Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

Jim, a bit late to the topic.  The first time we visited the Bay Area in the late 80s we picked Tiberon as our base.  I fell in love with the place, totally ideal.  The only problem was the daily commute to Boston would have been a bit rough.😉  Thanks for the pix, happy memories.  Katie

2 hours ago, canderson said:

No, we have a different concierge each time.  There are probably quite a lot of them and it's just a roll of the dice as to the person(s) responsible for your cruise.  You won't be contacted by one of these folks unless you have booked CS or above.  If you have, expect an email or call about 3 weeks prior to sail date.  They're not tied in any way to the PJ group, but can make contact with just about anyone if needed to assist with customer requests.

To speak with Private Journeys directly, regardless of what cabin category you booked, contacts here >> https://www.celebritycruises.com/shore-excursions/private-journeys

it use to be limited to upper suites but they expanded it to SS.     You may get an email questionnaire and phone number to call if in a SS but have even got that in aRS.  Depends on concierge.   

for me I find I hear from the same concierge that handles the specific ship.    Some are really good some are just doing a job. 

5 minutes ago, Oville said:

Jim, a bit late to the topic.  The first time we visited the Bay Area in the late 80s we picked Tiberon as our base.  I fell in love with the place, totally ideal.  The only problem was the daily commute to Boston would have been a bit rough.😉  Thanks for the pix, happy memories.  Katie

We had a really nice relaxing day there. 

21 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

We are on a B2B2B in January/February 2022.   I think we will avoid any ship excursions on the first two legs.

It worked for us and we try to social distance.  Not always easy as others aren’t as distancing at all. 

if not in port requiring ships tours only, Tours by Locals is a good source of private or small tours. 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I miss the furniture and the service.  In my view, the new Retreats are not an improvement.  Perhaps that is why they are mostly empty.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:35 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Those were hysterically stupid.

Remember them well (sans affection) from Mille’s 2019 eastbound Transpacific. 

They belong in a pre-school.

Perhaps the uncomfortable furniture was intentional. Don’t get too cozy in the Retreat lest you keep ordering included alcohol and overstay your welcome vs. the former non-inclusive Michael’s Club in the olden days. 

44 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Jim, what is that building with the orange top?  I used to spend a lot of time in San Francisco, and I don't remember a building like that.

It’s Salesforce Building and isn’t normally orange.   It was Orange for the Giants playoff. 

10 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Remember them well (sans affection) from Mille’s 2019 eastbound Transpacific. 

They belong in a pre-school.

Perhaps the uncomfortable furniture was intentional. Don’t get too cozy in the Retreat lest you keep ordering included alcohol and overstay your welcome vs. the former non-inclusive Michael’s Club in the olden days. 

The little munchkin chairs were removed and re-located to the Teen Club. 

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Jim, what is that building with the orange top?  I used to spend a lot of time in San Francisco, and I don't remember a building like that.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It’s Salesforce Building and isn’t normally orange.   It was Orange for the Giants playoff. 

Construction began in 2013 on the Salesforce Bldg. It opened in 2018. 

I also have had good luck with tours by locals, especially when a typhoon kept us out of a port!   In Tokyo a guide who claimed to be advanced English seemed was a bit modest.  I had to reword a couple of my convoluted sentences but he spoke excellent English and could answer all my questions.  

recently get yor guide was recommended to me, on cc, but I’ve not tried that. 

16 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Jim,

I read over the cafe Al bacio menu. I did not see if they offered a non dairy milk substitute. Do you know if they offer one or more milk substitutes for the coffee drinks? Thanks.

I've seen them offer Almond milk, oat milk, and soy milk as substitutes. They do run out at times though.

11 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I also have had good luck with tours by locals, especially when a typhoon kept us out of a port!   In Tokyo a guide who claimed to be advanced English seemed was a bit modest.  I had to reword a couple of my convoluted sentences but he spoke excellent English and could answer all my questions.  

recently get yor guide was recommended to me, on cc, but I’ve not tried that. 

We must have been on the same cruise.    

We also had Tours setup with them and the guide was excellent. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Any idea why the Millennium just turned Yellow on the CDC Cruise ***** chart?

Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC

I think because of the 1 passenger testing positive our last day in SF.  There were 25 contact traced but all others were negative. 

• Like 2

Dinner 

oops looks like one page of Blu Menu is missing 

Iain had the Salmon Starter snd I had White Bean soup from MDR

0C526F1D-934F-4331-B083-C2C44A936377.thumb.jpeg.dccc4fda2ef1d44ab13d10f0d80cd9ce.jpeg

A28B16C0-D880-4133-8F82-5710901AB290.thumb.jpeg.19ec34d353f7d34153c9aa980a1b332a.jpeg

F9AD87D6-4105-45CD-BF77-AECDACF18A7D.thumb.jpeg.b2a4cf77e49135582dde25a1647152bb.jpeg

402490F9-EC9B-411C-B416-2793B3C1CF60.thumb.jpeg.4c14eff71e59c3cd49dcb9e18ca5f47d.jpeg

C253C40F-1102-4FF5-A695-447B9A96B37A.thumb.jpeg.644c26a4a45c28be434a67e12c5f0dfb.jpeg

3B09B2EB-8A34-4E29-9471-66790E7637CE.thumb.jpeg.93dc4125696592e1b09f3aed0d9ef3d7.jpeg

for Main we both had the Veal Loin. 

0B9A4CE6-FBCB-4872-A98F-6AE43FE1E5BB.thumb.jpeg.8d4d7fd4b5fb8fe0e6709b694f6472c2.jpeg

New York Cheese Cake for desert. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Had a wonderful lunch in Blu today

057A2EB6-AE60-478B-A75C-9AC1BB8875D8.thumb.jpeg.a06b7474b3626914063bcaccdfc088da.jpeg

C7A09D52-3EE0-4F99-B5CA-3DB2EF1AFCDC.thumb.jpeg.8b40780d0519590e801453501228650a.jpeg

D5F8E864-B3DB-418B-8750-8F51A8148F22.thumb.jpeg.6875240fcc57397d29b8f836ae10dd3c.jpeg

Jim,  It was a nice surprise to see our friends Mary (Ellie) and Bob Moyer at your Zenith luncheon.  If you see them again, please tell them Mike and Mary from NC send their regards!  Thanks.

On 10/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Captain Yanis came on this morning and announced a passenger tested positive for Covid and had been removed from the ship and was being flown home via private jet provided by Celebrity.   

It appears the PAX was on a Bus Tour and 25 guests had been identified as close contact and have been confined to quarters until they pass 2 tests 24 hours apart.    Also they will not be able to continue if on a B2B.    

Thank you for posting about this.  We have cancelled our shore excursion on the Panama Canal and have contacted the Private Journey people to book something for the 2 of us only.  We have plenty of OBC.

2 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Jim,  It was a nice surprise to see our friends Mary (Ellie) and Bob Moyer at your Zenith luncheon.  If you see them again, please tell them Mike and Mary from NC send their regards!  Thanks.

Will do. We bump into them often.  Really a nice couple

• Like 1