Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

21 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Jin there is always one. On one TA we did we had to turn in our passports and this couple argued with the rep they were not going g to do it, never heard MF of such a thing. People were hollering just give them your passports!!! I was finally able to move to another line.

Afffogato You are killing me, my favorite especially after dinner. 

Love the pics, last time we were in Catalina years and years ago we rented a golf cart and went round the island, actually quite fun.

I was wishing we had rented a cart it would have been fun.    I believe the price is about $95 for a 4 passenger cart.

Those Affogato's are a must try.   Better than desert. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sometimes there are cards on a bulletin board but not sure they are doing that for any mtgs or get togethers. Maybe try your roll call...

When I went down to Guest Services they had nothing posted regarding any get together.    They no longer have the news and crossword puzzles are given out by request only.    Most paper items have been removed throughout the ship.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had our Covid tests around 10:00 this morning.    They say we will get our results back later today but if Tested Positive we would be immediately notified for a retest.

?  This was your B2B test, right?  What would they do if the second test was negative?  Enquiring B2B minds want to know. 

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I asked and they said that Celebrity usually has religious services during holiday periods or when their is a Priest or Rabi aboard that volunteers to do services.   It sounded like a canned answer.   Guest relations said that during holiday period they often give Rabi's and Priests that are offering to do services a comp room. 

Maybe others can relay their experiences on other ships. 

Most meeting have been eliminated or curtailed due to covid.    They discontinued CC meet and greet for 2021 and supposedly Friends of Bill and Friends of Dorthy.    There have been neither on Millennium but I noticed on Equinox they had both Friends of Bill and Dorthy every night, so my be ship dependent also. 

On the Equinox they had Friday night services, it was in the Celebrity today.  It was unhosted though.  

And our ship had both Friends of Bill and LGBQT meetings listed.  Curiously, they were the only two things that specified vaccinated only.  I hope there weren't too many 3 year old alcoholics that missed out.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

?  This was your B2B test, right?  What would they do if the second test was negative?  Enquiring B2B minds want to know. 

No problem if you test negative as that's what we want.  I'm sure you meant positive. .

If you test Positive you will be retested and confined to cabin.    Also all contact traced will be confined and tested.    The positive tested passenger is removed from the ship at the next port and flown home on a private plane at Celebrity expense (at least through Oct 31).   Contact traced, even if negative will not be permitted to do the B2B.   The contact traced are confined to cabin until they pass 2 tests 24 hours apart and then are required to wear a mask at all times outside their cabin for the remainder of the cruise.

This is the main reason we have been so good about wearing masks on the 1st cruise and when inside.   One point -   We had a friend that was contact traced and even though she wore a mask at all times was denied continuation on the B2B.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

After all the recommendations I stopped by Al Bacio for a Afffogato.  

Isn't the Affogato one of the best things ever created!?  Was that the first time you ever had one?.... You may be hooked!

Thank you for a wonderful live review!

17 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Isn't the Affogato one of the best things ever created!?  Was that the first time you ever had one?.... You may be hooked!

Thank you for a wonderful live review!

I've seen them for years but never had one until I read all of recommendations.    They could easily be my next best friend.    They are coffee after all aren't they?  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No problem if you test negative as that's what we want.  I'm sure you meant positive. .

No, I did mean negative.  You said that if you test positive, you would be immediately notified for a retest.  I'd not heard about a retest before.  And then what happens if the retest is negative?  Confined to cabin, you say, but for how long?  Until you reach home port again?

Edited by canderson

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've seen them for years but never had one until I read all of recommendations.    They could easily be my next best friend.    They are coffee after all aren't they?  

And gelato!  And chocolate sauce! 

I too had been seeing them recommended for years...then I finally tried one - I was hooked. Wondered why I waited so long!

(Note to anyone who has never had one: don't delay, just get one! 😄)

1 minute ago, canderson said:

No, I did mean negative.  You said that if you test positive, you would be immediately notified for a retest.  I'd not heard that before.  And then what happens if the retest is negative?  

Now I understand.  

I've been told that if you initially test positive and then test negative you are quarantined until you pass negative a second time 24 hours apart.    I'm not quite sure of the impact on a B2B in this scenario.   I'll see if I can find out.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Now I understand.  

I've been told that if you initially test positive and then test negative you are quarantined until you pass negative a second time 24 hours apart.    I'm not quite sure of the impact on a B2B in this scenario.   I'll see if I can find out.

All of this makes me start to wonder if B2B's are worth the risk.

Thanks.  As I noted in my edited post, I didn't even realize a retest was conducted.  From the few reports we've had, it sounded more like a 'one and done' deal, B2B or no B2B.

Here's hoping none of us have to deal with it!  Stay safe, both of you!

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In Blu they serve butter like this each evening.    There is a rotation of 2.

Unfortunately the Green and Red are not what they look like.    The green is "Mushy Pea" and the Red is "Beet"   All I can say is Yuck.     The other is "Carrot and Orange" and "Chickpea and Parmesan"    The Carrot and Parmesan ones aren't bad. 

they will bring additional Butter if requested. 

Mushy pea?!?! Is there actual butter mixed in there too? Although I'm not sure if yes or no would be worse.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

After all the recommendations I stopped by Al Bacio for a Afffogato.   Loved it.   Will definitely order again. 

A99503A3-E3B3-4D36-80AA-6AFB4D749469.thumb.jpeg.5d39864ad108cd290bba1d971ff40be3.jpeg

Iain had a Cappuccino and Lemon Tarts. 

DE8847E6-09E2-4BA4-89AB-5268B65664AC.thumb.jpeg.1779afe817e6ed6e6788e9fc3e2d36f3.jpeg

Really enjoying this “live from”, thank you so much for taking so much cruise time to do this for the landlocked!  

Question re the Affogato…have never had one onboard but def looks delicious and like something I need to try on my next sailing so here’s my stupid question; how do you eat/drink this? I don’t see a straw or spoon?  Sorry if it seems obvious to everyone else..

Fingers crossed for a negative result on your test as I’m really looking forward to more updates on your next leg! Enjoy!

Cathy

13 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

All of this makes me start to wonder if B2B's are worth the risk.

To me they are definitely worth the risk.    I've completed 2 (almost) since cruising and feel as safe as I would if I were home. 

13 hours ago, canderson said:

Thanks.  As I noted in my edited post, I didn't even realize a retest was conducted.  From the few reports we've had, it sounded more like a 'one and done' deal, B2B or no B2B.

Here's hoping none of us have to deal with it!  Stay safe, both of you!

The tests have been quick and not very invasive as they are not the PCR Brain teaser.   The full crew are being tested every 7 days with PCR and have just come to accept it as part of their job. 

11 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

Mushy pea?!?! Is there actual butter mixed in there too? Although I'm not sure if yes or no would be worse.

No -- -unfortunately there is no butter in them.   They are a spread and are ground quite well to give it a smooth texture.

I did make a mistake on the one with the Orange/Carrot spread.    I know everyone will give a sigh of yuck together.     It is Corn and Green Bean.   Actually it wasn't bad but I prefer the butter.

7 hours ago, harrywpb said:

Hi Jim

Apologies if this has been answered. Do the 24 passengers who have been quarantined for 48 hours get compensated for those two days ? 
thanks 

Harry

I read that they do on an earlier report and on the Tender the other day a couple 2 rows up were telling about being one of those contact traced.    Initially on quarantine they are given unlimited internet high speed, free movies and free room service and drink service delivered to their room.

Monetary wise they are given a credit equal to one day for each day they are quarantined.    All I have heard from say they thought it was fair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I read that they do on an earlier report and on the Tender the other day a couple 2 rows up were telling about being one of those contact traced.    Initially on quarantine they are given unlimited internet high speed, free movies and free room service and drink service delivered to their room.

Monetary wise they are given a credit equal to one day for each day they are quarantined.    All I have heard from say they thought it was fair.

Thank you Jim 

28 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Really enjoying this “live from”, thank you so much for taking so much cruise time to do this for the landlocked!  

Question re the Affogato…have never had one onboard but def looks delicious and like something I need to try on my next sailing so here’s my stupid question; how do you eat/drink this? I don’t see a straw or spoon?  Sorry if it seems obvious to everyone else..

Fingers crossed for a negative result on your test as I’m really looking forward to more updates on your next leg! Enjoy!

Cathy

For the Affogato they give you a spoon and you wold eat it more like a dish of ice cream.   When she first delivered it she forgot the spoon.    It is definitely a nice palate exp experience with the melting of gelato and chocolate syrup.   

I'm not sure when we get the results but sure if we were positive security would have searched us down yesterday.     I think on my B2B they gave us the printed test results on turn around day.  I'm sure it's a lot of work with 1,000 crew and about 50 pax.  

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Heck for those freebies, can I say that they forgot to contact me??? LOL

In health and bon voyage