Any word on Bermuda?

landsear

1 hour ago, NYcruzzer said:

Bermuda does indeed allow for a proctored PCR test. It isn't a rapid Antigen test like the Binax that people are using for Carnival and Royal. Per Bermudian government the link below explains a test that is acceptable.

https://www.costco.com/covid-19-saliva-pcr-test-kit-with-video-observation-for-travel%2c-by-azova.product.100722920.html

Whats the cost? I don't have costco so pricing doesn't show up for me.

1 hour ago, Ellusionz said:

Whats the cost? I don't have costco so pricing doesn't show up for me.

Not sure of the cost. Reading the link I would be concerned about their turn around time. Also I'd be concerned for possible delays in shipping of sample to lab. For my NCL cruise I opted for CVS PCR test. Scheduled 2 weeks out for a Wed. DW got her results Thursday afternoon. I got mine Friday early morning. Uploaded everything to Bermuda Website and had our TA's by Friday afternoon. I'm quite sure that Carnival will have same requirements if they are to visit Bermuda. Definitely don''t rely on anyone you speak with a Carnival Customer services.. 

Edited by NYcruzzer

13 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

Not sure of the cost. Reading the link I would be concerned about their turn around time. Also I'd be concerned for possible delays in shipping of sample to lab. For my NCL cruise I opted for CVS PCR test. Scheduled 2 weeks out for a Wed. DW got her results Thursday afternoon. I got mine Friday early morning. Uploaded everything to Bermuda Website and had our TA's by Friday afternoon. I'm quite sure that Carnival will have same requirements if they are to visit Bermuda. Definitely don''t rely on anyone you speak with a Carnival Customer services.. 

I am glad to hear that the turn around time for the Travel Authorization is fast. That I think has been my biggest concern because a government is involved. Of course I am used to dealing with the US government and maybe Bermuda's government is just more efficient.

5 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I am glad to hear that the turn around time for the Travel Authorization is fast. That I think has been my biggest concern because a government is involved. Of course I am used to dealing with the US government and maybe Bermuda's government is just more efficient.

Compared to the US government I believe a screen door on a submarine might be more efficient.

Now that the numbers are coming down from the latest spike I wonder what adjustments to restrictions might be made?  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Compared to the US government I believe a screen door on a submarine might be more efficient.

Now that the numbers are coming down from the latest spike I wonder what adjustments to restrictions might be made?  

Unfortunately, I think adjustments will be slow. It's like when the price of a barrel of oil changes, when it goes up the price at the pump goes up right away, but when it comes back down, the adjustment down is very slow.