Hotels in Miami near port

Looking for hotel recommendations near the port of Miami. A little about what we need, we are a bigger group so will need multiple rooms. We do have kids with us so a hotel with a pool or close to the beach/things to do would be great. We are planning to arrive a few days before we embark on our cruise.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!  

If you're arriving a few days prior to the cruise, I would not stay near the port.  Stay in the South Beach area and enjoy the beach life.  Although that will not be your cheapest option.  But staying there, you'll find relaxation, entertainment and dining all within walking distance.  Then just Uber/Taxi/Shuttle to the port on the day of your cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MeHeartCruising said:

If you're arriving a few days prior to the cruise, I would not stay near the port.  Stay in the South Beach area and enjoy the beach life.  Although that will not be your cheapest option.  But staying there, you'll find relaxation, entertainment and dining all within walking distance.  Then just Uber/Taxi/Shuttle to the port on the day of your cruise.

While normally I would agree with the advice to stay in the South Beach area precruise (and that's what we normally do) for the OP's needs I don't think it would be the best recommendation. For the OP hotels closer to the midbeach section of Miami beach would be a better choice. South beach hotels are expensive and the hotels that are less expensive are small with small rooms and few if any amenities that wouldn't be a good fit for families with kids. Midbeach has a few hotels that are less expensive, have more amenities and would serve families with children.  A few in the area would be Hampton Inn Miami Mid beach, Holiday Inn Miami Beach Oceanfront, Radisson Hotel Miami Beach, Cadillac Hotel and Beach Club, The Confidante (really nice place!) The Westgate South Beach Miami (not really in South Beach) just to name a few places.

• Like 3

The only time we have sailed out of Miami we stayed at the JW Marriott.   

It's location is very nice and since we arrived way before check-in time, owning to arrival of flight into FLL, we enjoyed walking around the area around the hotel when we decided to do a bit of walking while waiting for our room to be available. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 6:29 PM, DaKahuna said:

The only time we have sailed out of Miami we stayed at the JW Marriott.   

It's location is very nice and since we arrived way before check-in time, owning to arrival of flight into FLL, we enjoyed walking around the area around the hotel when we decided to do a bit of walking while waiting for our room to be available. 

Did you stay at the JW Marriott Marquis?  Just curious since that is where I’m staying on my upcoming trip and location to pier, looks close according to Apple Maps. 

Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Marriott (2-Biscayne Bay and Marquis)are all close to Port. As mentioned above Holiday Inn is right across from Marketplace- Restaurants and shopping and some excursions. Live music/Entertainment.

4 hours ago, kimberlypodgorny said:

Did you stay at the JW Marriott Marquis?  Just curious since that is where I’m staying on my upcoming trip and location to pier, looks close according to Apple Maps. 

Yes, sorry I was not more specific.  

I strongly recommend you plan not to arrive at the hotel until check-in time.  There were quite a few of us that were waiting all the way up until the check-in time for our rooms to be available.   

23 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, sorry I was not more specific.  

I strongly recommend you plan not to arrive at the hotel until check-in time.  There were quite a few of us that were waiting all the way up until the check-in time for our rooms to be available.   

Thank you!

If price is of importance, I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport West.  Don’t let the name worry you, I have never heard any airplanes from my room.  I typically get a rate around $70-$75 a night.  The hotel and rooms are very clean.  Plus the have a shuttle to the port for $12 per person.  Not all the bells and whistles as something on the intercostal or beach, but for a pre-cruise hotel, the budget price makes it a great option for those budget conscious cruisers.

It is about a 20-25 minute ride from the hotel to the port.

Edited by TheBucketLister