Oct 4th Grand Princess to Cabo

AF-1

18 hours ago, wallyj said:

From the last 5 day Cruise, it was reported tomorrow we will have Lobster and Escargot on the menu. It will be the Captain’s Circle cocktail party where the Top3 most traveled passengers are introduced if they attend.

Wally

Have they announced the totals for the Most Traveled yet ?

4 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Wally

Hi @srpilo, the captains circle cocktail party is in one hour so I will try to write down the numbers for the top3. Of the just over 700 passengers I believe there were about 250 invited meaning total number of Platinum and Elites on this sailing just over a third of the passengers. Will try to verify if circle host gives breakdown by level.

On another note, disappointed as tonight’s menu, Princess Dinner theme, will NOT have Escargot or Lobster like they did on night 4 of the first 5 day Cabo Sept 25th embarkation.

mains are Tuscan style Cassoulet, Kingklip with island flavors, Grilled Calamari Steak, Roasted Guinea Fowl, Turkey Hot Pot, TV says last item is Chateaubriand of Beef Tenderloin, but I am pretty sure this is not correct, will try to update when I go to dinner in 2 hours.

The library is open books available to check out. Menus entrees have been leg of lamb, beef medallion, vaeal scallopini.  Not sure what specific drinks from crooners you want. All the bars make the same drinks

To the person who asked about tender times. The tenders run allnight into the next day. Last tender is 10:30 am.  Saw Darrin Dowler perform. He was very good. I saw him sing with Paul Reveres Raiders during a concerts at Sea show. Cheers. Tomorrow is a sea day. 

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To anyone who asked about suites getting free dinner on first night. The answer is yes you do. Like some of you suite guests we thought less than six nights it was no; but our head waiter said yes you do. So we made reservations and our haead waiter said I willbe over at Crown  Grill to make sure you get it.  Yes we did receive our dinner and yes our head waiter from Davinci showed up and came to our table with Crown Grill head waiter and all was good.  Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, BrandiGreg said:

Here was tonight's mains (4th night). Calamari was good.  107 elites I think.  3rd most traveled about 1100 days. Most traveled about 1600 days.  Most Traveled Passenger luncheon tomorrow,  we made it with 478 days.  

Screenshot_20211007-154149_MedallionClass.jpg

Here's the appetizers tonight

Screenshot_20211007-154223_MedallionClass.jpg

4 hours ago, srpilo said:

Wally

Here are the exact numbers for #1, 1666 days, #2 1245 days and #3 1157 days.

I believe the cutoff for for making the MTP luncheon was low 200’s. The circle host announced only the number of elites at 107 but I was told the number of invites to the party was about 250, so about 143 Platinums.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe the cutoff for for making the MTP luncheon was low 200’s. The circle host announced only the number of elites at 107 but I was told the number of invites to the party was about 250, so about 143 Platinums.

Thanks

On 10/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, Twiga said:

I was looking at the Medallion App today to input my health/Covid vaccine information for an upcoming cruise on the Grand Princess.  In the fine print it says "guests will only be permitted to go ashore through shore excursions sold by or through Princess ... Self-exploration ... will not be permitted."  Have any of you on the Grand cruises so far been denied leaving the ship to explore on your own?  Were you able to go off the ship and wander around on your own?

Yes you can go ashore and wander around. No problem

On 10/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, emerald777 said:

Since the return to SP is late for every sailing so far, I wonder why they don't leave an hour or 2 earlier from Cabo.  

Thats a good question. We left cabo today right at 12 noon. We shall see what time we arrive back 8n san pedro

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wallyj said:

Just back from the MTP luncheon.  The loyalty gal said cutoff was 300 days.  Better than the last MTP.  Here's the menu.  And the dessert. Sea bass was divine.

20211008_120131.jpg

20211008_130201.jpg

• Like 7

17 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

So wrong...every other room is "backwards" (to F311).  😂  🤪

I meant that every window suite has a couch that makes into a bed. I was answering a question  regarding the couch and if there was room to open into bed to accomodate a nurse who takes care of handicapped person. Yes i did know each cabin is backwards as i can see when i walk down the hallway. Sorry for my confusion to you

• Like 1

Yes, we are docked, disembarkation was to start at 9am, so we are slightly delayed.

I believe they are doing a crew check first, but hopefully we will start soon. With only about 700 passengers, it should go quickly and the schedule says entire groups will be call in about an hour once started.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Yes, we are docked, disembarkation was to start at 9am, so we are slightly delayed.

I believe they are doing a crew check first, but hopefully we will start soon. With only about 700 passengers, it should go quickly and the schedule says entire groups will be call in about an hour once started.

Thanks for all your posts 🙂

Have Safe Journey Home 

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I meant that every window suite has a couch that makes into a bed. I was answering a question  regarding the couch and if there was room to open into bed to accomodate a nurse who takes care of handicapped person. Yes i did know each cabin is backwards as i can see when i walk down the hallway. Sorry for my confusion to you

I know you were being helpful.  Sorry if I took away from the seriousness of your reply.  I hope you enjoyed being in a Window Suite and will try it again on a longer cruise.  

• Like 2