Oct 4th Grand Princess to Cabo

AF-1

AF-1, would you mind asking the room steward if the sofa in F315 makes a bed for a 3rd person?

We are booked in that wheelchair accessible suite next year.  We would like to take our aide, but are considering how to best manage this.  It would greatly help us if we knew whether sharing the suite with us is an option.

FYI. While I was at tonights show in theater the cruise director mentioned we dock in Cabo at 1:30pm. Captain has not mentioned being late so that stinks.  Also the paperwork in our cabin mentions we will be Arriving back to LA late and self disembark starts at 9am. Again that stinks. I will now have to rebook my flight home. 

8 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

FYI. While I was at tonights show in theater the cruise director mentioned we dock in Cabo at 1:30pm. Captain has not mentioned being late so that stinks.  Also the paperwork in our cabin mentions we will be Arriving back to LA late and self disembark starts at 9am. Again that stinks. I will now have to rebook my flight home. 

We got an email delaying our itinerary. Did you get one or was it a complete surprise?;

4A55930F-C609-4DB5-88B4-B28991A88239.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser

9 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you for all the live posts you are doing!  I will be watching for you post on Saturday morning, as we board the ship.  Our time is 11:30, but if the ship comes in at 9am that may be a different story.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We got an email delaying our itinerary. Did you get one or was it a complete surprise?;

4A55930F-C609-4DB5-88B4-B28991A88239.jpeg

Complete surprise. We got back to cabin last night and the departure paperwok stated that first time slot off ship would be 9am

8 hours ago, CruzDayz said:

Mine changed a few days ago.  
image.thumb.png.7441cb45267649b4ec7ce1f076a6e792.png

From what we are hearing the whales are migrating from California to Mexico and all ships must slow down around the LA and Long Beach ports. This is why we get to Cabo at 1:30 in stead of noon. Although we leave at noon tomorrow to head back to LA we wont make our 6am arrival

• Thanks 1

Its 7;30 and we tender at 1;30. Weather looks great. Im sittin in horizon court. Less than ten people here. Wifi is still pretty fast. Im typing this blog with no interruptions 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, srpilo said:

Just to be clear, people are actually wearing masks outside by the pool or on the Promenade while lounging ?

Is this being asked or are signs posted outside ?

I was on last 4 day sailing and am currently on the 5 day. 

I understand those not sailing want to know about the ‘masks’ policy.

My experience  has been just as posted in #40 as the Princess stated policy. 

I think the whole ‘sip and cover’ has been blown up. I have lounged by the main pool and lotus pool without a mask, ordered drinks via ‘Ocean now’ and no one ever asked me or reminded me I should be ‘masked’. I have not witnessed anyone doing ‘sip and cover’ in a lounge or bar. I think the policy is subject to change as cases grow or shrink, this is what you will have to accept if you want to sail currently. If wearing a mask will upset you, stay home for now.

As stated, you are requested to wear a mask inside and in the stores and during some events.

I have seen quite a few passengers during the evening shows in the Princess Theater without masks . With such a low capacity it is easy to spread out, but I did noticed some people still want to sit up close and not leave at least one seat empty between groups not traveling together.

At last nights show in the Princess Theater and in the Explorer’s lounge before the show, an announcement was made this is a ‘sip on cover’ venue, so please wear a mask. I did see passengers ignoring the request in both venues and NO staff came around to remind them of the policy.

There are 3 venues on the ship designated as sip and cover, Vista lounge, Explorers Lounge and the Princess Theater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

50 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

From what we are hearing the whales are migrating from California to Mexico and all ships must slow down around the LA and Long Beach ports. This is why we get to Cabo at 1:30 in stead of noon. Although we leave at noon tomorrow to head back to LA we wont make our 6am arrival

Hmm we sail on 10/16/21 on the Majestic for a Mexican Riviera and they have sent us nothing on any delays or slow downs....will look into this on my side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dskenn said:

I am on the ship Saturday.  Can someone who ate in the dining room tonight let me know what some of the main entrees are please.  

Today was Italian night, typical Princess menu from the past, mains were Wild Mushroom Lasagna, Grilled Rockfish with Eggplant Caponata, Sautéed Shrimp &Sea Scallops/Garlic and Herbs, Breaded Chicken Breat/Prosecco Radicchio Cream, Veal Scaloppine/Marsala Wine Sauce, and the Pot Roast. Tv menu says Tuscan Beef Striploin Steak but it is the pot roast.

From the last 5 day Cruise, it was reported tomorrow we will have Lobster and Escargot on the menu. It will be the Captain’s Circle cocktail party where the Top3 most traveled passengers are introduced if they attend.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but this tired mind is unable to keep up with all the lives.

Would someone who is on the Cabo cruise please LIST menu theme.  San Diego 4 day too.  I don't need to know each item.  American, Italian, Formal/Lobster...etc.  Thank you

Embarkation

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

Today was Italian night, typical Princess menu from the past, mains were Wild Mushroom Lasagna, Grilled Rockfish with Eggplant Caponata, Sautéed Shrimp &Sea Scallops/Garlic and Herbs, Breaded Chicken Breat/Prosecco Radicchio Cream, Veal Scaloppine/Marsala Wine Sauce, and the Pot Roast. Tv menu says Tuscan Beef Striploin Steak but it is the pot roast.

From the last 5 day Cruise, it was reported tomorrow we will have Lobster and Escargot on the menu. It will be the Captain’s Circle cocktail party where the Top3 most traveled passengers are introduced if they attend.

Thank you!  I am was trying to see if when I get on the ship I can make Reservations in the Crown grill for Cabo night.  Thank you again @wallyj

On 10/4/2021 at 7:50 PM, wallyj said:

Hi @AF-1, thank you offering up your regular Sprite, do you know you can swap out any non alcohol items for like, same with alcohol items, so if you do not like sprite you can exchange for cokes or any other non alcohol items, same with alcohol, change to all beers or all vodka or any combo you like , alcohol can also be traded for non alcohol items, but non alcohol only trades for another non alcohol item.

Curious because I'm only 3 sailings away from Elite...do they give you little hotel/airplane shots of each alcohol? Thanks!