Milkshakes & Ice Cream

halifaxcruising

1 hour ago, halifaxcruising said:

Historically, Princess used to make their own ice cream.  Do they still make their own ice cream and offer it at Horizon Court at 4pm and is there a milkshake offering on the Enchanted Princess.

Thank you.

Milkshakes are dependent on the type of ice cream venue available.  Coffee & Cones offers "real" ice cream and you can get a shake made. Swirls (which is listed for Enchanted) typically only has soft serve ice cream and no shakes. For what it's worth I had a fantastic Vanilla Malt on Emerald Princess (Coffee and Cones) as I told them "lots and lots" of malt and the guy shoveled in a bunch.

Given the listing for "Swirls" on the Enchanted deck plans I wouldn't count on shakes being available. Of course you could try in a bar. They do make some "milkshakey" type of drinks although I've never tried one.

As for offering ice crem in HC at 4 PM... I've never seen that but that doesn't mean it never happens.

Ice cream used to be available in the Horizon Cort in the afternoon, but to my knowledge this is not happening anymore.

The last ship to do this every afternoon was the Pacific Princess which has left the fleet.

Ice cream is still available for free in the dining rooms at lunch and dinner.

Have not seen scooped ice cream in the buffet in many years. Gelato will be available in the Piazza. There is a cost, 3 scoops was $3.50, less for 2 and 1 scoop. Sundaes also available. Do not remember seeing milkshakes.

Enchanted will have Swirls, soft ice cream by the main pool, open 11am until later in the evening. I can't remember when we were on the Royal if milkshakes were available at Swirls. Best you wait until the Enchanted actually sails then ask again.

11 minutes ago, klenklen said:

Last on Regal 11/2019 they had vanilla hand scooped in the desert row of the Horizon Court until 9pm

You had to ask for it as it was not left out

I've only been up there on the Diamond for make your own sushi but this will definitely have me climbing all those stairs