Laundry facilities

beryl patricia

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

People who live in an apartment building and college students away at school use community laundry facilities all of the time and I have never heard of any outbreaks of any kind. I'm sure they don't have 2yrs of clothes piling up waiting for covid to  be over. Over the years we were forced to use a laundromat when our washer died. I don't see it being an issue not being sanitized between usages.

I have a college aged kid. I'm super impressed that he's even doing his laundry on a regular basis and is getting up early to use the machines when everyone else is still asleep. He hasn't caught anything yet. I also do laundry whenever we go to Disney in the hotel's shared laundry facility. I've been 3 times since the pandemic started and I've never sanitized the machines and I also wait in the laundry room while my clothes are going and haven't seen anyone else sanitizing the machines.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:33 AM, LynnForestgate said:

I am surprised that people actually use these.

Love the name beryl patricia 🙂 

On 10/8/2021 at 6:03 AM, leck57 said:

Why?

We have often done some land based touring before a cruise and might need to do some washing. We would rather do this than take a bigger suitcase.

On 10/8/2021 at 6:17 AM, LynnForestgate said:

Did not imagine people would use them....

On 10/9/2021 at 12:39 PM, voljeep said:

I'm wondering is some people don't want to use the washers that have been used by previous cruisers and not cleaned / sanitized between usages ... just a thought in these times.

when we went to a vrbo last summer, we used one of the washer 'cleaner' packs before putting in clothes the next load

in context to this

56 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

You seem proud of this, would that be correct ?

I own their timeshare. If I didn't go frequently I'd be wasting money. They've been doing pretty well with pandemic protocols. Everyone masks, they were practicing distance, limited capacity in parks and restaurants. We drive so we don't do anything outside the Disney bubble. Before we were vaccinated we quarantined before and after. Now we are vaccinated. We've had no issues with Disney trips.

10 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I would put my health, and that of others, above any monetary value or timeshare.

We haven't contracted anything while we've been there and Disney is very strict about health measures in their hotels. There's sanitizer and wipes everywhere. No one is allowed to ride the elevators with anyone other than their own party. Everyone is masked and we are vaccinated. I use their disability pass so I don't have to stand in regular queues while waiting for attractions. You obviously feel safe cruising. I feel safe while visiting Disney. We have the ability to quarantine before and after trips.

2 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I don't feel safe cruising actually.

What ever gave you that idea.

No cruising for me, until all this pandemic has really finished.

Unless they find a cure for covid and convince everyone to take it the pandemic is probably here for the long run. It's a novel virus that mutates. It's going to be one of those things we have to get vaccinated for yearly at least if not every 6 months. If you are waiting for things to get back to prepandemic you are going to be waiting for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LynnForestgate said:

No cruising for me, until all this pandemic has really finished.

This pandemic will never finish. We will learn to live with it, and vaccines will mitigate the worst of the symptoms.

I don't think you will ever cruise again is that is your position.

• Like 3

I always do laundry on our cruise any more!  On a 7 day cruise, I will usually wash most things towards the end, so that I don't have a lot to do when I get home.  It's not like I chain myself in the laundry room.  I put a load in, go back and read on my balcony, setting a timer on my phone to go back.   On 10 day cruises and longer, I do it part way through so that I don't have to pack as much.   I keep pods and dryer sheets in a small ziplock bag, but the empty pill bottle for pods is a great idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I always do laundry on our cruise any more!  On a 7 day cruise, I will usually wash most things towards the end, so that I don't have a lot to do when I get home.  It's not like I chain myself in the laundry room.  I put a load in, go back and read on my balcony, setting a timer on my phone to go back.   On 10 day cruises and longer, I do it part way through so that I don't have to pack as much.   I keep pods and dryer sheets in a small ziplock bag, but the empty pill bottle for pods is a great idea!

Check out Color Grabber sheets (get mine at Walmart).  Use them when cruising since I don't really separate my colors like I do at home.

• Like 1