Typical price of deluxe beverage package?

When I booked my cruise last week the deluxe beverage package was in the $50 range per day (which is what I remember from pre-covid days).  It was "on sale" but I am always skeptical of sales and was on the fence about purchasing, so I didn't.  I see today that it's now priced at $71 per person (also billed as 20% off).  Is that a typical price, perhaps since sailings have resumed? I have a few months (and black Friday) before we sail, so I'll keep an eye for a better price.  Just not sure what a "better price" is these days. 

Edited by kimberlym4

It’s going to depend on ship and length of cruise (longer is cheaper).  

id think $50 is pretty good.  Note that the % off in the images doesn’t track changes immediately.  I think a big sale just ended. 

Edited by AustinCruise

I have only had luck with the good refreshment package deal on Black Friday.  $72 was the top price I have seen people post on here around $68 is the sale price of the $72 price.  The lowest price I have seen was on sale for $50. If it goes that low buy it.  There is a possibility that it would go to $48 but I wouldn't gamble on the $50 price.

12 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

$70 is more typical. Maybe somewhere in between. 

they do usually have a big Black Friday sale. 

you can also cancel, get a full refund, and repurchase at anytime.

How long are refunds taking to be processed these day? You could be paying interest waiting for the credit and if you pay it off you will have to get a cash refund from the credit card company.

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

How long are refunds taking to be processed these day? You could be paying interest waiting for the credit and if you pay it off you will have to get a cash refund from the credit card company.

Mine was 10 days. I spend enough (sadly) on my card monthly that I don’t end up with a credit balance. 

1 hour ago, kimberlym4 said:

When I booked my cruise last week the deluxe beverage package was in the $50 range per day (which is what I remember from pre-covid days).  It was "on sale" but I am always skeptical of sales and was on the fence about purchasing, so I didn't.  I see today that it's now priced at $71 per person (also billed as 20% off).  Is that a typical price, perhaps since sailings have resumed? I have a few months (and black Friday) before we sail, so I'll keep an eye for a better price.  Just not sure what a "better price" is these days. 

The $50 range is a pretty good price these days. For reference, we bought the DBP at $57 a day for a 5 day cruise and $50 a day for a 7 day cruise. We just got off the IOTS and the onboard price was $84 a day!

39 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

How long are refunds taking to be processed these day? 

Not sure about cruise planner refunds but Im still waiting on a refund of taxes and port charges from a 9-10-21 cruise and airfare refund from Air2Sea that was cancelled in July.  

As far as the Deluxe package goes. 50.00 pp pd was the lowest I saw for Ovation

Edited by ryano

On some recent sailings of Independence there have been entries in the Compass on the first day with BOGO offers for the package. If that's an actual thing and I didn't misread it, it seems like it'd be a much better plan to buy on board regardless of price. (And now I can't find it again, so maybe I just dreamed it?)

I paid $58/day for a 5 day, when it went down from $67 for 3 or 4 days. It's back up to the $67 price now. 

2 minutes ago, m32446 said:

On some recent sailings of Independence there have been entries in the Compass on the first day with BOGO offers for the package. If that's an actual thing and I didn't misread it, it seems like it'd be a much better plan to buy on board regardless of price. (And now I can't find it again, so maybe I just dreamed it?)

I paid $58/day for a 5 day, when it went down from $67 for 3 or 4 days. It's back up to the $67 price now. 

I didn’t see any package bogo in Aug on independence. 

53 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Mine was 10 days. I spend enough (sadly) on my card monthly that I don’t end up with a credit balance. 

I would imagine most people are in that situation but I still wouldn't want to pay interest on a drink package for two waiting for a refund. Actually you would have to pay interest on 4 drink packages unless you have enough disposable income to pay them both off. I would have money set aside for 2 but not 4.

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I would imagine most people are in that situation but I still wouldn't want to pay interest on a drink package for two waiting for a refund. Actually you would have to pay interest on 4 drink packages unless you have enough disposable income to pay them both off. I would have money set aside for 2 but not 4.

It's only a 10 day overlap. But yes, if you don't pay off your card every month there would be some cost.  If you do and it falls into the same billing period it's all a wash.

• Like 1

Bought at $58/night/pp on Wonder about 2 weeks ago, down from $71.

For me when I have a cruise on the horizon I add checking the Cruise Planner daily to my morning internet roundup.  Just to see if anything moves from day to day.  It takes all of 2 minutes to see how things are trending day to day.

46 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

It's only a 10 day overlap. But yes, if you don't pay off your card every month there would be some cost.  If you do and it falls into the same billing period it's all a wash.

Btw - if your saving $7-21 per day, it makes up for a bit of interest. 

Thanks everyone, I'll keep checking - kicking myself for not grabbing it at $50.  Haven't looked at any of this in so long - I just assumed that was the typical price as it was in the past.   In fact, I think I got it for $39 on my last cruise three years ago!

Now, I'm wondering if the on board prices of drinks have also increased so much.  That would play a role in whether 50 or 70 is worth it to someone.

3 hours ago, kimberlym4 said:

Don't worry another sale will come.  Black Friday will get you the price you need. 🙂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I cancelled and rebooked my DBP for a price drop back in July for my August cruise.  I had the refund hit my Visa 10 days later.

4 hours ago, kimberlym4 said:

Shorter cruises tend to have higher DBP.  I just bought it for Liberty for $50