Live from the Encore to Seattle & Alaska with Cleveland and company!!

I'm still on east coast time. Today we arrive in Icy Strait (Hoonah) at 300p. Hoping to get off for a bit, but this late arrival makes it hard with a 530 dinner at Cagney's. 

The dailies said sunset at 607p, so in order to get any photos, I'll have to get off with the masses. So we shall see how I'm feeling later.

We depart around 930p. I'll be exhausted by then.

Edited by ClevelandCruisin

I remember when we used to get a card for a time change notice. Not this time, just a little note anyone could miss on the front page of the dailies. 

This should be top news, not hidden away. Not sure who designs these dailies. Reminds me of one of those disclaimers you never can read on TV or that they have to put, but make it so small to read.

Just a hint for future cruisers, if you want paper copies of your dailies. We just asked our steward with a note, and now he leaves one every night.

If not, you'll have to view them through the app, or head to guest services for a copy.

I prefer a paper copy over my phone in case the wifi goes bonkers. I've noticed at certain times it will not work because of the amount of people using it. Overall the wifi upgrade has been great!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

This should be top news, not hidden away. Not sure who designs these dailies. Reminds me of one of those disclaimers you never can read on TV or that they have to put, but make it so small to read.

YES!  I was in the market for a new lease car a few weeks ago.  I kept seeing the same commercial on tv advertising a lease car at a really affordable price.  So, I paused it and took a photo, so I could enlarge the fine print and be able to read it.  The price was only for GM employees who already had a GM lease car.  🙄

7 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I remember when we used to get a card for a time change notice. Not this time, just a little note anyone could miss on the front page of the dailies. 

We’re on this sailing too, and got the separate time change card left in our cabin last night; we also get the paper dailies each night and never asked for them. Perhaps it’s just a difference between room stewards.

• Like 2