Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

23 hours ago, binro01 said:

Does anyone know if I apply for an AMEX card, if I would receive this offer? I have seen one person on this thread apply for the Blue card but did not get the offer. I was wondering if any new AMEX member had luck receiving this offer.

I applied for the AMEX blue card 2 days ago and did not receive the offer.  I have accepted 140 offers just to move them and have the same 7 offers left.  I have not used the card yet so maybe once I use it then new offers will show up.  I just got off the phone with AMEX asking them to check for the offer to see if I have it on any of my family cards and did not.  She also said she was not able to specifically add the offer because it is random.

11 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

Anyone know a work around this....

Have it on 2 cards , one i'll do cruise planner items on black Friday BUT

went in to make $1500 payment to the only cruise I have booked and 

My big box TA doesn't accept Amex 

I'm so bummed, anyone have any ideas? 😁

It doesn’t matter how many cards you see the offer on. It only works on one card per person. 

On a different note, I’m surprised your TA can’t process Amex. The merchant is Royal, not your TA. 

Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lieslt said:

I applied for the AMEX blue card 2 days ago and did not receive the offer.  I have accepted 140 offers just to move them and have the same 7 offers left.  I have not used the card yet so maybe once I use it then new offers will show up.  I just got off the phone with AMEX asking them to check for the offer to see if I have it on any of my family cards and did not.  She also said she was not able to specifically add the offer because it is random.

I did the same thing and got the same answer.  I did, however, end up transferring all of my reservations over to American Express Travel and getting $100-$200 worth of on board credits for each sailing (I had 5 sailings!)and 2x points.  So it was worth something at least.

2 hours ago, publicpersona said:

It doesn’t matter how many cards you see the offer on. It only works on one card per person. 

On a different note, I’m surprised your TA can’t process Amex. The merchant is Royal, not your TA. 

I have offers on my name and my husband.

Called today and confirmed... big box TA said no Amex period 😓

Edited by newcruzer2

12 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

This may seem like a stupid question but here goes. I charge $1500 on my Amex and pay it off within the same statement month, I get a $500 statement credit. Can I then use that $500 or does that then bring down the amount I charged to only $1000? 

It shows up as a credit on your statement. If you pay off the card before you get your credit then your card balance would be -$500 when the credit posts.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:24 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Finally, an Amex offer for Royal Caribbean, and a good one!  Spend $1,000 by December 31, 2021 and get a $350 statement credit.  

My deal from AMEX was spend $500 get $200.

58 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

This may seem like a stupid question but here goes. I charge $1500 on my Amex and pay it off within the same statement month, I get a $500 statement credit. Can I then use that $500 or does that then bring down the amount I charged to only $1000? 

It doesn't post as a "refund" -- it posts like a payment.

So you spend $1500, and AmEx makes a $500 payment on your account, and you still have to pay $1000.

Or, you spend $1500, you make a $1500 payment, and AmEx makes a $500 payment on your account, so you have a credit balance of $500 that you can go spend on other stuff.

1 minute ago, renza said:

I got $500 off of $1500. We got 2 offers, one on my card one in my husbands. And we have 2 cruises for feb and March. So saving $1000

We double up with the DW card we got $400 on the $1000 charge.   

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It doesn't post as a "refund" -- it posts like a payment.

So you spend $1500, and AmEx makes a $500 payment on your account, and you still have to pay $1000.

Or, you spend $1500, you make a $1500 payment, and AmEx makes a $500 payment on your account, so you have a credit balance of $500 that you can go spend on other stuff.

So if I charge $1000, and pay it off and then in the same statement period charge $600, I only pay $100 to pay off the card? Does the $500 credit show up fairly quickly? 

4 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

So if I charge $1000, and pay it off and then in the same statement period charge $600, I only pay $100 to pay off the card? Does the $500 credit show up fairly quickly? 

It can sometimes take a month or two to show up.

9 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Past deals , in my case has  shown when your charge actually posts . In other words when it no longer is PENDING

Edited by TheMiz

17 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

Can anyone confirm that this does or doesn't work with "Royal Up" payments?

As far as I know from past bookings , it doesn't matter as long as it shows the charge going to Royal Caribbean.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

As far as I know from past bookings , it doesn't matter as long as it shows the charge going to Royal Caribbean.   

Thank you, I appreciate it, if anyone has actually had the credit applied against a Royal up, please let me know, I am debating increasing my bids to offset my credit to give myself a better chance.

54 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

Thank you, I appreciate it, if anyone has actually had the credit applied against a Royal up, please let me know, I am debating increasing my bids to offset my credit to give myself a better chance.

If you have an AMEX that is offering this deal I wouldn't wait too long, as they tend to disappear

If you do have one and are just thinking about it I would "ADD TO CARD"  to lock in the deal you don't have to use it and if you do use it you have to before Dec 31st.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

If you have an AMEX that is offering this deal I wouldn't wait too long, as they tend to disappear

If you do have one and are just thinking about it I would "ADD TO CARD"  to lock in the deal you don't have to use it and if you do use it you have to before Dec 31st.

Thank you, Yes I added the offer as soon as I saw this post.  Now trying to figure out how how to spend $1500 to get the $500 back, and the only thing we haven't paid for is our Royal Up Bid.

I got 500 off 1500; I don’t have any cruises booked currently. I plan to book an Apr 2022 cruise this week and make $1500 in payments. I'll then cancel under the CWC policy in Feb/Mar. That will give me a future cruise credit good until Apr 2023.  Booking solo to ensure I get the entire FCC in my name

2 hours ago, MikeKl said:

I looked at my last RoyalUp accepted bid charge and it shows up the same way as a charge for paying cruise fare direct to Royal or a deposit on a booking or a cruise planner purchase, so I would assume that this charge would register just the same.

• Thanks 1