U.S. to accept international travellers inoculated with WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines

K_e_short

I’m happy for those people. Just frustrated it still excludes the million of us that have an AZ mix. 

I asked RCL if they were able to extend the cancel with no penalty date as I have only 2 weeks left for my 90 days. They said no. 😔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

This is developing tonight.  I’d give it a few days to percolate.  I know the angst you are feeling but I think this is a first step and a big positive.  

I'm pretty pessimistic at the moment so don't think this is good for those with AZ/Pfizer or Moderna.

Cruiselines are allowing those with TWO doses of AZ to cruise. Most of the cruiselines don't specifically say AZ as being an approved vaccine as it's not recognized (or wasn't) by the CDC but was recgonized by WHO.

What that means is what has been said all along. If you got the approved vaccine dose as per the manufacturers recommendation you are considered vaccinated and can enter the U.S.

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

I'm pretty pessimistic at the moment so don't think this is good for those with AZ/Pfizer or Moderna.

Cruiselines are allowing those with TWO doses of AZ to cruise. Most of the cruiselines don't specifically say AZ as being an approved vaccine as it's not recognized (or wasn't) by the CDC but was recgonized by WHO.

What that means is what has been said all along. If you got the approved vaccine dose as per the manufacturers recommendation you are considered vaccinated and can enter the U.S.

I have to agree. I am feeling very pessimistic tonight now about our AZ/mRNA mix and thisclose to cancelling our November trip 😞

We are crossing fingers, toes, arms, legs etc etc... that the US changes their policies on mixed vaccines.  DH is Astra x2 and I am Astra and Mod.  At this present time, he can sail on Princess and I cannot.  

Final payment for us is late January so the US has time to catch up.  Looking forward to being back on a ship in the near future.

Karen and Kevin

• Like 1

We are also hoping. Both are AZ and Pfizer. We were also planning on spending the winter in SC,  but will give that up if we  can take our planned cruises. This cruise withdrawal is getting harder. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

So the U.S.'s CDC is not the centre of the universe after all. The U.S. will take the opinion of the WHO into account. WOW! 

Those folks with mixed vaccines should be jumping for joy at this news. 🥳

Not yet…I won’t believe it until I see it on the CDC website, and on the cruiselines web sites.  It could take months for the big wigs to mull it over. The W.H.O. has always agreed with mixed vaccines and the CDC has continually ignored it.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Not yet…I won’t believe it until I see it on the CDC website, and on the cruiselines web sites.  It could take months for the big wigs to mull it over. The W.H.O. has always agreed with mixed vaccines and the CDC has continually ignored it.  

The CDC has accepted mixed mRNA vaccinations for some time.

WHO has only recently indicated that mixed AZ mRNA vaccinations are safe and efficacious.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, broberts said:

WHO has only recently indicated that mixed AZ mRNA vaccinations are safe and efficacious.

I should have been more specific…I meant the mixed vaccines of AZ and something else. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, broberts said:

I should have been more specific. I was talking about the mixed AZ and other vaccines re: cruising.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I should have been more specific. I was talking about the mixed AZ and other vaccines re: cruising.

I think it's important to note in terms of travelling that the CDC has allowed those with Pfizer/Moderna vaccines to get on a cruise ship.

The rules for cruise ships are laid out by the CDC. They are the ones saying that a certai % has to be vaccinated.

I would see that as saying that Pfizer/Moderna mixes are approved by the CDC and you will be allowed to travel to the U.S.

How could they allow you to cruise but not enter the country if it's the same regulatory body?

They have never allowed those with AZ/Pfizer or Moderna to cruise as a vaccinated guests.

The only time that is allowed is for non U.S. (aka NOT the CDC) ports.

• Like 1