Ovation of the Seas? Will she return to Australia?

whitshel

4 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Just wondering if the Ovation will return to Australia after her brief Alaska season or will they just keep her on the west coast in "deep sleep" until Alaska starts back up or maybe do some west coast stuff?

Ovation is still a go for Honolulu to Vancouver April 25 2022  They canceled the Quantum April 26 Honolulu to Vancouver several moths ago.  We took the 125% and booked the Ovation the following day.  Quantum was five days longer and $500 cheaper. Ovation has increased prices by over $1000.00 in the last few weeks for a OV Balcony. 

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

Cruising Power still shows all cruises until the 4/25 Hawaii cruise as N/A.  They'll have to sell those cabins quick if they start in January.

The Ovation cruises from Sydney are available for sale, but only to locals in Australia.  
They are visible if you change country to Australia on Royal’s web site.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

The Ovation cruises from Sydney are available for sale, but only to locals in Australia.  
They are visible if you change country to Australia on Royal’s web site.  

They certainly are and they aren’t cheap.

They seem to be selling well also.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

They certainly are and they aren’t cheap.

They seem to be selling well also.

Yeah,  I asked my usual US cruise TA if he could make a booking for us, since we are currently in Aus.  They can’t.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Did this come out today?  Currently on Ovation and our CK waiter is going home later this month and has a new contract to return to the Ovation on January 5th.  This will really throw a monkey wrench into what the Ovation is going t do. 

Did he tell you where he will be sailing to and from come January?

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Did this come out today?  Currently on Ovation and our CK waiter is going home later this month and has a new contract to return to the Ovation on January 5th.  This will really throw a monkey wrench into what the Ovation is going t do. 

Ask where he joins the ship?

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

This might be the chance for an Oasis class to operate from Australia: 

“We are continuing with our plans to produce a private destination in Vanuatu in late 2024…”

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

This might be the chance for an Oasis class to operate from Australia: 

“We are continuing with our plans to produce a private destination in Vanuatu in late 2024…”

Very observant, I didn’t bother reading it properly and missed it.
Just to disgusted.

Yep , a oasis class for sure.

I thought one of the older ones such as Oasis or Allure.

But looking at Wonder,it still has a lot of Chinese signage and I don’t think it will go down to well in the U.S.

So Wonder home ported in Singapore and Australia.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It looks like RC has pulled the pin on Australian season.

I wonder what they will do with ovation.

San Francisco?

In full anticipation of Australia's edict, I hoped RCCL would delay Navigator's move to the west coast and use Ovstion for those runs instead.

To add to my dreams.....I hoped for a few 15-night LA/San Diego round trips to Hawaii. (Radiance did those up until appx 2009)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STEVE-O said:

In full anticipation of Australia's edict, I hoped RCCL would delay Navigator's move to the west coast and use Ovstion for those runs instead.

To add to my dreams.....I hoped for a few 15-night LA/San Diego round trips to Hawaii. (Radiance did those up until appx 2009)

Ovation would have to be able to hook up to shore power.

It’s unknown if it can but you would think a newer ship like it is would.

7 hours ago, STEVE-O said:

I certainly hope not. We have Navigator January  fully paid for with FCC'S. We also had Ovation paid for with 6 FCC'S and Ovation Honolulu to Vancouver was cancelled today.  We were told all FCC's will be reissued. Getting to be a total PITA to use FCC'S. Only saving grace is getting the 125% back on down payment money. Two of the FCC we just used were from Canceling Ovation transpacific in 2019 and applied to Allure transatlantic 2020 which was cancelled and FCC applied to Harmony 2021 which we cancelled and used the original 2019 fcc for Ovation 2022. Wife on the phone right now and moving everything over to Quantum Vancouver to Honolulu Sep 2022, and guess what... Quantum is $700 cheaper for the same balcony cabin and a FCC will be issued good until Dec. 21 2022  Someone in the family is Loyal to Royal.

• 4 weeks later...