Late MDR dining being eliminated?

coaster

I have not read any of your responses, but there are 8 of us to cruise the first part of January.  They had us down for "early" dining, and my TA was able to get it changed to late, and I hope we don't run into a problem like you did.  The reason we do late is because, we DON'T have to rush back from the port to the ship for dinner, and can shower/rest/dress before our late dinner.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:04 PM, coaster said:

Just called Royal again. No options for a My Time dining time for late dining is strange. Tons of open cabins. Sailing so underbooked is why I guess why they only offer early MDR and nothing else,

When you select My Time dining, there is no sub-selection of early or late.  You can dine anytime from open to close each day, either the same time you choose or different times each day.  I think you mean that there are no reservations available for the later time slots.  You can check again when you board and you can likely get the time you want.  Or you can just show up without a reservation and wait a few minutes until a table opens.  Options are good! 

Early and late dining are set times each day of the cruise.  

Note:  I added this before reading your update confirming you were looking for late MTD times.  I do think you’ll be able to get that taken care of on board. Good luck!

Edited by SheSailsFL

6 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I have late dining on all my invoices into February 2023 for Harmony.  Late dining on that ship is 7:45 pm.  We sail out of Port Canaveral and early dining is hot!  

Note.  Late dining is different on each ship.  On our Jewel cruises in 2022 it's 8 pm.  Some have it at 8:30.

Baron I understand where your coming from, but for us, we are hoping it is late, as it is such a RUSH to get back to the ship and get ready for dinner. As I said earlier, if it is the late dinner, then we have time to shower/relax and not hurry before dinner.

15 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Note.  Late dining is different on each ship.  On our Jewel cruises in 2022 it's 8 pm.  Some have it at 8:30.

We're used to 815 or 830 for late, but like the idea of 745 for our HOTS cruises in Nov/Dec.

I was on Mariner a couple weeks ago.  I had confirmed late seating dining before i left.  When I boarded and got my seapass card.  I noticed it said "My Time Dining" and went to the MDR to fix.  They told me that Late seating dining had been removed due to low capacity and I was relegated to My Time dining. 

68C9F246-EA6C-43B4-9B38-0AB586008C5D.thumb.jpeg.dfefcbe075c5e5ba1eb647eaffcc8a4a.jpeg

This is my cruise compass onboard.

I noticed now that there is late seating for "everyone" but not vaccinated folks, which is..pretty much everyone above 12.  It was only 3 days and I always said I've wanted to try My time, but meh, didn't like it.  Here's hoping that my next cruise will have late seating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I was on Mariner a couple weeks ago.  I had confirmed late seating dining before i left.  When I boarded and got my seapass card.  I noticed it said "My Time Dining" and went to the MDR to fix.  They told me that Late seating dining had been removed due to low capacity and I was relegated to My Time dining. 

68C9F246-EA6C-43B4-9B38-0AB586008C5D.thumb.jpeg.dfefcbe075c5e5ba1eb647eaffcc8a4a.jpeg

Did they really require reservations for My Time Dining?  We've never made reservations before and just show up when we feel like eating.  I hope that hasn't changed.

13 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Did they really require reservations for My Time Dining?  We've never made reservations before and just show up when we feel like eating.  I hope that hasn't changed.

I made reservations onboard when i found out i had My time, but given that they were on lower capacity, I don't think it was necessary.  Unbeknownst to me, they also made my first reservation at 8.  But only the first one.

As i said, it was only 3 nights, and 1 night, i went to Chef's Table.

Edited by Rogueperson

Yes LynnForestgate, I do hope we can get the late dining as well.  I was TOLD, that if they give us the early dining (unless ??? it would be because the ship capacity was low, and I would understand), we could always ask to have our dinner time changed for late. Since there are 8 of us, I hope we don't have to do the MTD, as I would prefer having the same people wait on us. (Maybe??? this happens at MTD, and I don't know.) This way they get to know us, and we get to know them a tad too. 🙂

1 minute ago, beshears said:

Yes LynnForestgate, I do hope we can get the late dining as well.  I was TOLD, that if they give us the early dining (unless ??? it would be because the ship capacity was low, and I would understand), we could always ask to have our dinner time changed for late. Since there are 8 of us, I hope we don't have to do the MTD, as I would prefer having the same people wait on us. (Maybe??? this happens at MTD, and I don't know.) This way they get to know us, and we get to know them a tad too. 🙂

I'm told even with mid you can request same staff.  Since we do traditional dining i don't have first hand knowledge. Our aunt and uncle always did that.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:53 PM, cruisegus said:

with the lousy time they are now offering no dinner till 6:45 or later

Agree...6:45 is not a good time for us. Even though early dining time (5:30) seems early, at least we ill be able to see the early shows and have more time for fun in the evenings. For cruises from Nov-Mar. it gets dark early anyway, right?