RCL Disembarkation Test Acceptable To Reenter Canada?

CanacruiserKim

Good morning everyone!

Apologies if this has been covered.

Planning a cruise out of Miami on Symphony of the Seas. They do offer a PCR test before disembarkation. I've spoken to RCL and emailed them. No real firm answer.

Is the test they provide on board acceptable to reenter Canada? Molecular PCR. Need to finalize my flights and would prefer to leave the ship and head straight to the airport rather than stay an extra day in Miami to get test results.

Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, CanacruiserKim said:

Planning a cruise out of Miami on Symphony of the Seas. They do offer a PCR test before disembarkation. I've spoken to RCL and emailed them. No real firm answer.

Is the test they provide on board acceptable to reenter Canada? Molecular PCR. Need to finalize my flights and would prefer to leave the ship and head straight to the airport rather than stay an extra day in Miami to get test results.

You need to let RCL know (when you get on board) that you'll need a PCR test on disembarkation. It is included, but it takes longer for them to do than just an antigen test. They will contact you 1-2 days prior to docking to schedule it with you.

Thank you.

It's so odd....I keep getting different answers from rcl and travel agents. Rcl told me today that it is just an antigen test they provide. A cruise travel agent told me yes, its pcr and a different travel agent said no.

Has anyone gone and come back from Symphony of The Seas?

I just don't want to get stuck in Miami and lose my flight home etc.

Thanks again!

15 minutes ago, CanacruiserKim said:

Thank you.

It's so odd....I keep getting different answers from rcl and travel agents. Rcl told me today that it is just an antigen test they provide. A cruise travel agent told me yes, its pcr and a different travel agent said no.

Has anyone gone and come back from Symphony of The Seas?

I just don't want to get stuck in Miami and lose my flight home etc.

Thanks again!

Its right on their website. They wouldn't be doing them for disembarking pax if they weren't going to be accepted.

10 minutes ago, mom says said:

Its right on their website. They wouldn't be doing them for disembarking pax if they weren't going to be accepted.

Yes, I saw that but when I tried to confirm with RCL directly I received both yes and no. If there's any Canadians who travelled on SOTS recently that would be great!

8 minutes ago, CanacruiserKim said:

Yes, I saw that but when I tried to confirm with RCL directly I received both yes and no. If there's any Canadians who travelled on SOTS recently that would be great!

RCI and sister line Celebrity both offer the free PCR tests. Another thing that they have in common is front-line employees who fail to provide the correct information at times. Quite honestly, you are going to get more accurate information from the CC collective than you will from some of the cruise line agents. Note that different agents are giving you several different answers, but CC members are giving you a consistent response that you will receive a free PCR test.

I notice that you haven't posted on the RCI board. There are many non-Canadians over on the RCI board who are well aware of what RCI offers, and it would benefit you to repeat your post there.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CanacruiserKim said:

I will be on SOTS leaving this Saturday and can report back after our cruise. I was told that as long as they know we need the PCR we will receive it. It says in the website that for those who need it to reenter their destination it will be provided to. 

• Like 4

I got off the Oasis October 3rd.   Day 2 of the cruise we went to Client Services and made an appt. to have a PCR test done.  

We did it Saturday morning, for a Sunday disembarkment.   No charge.   Got our test results in the evening (Saturday).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marymommyof3 said:

I got off the Oasis October 3rd.   Day 2 of the cruise we went to Client Services and made an appt. to have a PCR test done.  

We did it Saturday morning, for a Sunday disembarkment.   No charge.   Got our test results in the evening (Saturday).

1 hour ago, Marymommyof3 said:

Wonderful news!! Thank you so much!

I sent an email  to RC and after a week i did get a response from Gloria stating that they do  the tests on board that will qualify you to board an aircraft to fly to Canada .

But my cruise isnt until next September and i suspect i wont need it by then.

Nice of RC to provide the services to make cruising a little easier.

• Like 3

We just returned from sailing on the Ovation from Seattle.  As was stated earlier we went to Guest Services on the second day to request a PCR test.  A note was left in our stateroom later in the cruise advising of the appointment time.  Results were delivered to our room later that day.  No issues getting back into Canada.  Both the airline and the CBSA officer looked at the test result document.   No charge for the test.

• Like 4