10:30 Miami Flight Home

hollon

19 hours ago, Heymarco said:

If you book now, you pay an “early bird” premium. It would be advised to wait a bit.

What in the world is an “early bird” premium?  Depending on how quickly a flight books up, buying early is sometimes cheaper than waiting and visa versa.  I’ve often saved quite a bit booking earlier.  The earlier you book flights to Europe, the better.

We were also on Symphony returning on the 9th. We used the Royal transportation for an 11:30 flight. We were off at 8:00, don't really remember exactly when we got to AA, but the terminal was INSANE. It took a long time for us to get to the check in area and checked in. The line through TSA was bad. We ended up speaking with a young man who was at the airport 2+ hours early for his flight but TSA was so backed up he missed his flight and was trying to rebook. TSA line was sooo long. We made it with time to spare, to only find we had be delayed (and had a gate change).

On 10/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, hollon said:

Thank you, the airline prices are so expensive for next May and the plane isn't even full at all.  The later I leave the price goes up.

I'm assuming you are basing this statement on the seat map shown, and just be aware that the seat map is not an accurate reflection of availability. Tickets can be booked without seat reservations (meaning more tickets are sold than appears by viewing a seat map), or seats can be set aside without tickets being sold (thus the opposite). 

21 hours ago, Lou33 said:

One thing to consider....The airlines are cancelling or changing many flights right now for a variety of reasons.  If your flight is in May, my guess is that you have a better than 50% chance that they will make some type of schedule change.  

To be fair, booking seven months out in pre-Covid times would also likely result in schedule changes with most airlines. Probably a bit moreso now, but still happened frequently in the before times. 

9 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

What in the world is an “early bird” premium?  Depending on how quickly a flight books up, buying early is sometimes cheaper than waiting and visa versa.  I’ve often saved quite a bit booking earlier.  The earlier you book flights to Europe, the better.

Your first half is absolutely right - sometimes it's cheaper to book early, sometimes late, sometimes in the middle. I dislike and disagree with blanket "booking early is good" or "booking early is bad" statements. But then at the end, your blanket Europe statement is often incorrect - I've booked Europe nine months out, nine weeks out, and even nine hours out. I've never seen a blanket "booking Europe at XXX time is best" trend. 

(Wow, I just used the word "Blanket" a lot and I'm not even talking about Michael Jackson's kid)

12 hours ago, pasodancer said:

Sorry - wasn't looking for shuttles - just Uber or Taxi.  Saw plenty of "MIA Airport Buses" & Private Company Shuttles but really didn't notice any rental car shuttles.

Thank you for your reply, 

I would say yes, but you need to include in your risk calculation the cost of missing your flight. If you are on an airline that makes even same day changes easy and no cost, and they have lots and lots of flights, then I’d definitely do it. On the other hand, if it will cost you to change and the flights to your destination are not plentiful, then I’d be more conservative.

On 10/13/2021 at 11:22 AM, hollon said:

Hello - Is it doable to make a 10:30 am flight home from the miami port?  Can I walk off early w/ my luggage, if so, do they designate a time that I can walk off early?  Thanks

Probably wouldn't book that in a normal world.  Especially not in a Covid world.

21 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

Your first half is absolutely right - sometimes it's cheaper to book early, sometimes late, sometimes in the middle. I dislike and disagree with blanket "booking early is good" or "booking early is bad" statements. But then at the end, your blanket Europe statement is often incorrect - I've booked Europe nine months out, nine weeks out, and even nine hours out. I've never seen a blanket "booking Europe at XXX time is best" trend. 

(Wow, I just used the word "Blanket" a lot and I'm not even talking about Michael Jackson's kid)

Peanuts Linus Security Blanket Face Mask – MaskClub

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dad son team said:

I booked a 10:15am and think I'll be ok.  I can walk off the ship as early as I can, I'm not checking a bag on the flight, and I have TSA Pre-Check.  

Please just let us know how it turned out.  🙂