Tote bags?

jelayne

Packing to head to the Edge this weekend.  Can anyone who has been on the Edge recently tell me whether they are still giving the nice tote bags.  We will be in a Suite and if they are still giving them it’s 1 less thing to park.  If not I’ll  bring one from a past cruise.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were on the Millennium in September on B2B cruises.  We were in the same Suite and received two nice tote bags, plus two of the cheap ones.

We're the nice ones the heavier more or less waterproof sort that zip, and the cheap ones the lightweight blue cloth ones?  I won't pack my heavy ones for beach if those are still being provided.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

We're the nice ones the heavier more or less waterproof sort that zip, and the cheap ones the lightweight blue cloth ones?  I won't pack my heavy ones for beach if those are still being provided.

We were on the Edge in July in a Suite. We were surprised to receive the “cheaper” ones. They were “Kelly Hoppen gray” but were not the nicer heavy duty ones we received on previous cruises.

17 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We were on the Edge in July in a Suite. We were surprised to receive the “cheaper” ones. They were “Kelly Hoppen gray” but were not the nicer heavy duty ones we received on previous cruises.

For you and @jelayne

Which suite category?

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hmm... wonder why the difference?

Will see if we score one in a RS in a couple of weeks, but guess I'll pack ours just in case.

no need.  You will get two nice tote bags.  We must have over 50 at home and dont know what to do with them.  we stopped taking them after the cruise.  Enjoy yourself

Was on the Edge 2 weeks ago.  Stayed in Sky Suite.  Received a large nicely made  Nate Berkus  tote bag upon arrival.  (They do not have a zipper or pocket) and I standard grey smaller tote.  

Edited by Missymo
  • Like 1

Want a nice [secured] tote bag for the beach--- give the  KYSS bag a look.  Comes in three sizes with several colors to choose from and has a chain/lock to secure your possessions.  It does have a cost but, IMHO, worth it.

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hmm... wonder why the difference?

Will see if we score one in a RS in a couple of weeks, but guess I'll pack ours just in case.

We wondered the same thing.

Not sure if our Lady Butler was new to her position and didn’t know, or perhaps the Room Steward made a mistake. I'm sure you will receive the nicer bag in your RS.

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They still have the tote bags.  We generally just leave them in the room as we have a box of them at home. 

We have a collection of the former dark blue heavy duty X tote bags. They’re useful as very nice reusable grocery bags.

Edited by C-Dragons

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

The one I'm thinking of is tan with blue Celebrity X etc on the outside.  It's fairly heavy, pretty much waterproof, and has a zipper across the top.

The bags are the same, but the color has been changed to “Kelly Hoppen gray”, at least on the E-class ships.

@C-Dragons

Hmm... the ones we have include heavy handles and are really designed as beach bags.  Probably at least 18" across and guessing 14 or more inches tall.  If at home, I'd take a photo.  We use them as pool bags at home.  Have had them for years.

Edited by canderson

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

@C-Dragons

Hmm... the ones we have include heavy handles and are really designed as beach bags.  Probably at least 18" across and guessing 14 or more inches tall.  If at home, I'd take a photo.  We use them as pool bags at home.  Have had them for years.

We have two of those also, and have had them for many years. They are definitely beach bags.

EAC966E4-E37C-4923-AB9B-06517416799C.jpeg

Edited by C-Dragons

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

@C-Dragons

We have a couple of the bags you have described...blue fabric with brown leatherette heavy handles and a zip. Great beach bags.

I can confirm that the current "heavy" bags are the same as the photo that C-Dragons posted, above. The external pouch clips inside the big bag, but there's no zip and (rather annoyingly for me) the bag is logo'd with Celebrity Cruises. I liked the anonymity of the older blue bag with the heavy handles.

• Like 1