Is fresh fruit still available on request?

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

We noticed that fresh fruit is meant to be available on request when in mini-suites... is this still available or has it gone due to covid?

Do you also get champagne to welcome you on board?

Sailing next week on Sky from Southampton.

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We noticed that fresh fruit is meant to be available on request when in mini-suites... is this still available or has it gone due to covid?

Do you also get champagne to welcome you on board?

Sailing next week on Sky from Southampton.

We were on Sky 2 weeks ago no champagne to welcome us onboard but our stateroom attendant brought us a glass when we arrived in the cabin...not needed really as we had princess plus. We were in a mini suite but didn't request fruit so don't know if it was available but steward didn't mention it.

Guest Snaxmuppet
23 minutes ago, skynight said:

Fruit delivered on request. Mini suite passengers receive a welcome glass of champagne. Club Class mini suite passengers receive a half bottle of white and half bottle of red wine.  

Sure... thanks... that is what I have seen on the Princess web site... my question though... is it actually available? A lot of little perks like these have been stopped because of covid.

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Sure... thanks... that is what I have seen on the Princess web site... my question though... is it actually available? A lot of little perks like these have been stopped because of covid.

Just go to the buffet and get whatever fresh fruit you want. It is there every morning.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 hours ago, eclue said:

Just go to the buffet and get whatever fresh fruit you want. It is there every morning.

LOL! It is meant to be delivered to the room as a perk of a mini-suite so why would I want to do that 😮 

Want to know can you be specific on what type of fruit they bring.   Could you ask for seedless grapes and oranges and have that delivered?   Seems a waste to have a bowl of fruit delivered with items you don't care for. 

46 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

If fruit is so readily available as is suggested how can it be considered a perk of the mini suite?

Fresh fruit is available to all cabin types upon request.  Years ago there was a card in the staterooms you used to order the fruit. Now you simply call room service and request fruit or as other have mentioned it is always available at the buffet. 

As mentioned Princess use to offer a fruit bowl with every cabin type.   It was usually there when you boarded.   They eventually went to  Upon Request.    Not specific to Mini or full suite.    It is still nice to have the option. 

Guest Snaxmuppet

This is from the PDF on Club Class Mini-Suites...

PLUS all the comforts of our standard Mini-Suites •  Princess Luxury Bed •  Welcome glass of champagne •  Complimentary fresh fruit upon request •  Separate seating area with a sofabed •  Balcony with patio furniture •  Spacious closet •  Two flat-panel televisions •  Private bathroom with combination tub and shower^ •  Massage  showerhead •  100% cotton luxury towels •  Luxurious Jacquard-woven cotton linens •  Plush European style duvets •  Feather and non-allergenic pillows •  Conditioning shampoo, shower gel, lotion •  Satellite TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk •  110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings •  Evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow •  Twice daily housekeeping service

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-eFlyer.pdf

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 minute ago, brisalta said:

It used to be delivered to any state room.

Perhaps it is... many of those so called "perks" are in all cabins... refrigerator, TV, hairdryer, safe etc... so they aren't perks of the mini-suites... just things that are available.

Thanks... I think I have misread the details and I get it now 🙂 

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

This is from the PDF on Club Class Mini-Suites...

PLUS all the comforts of our standard Mini-Suites •  Princess Luxury Bed •  Welcome glass of champagne •  Complimentary fresh fruit upon request •  Separate seating area with a sofabed •  Balcony with patio furniture •  Spacious closet •  Two flat-panel televisions •  Private bathroom with combination tub and shower^ •  Massage  showerhead •  100% cotton luxury towels •  Luxurious Jacquard-woven cotton linens •  Plush European style duvets •  Feather and non-allergenic pillows •  Conditioning shampoo, shower gel, lotion •  Satellite TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk •  110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings •  Evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow •  Twice daily housekeeping service

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-eFlyer.pdf

Items in red are for any cabin (except the balcony furniture is not for oceanview and inside cabins). Chocolate currently discontinued, hopefully just until pandemic is under control.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:46 AM, caribill said:

Items in red are for any cabin (except the balcony furniture is not for oceanview and inside cabins). Chocolate currently discontinued, hopefully just until pandemic is under control.

From https://www.princess.com/come-back-new/top-ten-faq/

"

What Are the Rooms like and How Do I Choose?

All staterooms include 100% cotton, high-thread count linens, a flat-screen TV, a refrigerator, safe and complimentary room service. Plus, the little extras you find in the best hotels — fresh fruit (by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion — are provided in every stateroom. Watch a brief video about our staterooms.

"

Italics added by me for emphasis. Interesting that the chocolates on the pillow have been left in the FAQ. I guess they live in hope...

I can't afford suites but the 1st thing I do when entering my room is:

1. Drop suitcase

2. Order 3 pieces fresh fruit

3a. Unpack

And a new one for me: 

3b. Let muster drill run on TV while unpacking 

4. Exit room & check in (wave) at muster station

5. Off to enjoy ship

Anyway that was the drill in August to be repeated in December 

Edited by Ombud