RCCL cancelling all 2022 cruises to Australia and New Zealand?

Has anyone heard this?  I heard that a cruise blogger reported that Royal had cancelled all their 2022 to Australia/New Zealand and that other cruise lines were going to follow.  I can still access my Oct 2022 reservation, but if I search for the sailing as a new booking, I can't find it. 

Edited by Markanddonna

38 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Has anyone heard this?  

Yes, mentioned in at least two threads already. It doesn’t yet affect your sailing as only the sailings through March 2022 were cancelled. 

Edited by Biker19

I think somebody might be confused.  RCI cancelled the upcoming season through till March 2022 due to the Govt's dithering and not giving them any clue as to when & how they might be able to restart.   I didn't think there was anyway these cruises would go ahead anyway. 

Things are looking a lot better in NSW now and if it was up to them they probably would allow the cruises to go ahead but the cruise ship suspension is up to the Federal Govt and whilst they are pushing for everything to open back up we don't have any international travellers coming in by air yet and I don't think they'll allow cruise ships back for a while.  

I think it's way too early to talk about the next cruise season starting in October 2022.  You would have to think that things will be settled down enough with vaccines etc.. & starting to learn to live with Covid that it should go ahead and hopefully be back to normal.

The website (the AUS one anyway) has been playing up for the last few days and not showing all the cruises that should be available.  I'm not reading too much into it at this stage.  It would be way too early for them to pull the pin on next season now.

I can see my Oct '22 Qu TP online and on my app but can't see my Nov '22 Ov NZ cruise online, only on the app.

Time will tell, but I"m not worried about them being cancelled at this stage.

ETA. to clarify, both cruises are in my RCI account when I log in.

But.. if I go to 'search' for a cruise on the AUS website I can see the TP but can't see any cruises available for Nov' 22 and for other months around it appears not all cruises are loading properly at the moment, I could see it a couple of days ago.  I think it's just the website being dodgy which happens every now and then.

Edited by BecAus
to clarify
  • Like 2

Then what is Ovation going to do after her Alaska season....hang around until RCI decides what to do with this ship.

Send her to San Pedro to do the 7 night Mexican Riviera itinerary...or some round trips to Hawaii would be amazing.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Then what is Ovation going to do after her Alaska season....hang around until RCI decides what to do with this ship.

Send her to San Pedro to do the 7 night Mexican Riviera itinerary...or some round trips to Hawaii would be amazing.

Don't think she has shore power capability and with slow Navigator bookings they are unlikely to fire a shot into Navigator and sink her sales by introducing Ovation in LA.

If they can't sell Navigator why would they put a larger ship there?  If anything it seems Voyager class is too big for the West coast.  Maybe Radiance class in future years would be a better size for San Pedro.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Don't think she has shore power capability and with slow Navigator bookings they are unlikely to fire a shot into Navigator and sink her sales by introducing Ovation in LA.

If they can't sell Navigator why would they put a larger ship there?  If anything it seems Voyager class is too big for the West coast.  Maybe Radiance class in future years would be a better size for San Pedro.  

Really...The 7 night itineraries seem to be selling very well.

• Like 1

Send Ovation across to do a Dubai season - if MSC can justify a ship the size of Virtusoa in Dubai surely Royal can make a success of a ship there - and Ovation is free for the next few months.

I'd book it tomorrow if it were available - we were on one of the last Jewel sailings from Dubai before cocid struck and it was an amazing cruise - would love to repeat it.

Edited by Trixie21
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Has anyone heard this?  I heard that a cruise blogger reported that Royal had cancelled all their 2022 to Australia/New Zealand and that other cruise lines were going to follow.  

If it was Don, he is a nice guy, but has started dramatizing everything and clickbaiting the titles of his videos. I stopped following him for that reason. So many YouTubers are headed that way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barbeyg said:

If it was Don, he is a nice guy, but has started dramatizing everything and clickbaiting the titles of his videos. I stopped following him for that reason. So many YouTubers are headed that way. 

The CC person who posted this didn't name their source. I suppose time will tell.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, twangster said:

Out of curiosity, how do we know those sailings aren't selling well?

I don't know.  I just looked at CP for the beginning of Dec which is a very slow time regardless, Navigator is certainly  not the cheapest.

image.thumb.png.36a8c4676ce1489ff1651805a49d40ee.png

image.thumb.png.e3a735855a6f564d390de87e22e6c60b.png

image.thumb.png.4661d583be9a8dfafcd5a7193d1e5109.png

image.thumb.png.396c484c731c5046112ee2496e3766e7.png

At least at this time of the year, Navigator is one the higher priced per day short cruises.  I think Adventure has some of the most bargain basement prices.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whitshel said:

At least at this time of the year, Navigator is one the higher priced per day short cruises. 

If comparing insides, they are about the same as the other really cheap ones at $50-70/day. 

Biker, who foresees the possible return of the $99 fare.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:41 PM, Markanddonna said:

Has anyone heard this?  I heard that a cruise blogger reported that Royal had cancelled all their 2022 to Australia/New Zealand and that other cruise lines were going to follow.  I can still access my Oct 2022 reservation, but if I search for the sailing as a new booking, I can't find it. 

Actually, Australia/New Zealand canceled all cruises and travel to their country, and RCCL is just following their laws.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, Ashland said:

@wolfcathorse was on Ovation last week and reported that Ovation is going into some kind of lay up (she had an official word for it) and the crew is being sent home for two months.    As of now, Ovation is still docked at Pier 91 in Seattle.