Cruiselines accepting mixed AZ/mRNA vaccines out of the US

tert333

Here is what Azamara says:

• Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

Following CDC guidelines, Azamara will consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines. Guests can have mixed doses that include AstraZeneca as long as the AstraZeneca dose is administered first, and then either the Pfizer or Moderna dose within 8-12 weeks. No other mixed vaccine doses will be accepted.

NOTICE HOW THEY SAY THE PFIZER/MODERNA DOSE MUST BE WITHIN 8-12 WEEKS OF THE AZ VACCINE. THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE IN CANADA THAT MAY BE BEYOND THAT 12 WEEK WINDOW...

5 hours ago, K_e_short said:

So now we are just waiting on Carnival.

They seem pretty slow, with everything. Or not very useful with things.

Carnival has now joined the ranks:

Update: Effective with sailings as of 10/24/21, guests will be considered fully vaccinated who have received their final dose of an authorized/approved COVID-19 vaccine, or any combination of two doses of an authorized/approved vaccine, i.e., AstraZeneca (1 dose) + Pfizer (1 dose) or Moderna (1 dose) at least 14 days before the sailing date. Acceptable vaccines are those that have been approved/authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or have emergency-use listing by the World Health Organization (WHO).

Still waiting on NCL and Disney (not to mention MSC but I believe they have been even stricter??)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, broberts said:

For once the CDC wording was extremely clear. I don't understand why the cruise line lawyers wouldn't just quote the CDC. Instead they have to inaccurately reword things to the point of obfuscation. ☹️

LOL, I couldn't agree more. I thought that Celebrity was bad, but some of the others are even worse.

10 hours ago, K_e_short said:

So now we are just waiting on Carnival.

They seem pretty slow, with everything. Or not very useful with things.

Ask and ye shall recieve

Update: Effective with sailings as of 10/24/21, guests will be considered fully vaccinated who have received their final dose of an authorized/approved COVID-19 vaccine, or any combination of two doses of an authorized/approved vaccine, i.e., AstraZeneca (1 dose) + Pfizer (1 dose) or Moderna (1 dose) at least 14 days before the sailing date. Acceptable vaccines are those that have been approved/authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or have emergency-use listing by the World Health Organization (WHO).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Ask and ye shall recieve

Although just like Celebrity it was announced on John Heald's facebook page first.

But yes that makes me happy. 

NCL is updated as well 🙂  

What vaccines will be accepted?

For All Norwegian Cruise Line Ships:

• i.e. J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford(Vaxzevria & CoviShield), etc.
    • A mixed vaccination combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO Emergency Use Listed (EUL) COVID-19 two-dose series with a minimum interval of 17 days.
  • Note: Individuals receiving a Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.
  • Current Unauthorized Vaccines: Sputnik V, COVAXIN, Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero-Cell), Novavax, Covovax.

Vaccines received via clinical trials will not be accepted as they do not specify vaccine received.

To be fully vaccinated means to complete the full brand vaccination protocol of one brand of vaccine OR two doses of a mixed vaccination combination, and therefore a single shot of AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sinopharm or Sinovac after COVID-19 recovery is NOT considered being  fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 7:15 AM, MamatoJack said:

NCL is updated as well 🙂  

What vaccines will be accepted?

For All Norwegian Cruise Line Ships:

• i.e. J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford(Vaxzevria & CoviShield), etc.
    • A mixed vaccination combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO Emergency Use Listed (EUL) COVID-19 two-dose series with a minimum interval of 17 days.
  • Note: Individuals receiving a Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.
  • Current Unauthorized Vaccines: Sputnik V, COVAXIN, Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero-Cell), Novavax, Covovax.

Vaccines received via clinical trials will not be accepted as they do not specify vaccine received.

To be fully vaccinated means to complete the full brand vaccination protocol of one brand of vaccine OR two doses of a mixed vaccination combination, and therefore a single shot of AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sinopharm or Sinovac after COVID-19 recovery is NOT considered being  fully vaccinated.

That’s great news. MSC has also changed it’s protocols and have dropped the mandatory COVID insurance stipulation. I’m not sure if they have approving mixed vaccines or not but I’m sure they will eventually.