Is Luminae too "Foodie" for a Meat & Potato Man?

TX-Cruiser

10 hours ago, LisaDee said:

Are the "always available" items cooked in the Luminae kitchen (E-class)?

I think it would be a mixed bag. Steak, chicken and salmon cooked in Luminae. French onion soup, escargot and crème brulee made in the MDR kitchen. Then brought up before dinner. The shrimp cocktail is already being served at lunch time at The Retreat Pool Bar. Caesar salad I think The Retreat Pool Bar also a Caesar salad wrap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If you are in a suite on APEX, you can dine in Luminae, Blu (if not crowded), 4 MDR choices, and any number of Specialty restaurants.  Oceanview Cafe.  And Room Service too.  You are not locked into Luminae.  Go eat anything you want anywhere on the ship.  

Specialty restaurants on Apex are free for Sky suite guests? That is a first on Celebrity !!!

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If you are in a suite on APEX, you can dine in Luminae, Blu (if not crowded), 4 MDR choices, and any number of Specialty restaurants.  Oceanview Cafe.  And Room Service too.  You are not locked into Luminae.  Go eat anything you want anywhere on the ship.  

Duplicate

Edited by TommyD3

20 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Also one might want to 'check out' the barbecue at the Roof Top Garden Restaurant (RTG). I understand Texas is famous for their barbecues and was curious what a "meat and potatoes" guy from Texas might post back here on CC his 'impression' of Celebrity's attempt at barbecue? Also please try the LAST night in the cruise the grilled chocolate chip cookie offered only at this RTG. It must be the last night  in the cruise and it must be a la mode (do not try to save calories sans ice cream), because it took me exactly 24 hours to regain my dessert disposition from the sugar shock. I missed out on 24 hours of pastries and desserts. Fair warning ( in a good sense).

The man loves a good piece of barbecue so we will be sure to try it and report back. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Specialty restaurants on Apex are free for Sky suite guests? That is a first on Celebrity !!!

Where did I say that in my post??  I did not say free.  I just mentioned as an option instead of Luminae.  But certain Premium suites (not Sky) do have specialty restaurants included.

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 12:01 PM, TX-Cruiser said:

We are sailing next week on Apex and my hubby just caught wind of the menus on the X app for Luminae. Do they offer any meat and potato type alternatives for the manly man carnivores of the world? 

Luminea is great for whatever you want. Here's the filet I enjoyed.

IMG_8241.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 12:01 PM, TX-Cruiser said:

We are sailing next week on Apex and my hubby just caught wind of the menus on the X app for Luminae. Do they offer any meat and potato type alternatives for the manly man carnivores of the world? 

Edited by molemaui
duplicate post

On 10/19/2021 at 9:03 AM, TX-Cruiser said:

At 63 they are as broad as they are going to get. He's a great man with a major love for life, travel and me :). The least I can do is make sure is well fed and happy. 

I’m 58, still finding new food I like…

Happy Cruising.l

• Like 1

Hello fellow Texan.  We are pretty much meat and potato people also.  But we always found something on the Luminae menu.  I think we asked to see the main dining room menu twice on our last cruise.  We really liked dining in Luminae.  

On 10/19/2021 at 7:32 PM, micruiser2002 said:

Has anyone been on Summit lately that knows if we can order from the main dining room menu in Luminae?

I was on the 2/29/20 Summit sailing and you most definitely could order MDR in Luminae at that time.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I am going to be in a Suite for the first time on the Summit in 23 days and I really had no idea what to expect with Luminae. Even though I am definitely not a "steak and potatoes" kind of gal, there has been a lot of info posted here that I found helpful. Especially the notion of being able to order from the MDR menu in Luminae and being able to go to Blu instead, if it is not full.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 6:32 PM, micruiser2002 said:

Has anyone been on Summit lately that knows if we can order from the main dining room menu in Luminae?

Yes, indeed. I was on Summit a few weeks a couple months before that. They will bring you menus from MDR or Blu upon request, and that includes dessert, or you can just order something that you know is there (like the escargot).

One of my dining companions also would ask for some modifications. He's also a "meat and potatoes" fellow and would ask that they just strip down his entrées to the meat and bring him some mashed potatoes. They did, and they did so with a smile. I have a son who, had he been on board, would've done the same! 

• Like 1