New American Express Offer

4_THE_HALIBUT

2 minutes ago, knicks05 said:

I have an outstanding balance right now of more than $500 if I use my Amex can I still redeem the offer? I booked my cruise last week. 

You need to add the offer first (needs to be the $150/$500 offer unless you have $1500 still outstanding) and then pay. In the past when paying for cruises and/or pre-paid grats it had always worked even if already booked. Unfortunately fun shop, gift cards, etc. will not as they are charged differently. Unfortunately I just paid for all 3 of my cruises a couple week ago as final payment was due 😞 

38 minutes ago, GeoHack said:

You need to add the offer first (needs to be the $150/$500 offer unless you have $1500 still outstanding) and then pay. In the past when paying for cruises and/or pre-paid grats it had always worked even if already booked. Unfortunately fun shop, gift cards, etc. will not as they are charged differently. Unfortunately I just paid for all 3 of my cruises a couple week ago as final payment was due 😞 

Sorry to hear you paid it last week. I added the offer and upgraded to balcony to have my remaining balance over $500. I hope it works for me even though I already booked. How long does it usually take to credit?

15 hours ago, knicks05 said:

Sorry to hear you paid it last week. I added the offer and upgraded to balcony to have my remaining balance over $500. I hope it works for me even though I already booked. How long does it usually take to credit?

Minutes...check your email

On 10/19/2021 at 4:30 PM, knicks05 said:

I have an outstanding balance right now of more than $500 if I use my Amex can I still redeem the offer? I booked my cruise last week. 

Yes paying for cruise or pre-paid grats will work even for existing booking. I was nervous because my charge changed from RSVR to LINEMIAMI but saw the following this morning in "Activity":

-$150.00

Will appear as a credit on your Nov 8 statement as CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI

1 hour ago, GeoHack said:

Yes paying for cruise or pre-paid grats will work even for existing booking. I was nervous because my charge changed from RSVR to LINEMIAMI but saw the following this morning in "Activity":

-$150.00

Will appear as a credit on your Nov 8 statement as CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI

My charge for carnival just posted. I got the email for the credit right after I made the charge. I’m just waiting for the credit to be applied. 

• 2 weeks later...

My Amex offer is "Spend $1,500 or more, get $400 back" at Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, Cunard between 10/18/21 and 12/31/21.  Last week I booked a few Carnival excursions that totaled more than $1,500.  My statement shows the charge as CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL.  Almost always with Amex offers, I'll immediately get a "Great news! You used your Amex Offer" e-mail.  However, for this charge, I didn't and no credit has appeared on my statement.  I've seen conflicting information in the forums about using Amex offers for excursions.  Has anybody had any luck with these recent offers and excursions?  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

booo

Silversea, Celebrity, Regent, Oceania - no Carnival here.

I know, I have Celebrity, Oceania, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean, but no Carnival.  I did save $550 on $1,500 on Royal last week.  And I followed someone’s advice (thank you, someone whose username I have forgotten) to use the $50 off $200 Best Buy offer to purchase Amazon gift cards and use those for Carnival gift cards.  

1 hour ago, pkster said:

My Amex offer is "Spend $1,500 or more, get $400 back" at Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, Cunard between 10/18/21 and 12/31/21.  Last week I booked a few Carnival excursions that totaled more than $1,500.  My statement shows the charge as CARNIVAL CRUISE LINEMIAMI FL.  Almost always with Amex offers, I'll immediately get a "Great news! You used your Amex Offer" e-mail.  However, for this charge, I didn't and no credit has appeared on my statement.  I've seen conflicting information in the forums about using Amex offers for excursions.  Has anybody had any luck with these recent offers and excursions?  Thanks.

Not for excursions or Fun Ship purchases.  

On 10/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, GeoHack said:

There is also a carnival spend $500 get $150. 3 accounts got the $1500 and 2 accounts got the $500 offer. Already pre-paid grats to get $150. Unfortunately all 3 cruises had been paid for but I purposely waited to pre-pay grats knowing they would qualify.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR

REDEEMED

10/18/2021

You saved $150.00

I just ordered the drink  package on line. I wonder if the $150 will work with that? 

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It the charge comes from carnival cruise lines, not sure they can tell the difference.

If the charge comes from Carnival cruise Line, it works.  It does not work if it comes from just "The Fun Shop".  My last excursions were charges under Carnival Cruise Line