The Elation Live Review that Nearly No One Asked For…10/21-10/25

itskristene

Hello everyone! Never done a review before, let alone a live review, but I saw some people curious about how Elation was coming off her startup this month, so I thought I would give it a go. 

Planning:

I got one of those $25 offers about a month ago. Husband didn’t really want to go, but I needed a break from work and so I’m cruising solo for the first time. Our last cruise was in 2018, we had a couple planned for 2020 but they fell through (not just because of Covid), so I’m really looking forward to this. 

The extent of my planning has been I bought cheers already, which I’ve never done because husband is not a drinker, and I bought an internet package because there is a possibility I’ll need to finish up some grad school homework while cruising. 

No excursions either - not planning on leaving the ship in Nassau and might get off in Princess Cays or just may stay on who knows. 

Having never been on one of the older ships I’m very interested to see what kind of shape it is in. Also very grateful that it looks like they added alchemy recently 😄 So expect to see ship pictures, food pictures, and drink pictures coming on Thursday. 

Covid Testing

The anxiety is real! Haven’t started packing yet because I didn’t want to jinx it. But I’m in the clear now. 

Given some of the experiences on the board, I made several back up plans. 

1) first plan was to go to the county testing center

2) back up plan was my university testing center (grad school perks)

3) back up-back up was a CVS appointment I made for after work today 

I have a very long day of work tomorrow, so I needed test done and results in hand today no matter what. It would be impossible for me to go tomorrow. 

Luckily, CVS ended up texting me at 10:00 saying I could come in anytime that day instead of waiting. I decided to go ahead and do that during lunch. It was very easy and I didn’t need to wait at all. They said results in an hour, and it was exactly an hour later that the results came in. 

D679AADE-E3A2-4D0E-BDED-BBFA11365253.thumb.jpeg.dff210b5d361f9bb7c01e0d6c49e465f.jpeg

One more long day of work tomorrow, then packing my bag, and then I’ll be driving to Port Canaveral on Thursday morning (living in central Florida perks). 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Thank you for doing a review! We’re on in Jan. How did they work your solo rate on this cruise? Or, are you not solo? We got a call from our PVP for some of these $25 rates, in Oct., and weren’t free to take but one.

It was the regular solo rate for me. My room cost was $30 for an ocean view, so it ended up being $60. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ober134 said:

I will be following along. We last sailed Elation in 2012 out of NOLA, and I thought she was a lovely ship. I'm a big fan of the Fantasy class and sad to see them being put out of service. 

We did the Elation out of Mobile around then :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itskristene said:

Okay so I think I am packed. I’m sure that I will remember something in about 10 minutes that did not make it in the bag. 

I'll be following along! I forgot my own plastic straws, so pack your own if you like straws but hate the sugar straws Carnival uses. They didn't have any paper straws on Freedom. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, natefish95 said:

I'll be following along! I forgot my own plastic straws, so pack your own if you like straws but hate the sugar straws Carnival uses. They didn't have any paper straws on Freedom. 

OMG thank you! I forgot to pack my reusable straws!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay time for catch up! Was up early this morning because I forgot to turn off one of my alarms (are you sending a theme? Neurotic yet forgetful 😵💫

But then everything this morning before driving to the port took longer than expected and I ended up being 13 minutes late for my arriva appt. 

For example Starbucks line took forever. 

1EC372D1-6504-4FA5-9509-0BB3387D96EB.thumb.jpeg.795dc47340f649c364a1f247520fddf7.jpeg

Then in a planning failure uncharacteristic of me, I underestimated the time to drive to the port. 

Arrival appt was for 10:30-11:00, I got to the porters at 11:05, parked my car, and then walked to the check in line at 11:13. 

They did not care I was late, and shuttled me right through. After two document checks and meta detector, I was directed to get on the boat. Never sat down and I was waking on the gangway at 11:23. 

• Like 5