Princess Cruises Breakfast in the Dining Room

Trish123456789

DH and I usually have breakfast in the dining room. Besides being waited on, and having some one else do the cooking, we enjoy meeting new people.  I have fond memories of meeting a Danish teacher, very experienced husband and wife sea divers, and a retired scientist from Los Alamos. The best breakfast was with an absolutely lovely couple from Great Britain. They tried to explain Brexit to us and we tried to explain Obamacare to them. Travel Safe everyone!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phonejock said:

DH and I usually have breakfast in the dining room. Besides being waited on, and having some one else do the cooking, we enjoy meeting new people.  

The funniest situation I ever encountered was an elderly gentleman at a shared table for eight.  He had cereal but there were only two small jugs of milk.  The teas/coffees had just arrived and he emptied the first jug onto his cereal while talking to himself about there not being much milk in the jug and was it enough?  No, there wasn't and everyone is looking at him.  Then he sees the other jug and starts pouring that out and empties it saying that it was lucky there was just enough for his cereal.  Everyone is totally irritated except me who though it was hilarious especially when the waiter seemed not to appear for ages.

Regards John

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

The one 'downside' for us of dining room breakfast is that on the ships we have been on, they push you to share a table. I'm not ready to be that sociable in the morning. I'd prefer to just sit with my traveling party. 😉

They always ask us "Share or No"  Agree with you and we say NO

• Like 2

Oddly, I love sitting at large tables every meal. I am more than a little curmudgeonly at home, but when traveling, seems I am interested in every new person I meet. I am, of course, smarter than God, and I guess proving that to poor travelers is entertainment for me .......... *ahem*

Looking forward to enlightening YOU, too.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, john watson said:

The funniest situation I ever encountered was an elderly gentleman at a shared table for eight.  He had cereal but there were only two small jugs of milk.  The teas/coffees had just arrived and he emptied the first jug onto his cereal while talking to himself about there not being much milk in the jug and was it enough?  No, there wasn't and everyone is looking at him.  Then he sees the other jug and starts pouring that out and empties it saying that it was lucky there was just enough for his cereal.  Everyone is totally irritated except me who though it was hilarious especially when the waiter seemed not to appear for ages.

Regards John

In my experience, when one orders cereal, there is usually a carton of milk brought with it.

16 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

The one 'downside' for us of dining room breakfast is that on the ships we have been on, they push you to share a table. I'm not ready to be that sociable in the morning. I'd prefer to just sit with my traveling party. 😉

We always say "no sharing." Never have had to wait. 

On our last Princess cruise we were in Club Class.  Just a few guests would show up for breakfast.  We were seated at the same window table and were served by our favorite waiter every morning.  It was a delightful way to start the day.