Called Celebrity this morning and my wait time was…….

Lady Arwen

On 10/28/2021 at 2:46 PM, hawkesbaynz said:

I find it very dispiriting dealing with Celebrity. It has made me consider trying other lines. 

Waited a short time to book a B2B Alaska & Pacific in 2023 on Saturday. English guy quoted me the price I calculated with my 10% military discount and we discussed by OBC as i had a deposit which I booked onboard Silhouette in September. Low and behold they were not included - the OBC or the 10% discount. 

Called today as day off and waited 45 minutes to be be cut off 5 minutes into chat with an off-shore Celebrity Rep. Second off-shore rep really could not understand me, or why I was perturbed about not getting the discount and OBC. She could not recalculate. She told me that the original guy would call me back and refused my enquiry to speak to a supervisor. Yeh! I have had many a Celebrity rep plan to phone me back..... Typically if he does call I will be out with the dog/driving/at work. Really annoying.

I think part of Xs problem is allowing people to recalculate prices numerous times. Thus many extra calls. 

Well sounds like you booked a cruise, but maybe next time you should look around.  I'm not trying to be funny, or rude, but if more people shopped around, maybe Celebrity would fix those things that people complain about?

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Well sounds like you booked a cruise, but maybe next time you should look around.  I'm not trying to be funny, or rude, but if more people shopped around, maybe Celebrity would fix those things that people complain about?

Understand what you are saying but this kinda falls in the "cutting off your nose to save your face" thing.  The onboard experience is almost always absolutely fabulous.  Would hate to have to switch lines because of their poor customer service pre-boarding.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Understand what you are saying but this kinda falls in the "cutting off your nose to save your face" thing.  The onboard experience is almost always absolutely fabulous.  Would hate to have to switch lines because of their poor customer service pre-boarding.

Well I should remind myself that here we are on Cruise CRITIC as I've pointed out to others.  I hear people complain about this or that but they stay with Celebrity even when they don't seem happy about it.

I was on hold for two hours and eleven minutes before I got through only to find out since my TA put me in their group, the rep couldn’t help me.  So frustrating.  That wait was my third call.  The first 2 although easier to connect got me no where also.

I have had extremely long waits when calling in the afternoon EST. The last couple of times I have called Sunday evening and someone picked up right after the initial pre-recorded spiel! I had expected a long wait during which I could collect my thoughts as to why I was calling. I was caught so off guard I almost didn’t even know what to say… lol Got what I needed done. So Sunday evenings, for me, have been a good time to call!

Edited by SeasideMemories

1 hour ago, ckgator said:

I was on hold for two hours and eleven minutes before I got through only to find out since my TA put me in their group, the rep couldn’t help me.  So frustrating.  That wait was my third call.  The first 2 although easier to connect got me no where also.

Why aren't you talking to your travel agent?  What am I missing?

Unfortunately, I booked with a large well known and popular travel company that gave me a terrific rate, had the class category available in their block of rooms, and lots of perks.  This was the first of two bookings that we made with them because Celebrity said they did not have Aqua available.  This company doesn’t take customer service calls.  It all works by email and takes 3-5 days for a response and lots of run around.  We learned our lesson.  On a separate note, I finally got a call back from a supervisor that said it does take over 2 hours lately.  Those customers that not only get through easily and get their issue resolved in one call, are LUCKY.

I have had to call Celebrity 3 times to discuss an issue.  The first time took 45 minutes, the second was 3 minutes and the last time someone picked up immediately.  This was all in one day.  All of the calls were routed to Jamaica.  Each time, the agent had to put me on hold and check with a supervisor and these were routine matters in my opinion.

On the phone, mostly on hold, for at least an hour and a half yesterday.  Yes, it was late afternoon.

I wasn't able to check in on my computer because it kept saying my captain's # was wrong (it wasn't), even though it was pre-entered by Celebrity.

After much waiting and being shunted around from department to department. they said it was because my husband (I wasn't even working on his check in) didn't have an email.  He needed his own email.

He doesn't have an email address and has never had one and has never emailed.  And they are sending him stuff on our shared email!!!  Total frustration!

They also kept asking if I was filling out the forms on their app, so...

I finally downloaded the Celebrity app on my phone and completed the check in on that.

I also think the requirement to upload photos is ridiculous!  

14 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

Currently on hold for 45 mins now trying to get FCC applied. This is totally unacceptable. We have sailed X 45 times and had three sailing thus far this year and two more booked for 2021. Not happy!

Now one hour one hold.

5 minutes ago, irishayes said:

One hour, 50 minutes so far and still holding.  In about to hang up, but just know I'd be the next in line!  Anyone have concerns with how the service is going to be on board, if their customer service on the phone is this awful?

If you have read threads on here recently, you will find that folks who have been cruising find the on board experience to  be a very high level of service.  Not sure if you are calling from a land line or a cell, but if a cell, just put the speaker on and go about doing what you need, when you hear the rep come on, grab the call.  Good luck!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, irishayes said:

One hour, 50 minutes so far and still holding.  In about to hang up, but just know I'd be the next in line!  Anyone have concerns with how the service is going to be on board, if their customer service on the phone is this awful?

They need a call back option.

Service on board is totally different.  But use your own judgment. 

Called last night at 11:45 EDT just to get a pdf invoice for my online booking yesterday morning (the automated request prompt now takes you back to waiting for an agent). Takes 2.5 minutes before you get to "Press 1 to speak to an agent." Twice had it cut me off after a ring followed by 3 mins of silence. Fourth time, got connected.

It then took 11 more mins for the rep to send me one. She went through our names, ship name, date of our sailing (all of which I just said to her), the cabin number and location, and even all 4 islands we are going to. She asked about flights, asked about vax (for cruise next October), reviewed the health/safety protocols, and talked about how we would accomplish the muster drill. She told me that in August, when check-in starts, we could select an arrival time and told me about documentation of the vaccine.

All this time, she ignored my statements about knowing all these things and disregarded my attempts to just have her send a pdf. Then finally she restated what I was requesting and sent it. AND...the entire conversation was barraged by static and feedback where all the superfluous things she was saying was echoed about half a second later.

Yes, whoever pointed out they could free up the agents by not doing all that -- er, stuff -- was absolutely correct!

Edited by mayleeman