How fast does FCC come through

sunsetme

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

From my experience at the height of the shutdown,  2 weeks to 5 months.    I'm sure things are faster now.

I hope shorter than 5 months but have been told 90 days.  And NO, they are not faster now, which is hard to understand but they have probably had quite a few resign...as most companies have.  

Celebrity canceled our April 2021 cruise on 1/12/21.  We got one of our FCC certificates on 10/5 and are still waiting for the certificate for DW. Full disclosure it was a bit complicated because we used a FCC from a prior cruise for final payment on the April '21 cruise and then we "re-used" some of the original cruise FCC to pay for a May 2021 cruise which was also canceled by Celebrity.  So quite an unusual situation they had to work through. We are both still waiting for the FCC from the May cruise. My TA has talked to Celebrity several times and we are assured that they have worked out all the numbers and not to worry.  We love Celebrity and I bought stock in RCL because of prior cruises.  But it does seem a long time to wait, and wait and wait.

We are booked on a 12 Day cruise in April 2022 so it needs to all be worked out before final payment date.  The good news is we were able to upgrade to a Suite using the FCC bonuses we got and that will be a special treat for us.

3 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

Is it an actual certificate or just reflected somewhere in your celebrity account??

For us, each one has been an email with e certificate number and the amount shown.  The first pair we used I was able to apply on the Celebrity website to our next cruise.  When that cruise was canceled, our TA worked with Celebrity to re-apply a portion of the original FCC's to the next cruise.  Our TA did say that unless we are applying the FCC's ourselves, the certificate numbers are not critical.  She said that as long as the credits show in the "system" against our original booking numbers, Celebrity could apply the credits.  I feel better seeing the numbers in writing however.

17 hours ago, sunsetme said:

Is it an actual certificate or just reflected somewhere in your celebrity account??

We received an email (one for each of us) with a pdf certificate showing 3 FCC's and Certification number for each credit.     Earlier cancelled cruises we got on certificate each for each cancelled cruise. 

Ours were so screwed up I eventually had to contact the executive offices and they assigned a person to help out.    All was resolved in less than a week. 

Celebrity cancelled our cruise in June and still no FCC.  I have called and emailed as has my TA. Nothing. The cruise was supposed to leave tomorrow. Maybe now they will process it.

Have another two cruises that was cancelled last month. I am not holding my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok to be fair, since I fussed about it earlier in the thread...I received my FCC's today for a cruise I canceled on 7/23. Quick look at the calendar adds up to about 15 weeks.

Still waiting for a statement credit from Flights by Celebrity for canceled flights from the same time period. 

28 minutes ago, chuckroast1 said:

Ok to be fair, since I fussed about it earlier in the thread...I received my FCC's today for a cruise I canceled on 7/23. Quick look at the calendar adds up to about 15 weeks.

Still waiting for a statement credit from Flights by Celebrity for canceled flights from the same time period. 

Hope you're feeling better!