Where is the anthem?

maggieq

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

She's still sailing out of the UK till the end of the month.

Monday is the final sailing from the UK (5 night) - PCR tests allowing we'll be on her. I believe she's leaving Suthampton on the 30th for the non revenue TA.

So! Anthem of the Seas is now on the final leg of her last UK voyage of the season and is headed for Southampton, scheduled to arrive there on Saturday. 

Any word on what date we can expect her to sail under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge for the first time since cruises re-started? Want to watch her come in on the NY Harbor Webcam. 

38 Days and Counting! 🥰

8 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Thanks, 👍 but I already have the ship schedule off of RCI’s website and it’s just as or more accurate than any cruise calendar site. And I’ve been watching her for weeks on Marine Traffic. 

What I was looking for is the actual (day) morning she will first arrive back in the states and sail into NY harbor. She’ll of course have some sort of CDC stuff to go through, which has already pushed back her first cruise by one day.

But since I’m up already at 430am, wanted to see her first arrival back here. It’s a ship-spotting thing. 😉

😁

Edited by matt1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Her first sailing is Nov. 8. I'll be back on her Jan 9! Can't wait!

My first time back on Royal Caribbean since 2012, and the first time on this class of ship. I’ve been studying the deck plans so hard I think I have them memorized. 🤣

6 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

She's due in Bayonne on November 7th. Scheduled to sail November 8th.   Does she need to do a simulation cruise?

nothing has been said, but the Nov. 8th cruise appears like it's a go. Would look really bad on RCCL to cancel a cruise a week away.

5 hours ago, matt1 said:

I’ve been studying the deck plans so hard I think I have them memorized. 🤣

I’m the same! By the time I actually go, I’ve looked at them so often I’m sure I could probably draw them from memory lol. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

According to the port schedule, the Anthem will be in Port Canaveral on Tuesday , Nov. 2nd.

That is out of date. 

Plus, it's not possible to get from Southampton to Pt. Canaveral in 3 days ... unless there is a VERY large transport jet that I'm not aware of.  😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Does she still need to do simulation cruise per cdc rules?  If so, when?

Obviously not with her sailing the day after arrival. Both her and Harmony must have some special dispensation to avoid needing one.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Could cdc have done it on a Southampton cruise? 

Neither Anthem nor Harmony had any breaks in their schedule since the restart for that and I don't see how they could have done it in Europe. I believe the "revised" CDC CSO starting tomorrow does have a way to satisfy the simulation without actually doing a simulation cruise. Neither ship is on the CDC web site yet.

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Neither Anthem nor Harmony had any breaks in their schedule since the restart for that and I don't see how they could have done it in Europe. I believe the "revised" CDC CSO starting tomorrow does have a way to satisfy the simulation without actually doing a simulation cruise. Neither ship is on the CDC web site yet.

Agree, just strange.   We were supposed to be on Anthem’s October 20th TA that was to have arrived in Cape Liberty yesterday.   I had hoped to sail and that they would just extend the cruise to arrive after November 1st.  Oh well, just another cancelled cruise.