ANOTHER (just what you wanted) Mardi Gras LIVE 11/06-11/13

MeganGC1983

Love love love this thread… lots of pictures and just the right amount of funny details… learning lots as we will be a first time Carnival cruiser on the Mardi Gras for Christmas and it seems like there are lots of things to experience… please keep sharing!  I am hungry just looking at those big chicken pictures 🍗 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We are NOT doing this. Come on ppl. Notes from Stewart. 

881E4B11-F0A5-4E3C-882A-D4701CC7C825.jpeg

We were on last week. You are having hotter and sunnier weather. While walking back from Costa Maya we saw and smelled a guy smoking pot on his cove balcony! Also looks like you have more people on your cruise. Thanks for the photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We took the Groove for St. Jude shirts back to the cabin. Stewart had been and we have goodies from our dining team from last night. The dining staff at the Palms have been amazing. On our last cruise, we actually quit going to the dining room because the service was awful. 2.5 hours… wrong orders, crazy wait time for a table, etc. This cruise has been completely opposite. However tonight, we are going to Rudi’s Sea grill. 

067EAFC6-23C1-4BF6-A45C-FF4315749979.jpeg

9F4F38B4-92A5-4904-99EA-27C3267BCAB4.jpeg

DF5CFA00-D91A-4A39-BC6C-BC5B57A04CE8.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Love love love this thread… lots of pictures and just the right amount of funny details… learning lots as we will be a first time Carnival cruiser on the Mardi Gras for Christmas and it seems like there are lots of things to experience… please keep sharing!  I am hungry just looking at those big chicken pictures 🍗 

BLUE CARD ALERT 🚨

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

BLUE CARD ALERT 🚨

Hahahahahha … we are going to need all the insights we can get especially for a holiday cruise on a new ship new cruise line… we are seasoned NCL / Celebrity cruisers so definitely looking forward to the experience.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Street eats time! 4 cheese fries and the Shanghai dumpling. Dumpling, YAY! Fries, nay! 

B315DEA2-6493-40D8-BE82-6DC78D8FB14A.jpeg

Those aren’t the four cheese fries. Those are one cheese fries. Where’s the cheese?

These are the four cheese fries.

9DD5C891-38CD-4A1A-BB97-84A58CB43FE8.jpeg

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, lilchuckie said:

great review, impressive alcohol consumption levels but I don't know how you go from liquor to wine/champagne though. I'd be feeding the fishes.

Lots of practice. I also “go sober” 2 weeks pre-cruise, usually. I think this one was 10 days. Liquid IV does help. Also, I really do work out meticulously. I don’t care if I’ve have 1 drink or 15 drinks plus shots… if I’m supposed to run, I get up and run. The schedule and regime is just my life. The details are what make everything fun. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Lots of practice. I also “go sober” 2 weeks pre-cruise, usually. I think this one was 10 days. Liquid IV does help. Also, I really do work out meticulously. I don’t care if I’ve have 1 drink or 15 drinks plus shots… if I’m supposed to run, I get up and run. The schedule and regime is just my life. The details are what make everything fun. 

What is this "Liquid IV" you talk about?

9 minutes ago, canes20 said:

What is this "Liquid IV" you talk about?

It’s a powder you can get online or in retailers. You put it in a bottle of water and it turns that 1 bottle of water into 2 or 3 waters. It’s a hydration system. I feel like it definitely helps with hangovers and over health. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, khewston said:

Thank you so much for this live review!  I am loving every post!  We will be on the Mardi Gras Christmas cruise.

We will also be on the Christmas 🎄 cruise as well… blue card alert 🚨 😆 and looking forward  to the Carnival experience… the food pictures in this thread are  amazing!!!! 

• Like 3