Carnival Legend Itinerary change

hayboy

They may offer some OBC and possibly a future cruise credit or give passengers the option to cancel without penalty. I'm disappointed that we found out by looking at our planner and not from an email from Carnival. (Our Bermuda itinerary was changed to a Bahamas itinerary, for others following along.)

• Like 1

Unfortunately this was too be expected with the strict requirements Bermuda currently has with cruises. For the 3 cruises that did went to Bermuda (Viking, Crystal and Norwegian) you needed to be fully vaccinated and get tested multiple times

OP I am booked on this cruise as well and I can tell you that many will be very unhappy. If you look at the ticket contract on Carnival's web site you will see under section 8 that they reserve the right to change the itinerary. What sucks is this lousy Bahamas itinerary ( Nassau, Freeport, Princess Cay) costs less than half of what the Bermuda itinerary costs. It also sucks that Carnival has not advised all of the passengers. I have not received notification and I know of others who haven't either. I found out because someone saw it on Facebook and let me know. BTW they also didn't notify me of my previous canceled cruise.

This cruise is in just a few weeks. Imagine if like most cruisers you are not on CC and didn't hear about this major change? You show up ready for an awesome Bermuda cruise and you end up sailing to Freeport.

I understand that during this pandemic we have to roll with the punches. What I don't understand is how a major global company can leave its customers in the dark repeatedly when they change or cancel cruises. How hard would it be to send out a message to those effected and follow up with contact info to a rep for any additional concerns? That seems like basic customer support.

33 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Screenshot_20211022-072554_Drive.jpg

Yep, just got this letter in our email today. No mention of ability to cancel without penalty (for those who might wish to) or any adjustments because of the change in itinerary. The only reason we booked was because it was Bermuda, but we need this vacation so we'll make the best of it.

Hi C

I certainly understand the frustration, but as "shof515" said it would be expected. 

Even though it wasn't stated in the email, I would expect Carnival will allow cancellation without penalty. If that is not possible for you, I would think they will make an effort to compensate everyone since this really isn't the same kind of cruise and has a completely different value. I can only imagine the phone lines will be busy for the next few days. I can only feel sorry for those who might not have been contacted at all. That will be "fun" on embarkation day. 

I too received the same email, but I am on one of the cruises for next year, and my change is only from Half Moon Cay to Princess Cay. Not knowing that your cruise was to Bermuda, I didn't understand what the fuss was about.

good luck, if you do go... hope you have a great cruise

This is happening on a lot of cruises.  There seems to be certain ports that the cruise line opts to go to if there is a problem with a port.  One thing is that it is out of their control and up to the port or nation itself.  Things are slowly getting better and heck I am just happy to sail.  

We did have a Christmas cruise booked and decided to move it to Jun 2022 because we have a young one that isn't eligible for the vaccine and getting the test would be very dicey.  Carnival moved it for us at no charge.  I appreciated that. 

• Host Hattie changed the title to Carnival Legend Itinerary change