Room obstruction Odyssey?

jonj

Take a look at this very helpful preliminary guide by @twangster:

Sometimes the obstruction will be the top of a lifeboat, which would obstruct your view out when seated or straight down when standing. And sometimes it will be the davit holding up the lifeboats or some other part of the structure. 

The cabins marked with red on the diagram are likely to be the most badly obstructed. Since the ship is so new and so few people have sailed her yet, there is limited confirmed information available as to which are the "best" (i.e. least obstructed) cabins.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Take a look at this very helpful preliminary guide by @twangster:

Sometimes the obstruction will be the top of a lifeboat, which would obstruct your view out when seated or straight down when standing. And sometimes it will be the davit holding up the lifeboats or some other part of the structure. 

The cabins marked with red on the diagram are likely to be the most badly obstructed. Since the ship is so new and so few people have sailed her yet, there is limited confirmed information available as to which are the "best" (i.e. least obstructed) cabins.

1 minute ago, jonj said:

Thank you, however it doesn't really answer my specific question unless I am missing something when reading through it. 

Looking at the diagram, my guess is it's likely to be the top of a lifeboat, with the davit more severely affecting the cabin next to yours (6162). You may also find that, if it is a davit, it will affect your view towards the front of the ship, whereas the view aft is probably going to be clear.

As I said, confirmed details are hard to come by at the moment simply because not enough people

have sailed on this ship to be able to give first-hand accounts. I have a vested interest in this too, as I have 6622 booked for next May.

As far as the percentage is concerned, I have heard, but can't attest to the accuracy, that Royal are selling all of these cabins as 50% obstructed. That is, unfortunately, not the case as some are far more badly obstructed than others. Royal's fuzzy definition of percentage essentially can be described as "some random number".

I guess all of that means that it's going to be hard to give you a specific answer unless and until another poster on the boards is able to provide actual first-hand experience. 😞 However, you could try Googling Anthem or Ovation or Quantum followed by your cabin number as that might help you find first-hand experience and/or pics of the same specific cabin on those ships.

Also, there have been numerous posts on these boards with pictures of some of these obstructed balcony cabins on other Quantum class ships (although Odyssey as Quantum plus may be slightly different).

@Merion_Mom can you point jonj to some of your pictures of these cabins?

59 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Looking at the diagram, my guess is it's likely to be the top of a lifeboat, with the davit more severely affecting the cabin next to yours (6162). You may also find that, if it is a davit, it will affect your view towards the front of the ship, whereas the view aft is probably going to be clear.

As I said, confirmed details are hard to come by at the moment simply because not enough people

have sailed on this ship to be able to give first-hand accounts. I have a vested interest in this too, as I have 6622 booked for next May.

As far as the percentage is concerned, I have heard, but can't attest to the accuracy, that Royal are selling all of these cabins as 50% obstructed. That is, unfortunately, not the case as some are far more badly obstructed than others. Royal's fuzzy definition of percentage essentially can be described as "some random number".

I guess all of that means that it's going to be hard to give you a specific answer unless and until another poster on the boards is able to provide actual first-hand experience. 😞 However, you could try Googling Anthem or Ovation or Quantum followed by your cabin number as that might help you find first-hand experience and/or pics of the same specific cabin on those ships.

Also, there have been numerous posts on these boards with pictures of some of these obstructed balcony cabins on other Quantum class ships (although Odyssey as Quantum plus may be slightly different).

@Merion_Mom can you point jonj to some of your pictures of these cabins?

I think that there may be enough differences from Anthem to Odyssey that I couldn't speak with any authority.

RC used to class some (about half) as 50% obstructed, and the other (half) as 75% obstructed.  The difference, as mentioned above, is obstructed by lifeboat (50%) or davit (75%).  If they are not even making that distinction, then only firsthand experience is going to help.

Just don't book the last cabin aft portside on Deck 6.

• Like 1