Beverage Package Pricing

njkate

HI Royal newbie here, I usually sail NCL so I am used to their free at sea beverage perc. I have booked my first with Royal and looking at package current sale is $56.99 pp per day. Is this a good price or is there a chance their Black Friday sales will have a better price? Thanks

17 minutes ago, njkate said:

HI Royal newbie here, I usually sail NCL so I am used to their free at sea beverage perc. I have booked my first with Royal and looking at package current sale is $56.99 pp per day. Is this a good price or is there a chance their Black Friday sales will have a better price? Thanks

That is the exact price today for our upcoming Quantum sailing, last week it was $49. If you purchase now and price drops for Black Friday you can cancel and repurchase. I am guessing your price is before the added 18%.

48 minutes ago, njkate said:

That is not a good price...Needs to be in the $40's for a good price.  We have three cruises booked and the highest booze package is $47.  However as others have said, you can always buy, cancel and rebuy.  They key is to constantly check your cruise planner...At least 3 times a week.  We have found good deals by doing this and most were not even in Royals so called sales!  After you've monitored your cruise planner, you will learn what your cruises base price is.  If you see it cheaper then the base price, buy it again and cancel your previously package.   

Edited by Psycho and Barb
Addition
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

That is not a good price...Needs to be in the $40's for a good price.  We have three cruises booked and the highest booze package is $47.  However as others have said, you can always buy, cancel and rebuy.  They key is to constantly check your cruise planner...At least 3 times a week.  We have found good deals by doing this and most were not even in Royals so called sales!  After you've monitored your cruise planner, you will learn what your cruises base price is.  If you see it cheaper then the base price, buy it again and cancel your previously package.   

Congratulations on those good prices.

But I believe that you are doing a disservice to imply that this is common or to be expected  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

That is the exact price today for our upcoming Quantum sailing, last week it was $49. If you purchase now and price drops for Black Friday you can cancel and repurchase. I am guessing your price is before the added 18%.

yes that is before gratuities

Thanks all! It's great that if I buy now and price drops I can cancel in my cruise planner and not have to call.

My experience with NCL is it ways always a major headache to have to call, wait on hold.

I got so frustrated with them trying to book two adjoining balconies I just hung up, it was soooo easy to book the two adjoining cabins right on Royals website, knowing exactly where I was going to be instead of calling and looking on web site as rep told me what cabins were available. I know first world problems lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Congratulations on those good prices.

But I believe that you are doing a disservice to imply that this is common or to be expected  

I agree. You aren’t finding those prices on the larger ships. Anything in mid 50s is a great deal.

• Like 1

The price on the DBP fluctuates a lot.  But then everything in the cruise planner does.

When we first booked our upcoming Anthem cruise way back in February, I could not purchase anything in the cruise planner because Royal still hadn't figured out how much OBC they owed me from my cancelled cruises.  But the rest of the travelers in our group got it for $42/person/day.  That price has never been seen since.  When my booking got squared away, we got it for $50/person/day.  Both of those prices do not include the 18% gratuities.

It's now sitting at $57 and we're two weeks out.

Here are the things I've noticed:
1) Larger ships (like Harmony and Liberty) charge more for the drink packages.  No idea why this is, but maybe to fund more venues?

2) Black Friday sales used to be the best price ever, but it wasn't the last couple of times it was relevant for my cruises.

3) Cancelling and re-booking at a lower price is easy online.  And usually the credit shows up quickly, but sometimes not.  Can be maddening because there is no rhyme or reason to when it's a quick refund or when it's drawn out.

Someone posted a spreadsheet on here ages ago to help you figure out your breakeven point.  The great thing about Royal's DBP is that it includes everything.  Fresh squeezed juices, smoothies (if you have a venue that makes them), cocktails, mocktails, bottled water, sodas, all the specialty coffee my little heart could ever desire (including the boozy ones), as well as beer and wine and sparkling water.  I get my money's worth on the non-alcoholic drinks, believe me!  It's also wonderful to not have to sign a receipt and to keep track of charges.  Plus, you can try new things without worrying about the cost.  If you don't like it, no harm, no foul.  Get something you do.  Lastly, you can purchase things above the package cost.  You merely pay the difference in cost plus 18% gratuity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Presbycruiser67 said:

If I drank enough to make the beverage package worth the mobwy it would blow out my liver.  How do so many people drink so much???

Maybe read my post up above yours where I detail all that it includes.  For those of us sparkling water and coffee addicts (cortados for me, at least two to three to kick start the morning) it pays for itself quickly without taxing my liver.

• Like 3