NEW - Celebrity EDGE 52 Day Cruise - Oct 30, 2023

bikerunner

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Did anyone who did NOT book onboard and did not book a suite get OBC?  I booked all 4 legs in CC and got no OBC from Celebrity.

Hi I just did a dummy booking on UK site there is no OBC in CC unless you pay to upgrade to Elevate 

or Indulge and the cost of the upgrade negates to OBC of $200 or $400

I just looked at pricing and the price for our Suite has jumped $2k since we booked last Friday.  The 2nd leg hasn’t changed.  

Reminds me of when bookings for the Beyond opened.  We booked a SS on the October TA immediately and prices climbed then 4 months later we got a 25% price drop.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I just looked at pricing and the price for our Suite has jumped $2k since we booked last Friday.  The 2nd leg hasn’t changed.  

Reminds me of when bookings for the Beyond opened.  We booked a SS on the October TA immediately and prices climbed then 4 months later we got a 25% price drop.

Same here prices have  rocketed, our 3 legs Rome to Sydney are £6500 more than 2 weeks ago for S1 so I think we got a good deal booking when we did

Edited by emmas gran
Addition
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi I just did a dummy booking on UK site there is no OBC in CC unless you pay to upgrade to Elevate 

or Indulge and the cost of the upgrade negates to OBC of $200 or $400

Thanks for the response.  I will get plenty of refundable OBC when I transfer my reservation to my TA.

7 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks for the response.  I will get plenty of refundable OBC when I transfer my reservation to my TA.

Linda, is it unusual that Celebrity not give OBC for a cruise of this length, not to mention the $ invested?

LGW59, before AI most of the time a booking offered 1 - 3 perks.  Classic Drink Package, Prepaid Gratuities, Wi-Fi or OBC.   Sometimes the promotion was to pick 1 perk, others time pick 2, occasionally all three.  

AI took the 2 most popular perks. beverage package & prepaid gratuities and  added wi-fi to create AI.

At that point OBC became offered less.

1 minute ago, mauimary said:

I priced out 4 segments in a Sunset Veranda and our cost would be just under 30k.   It does sound intriguing though. 

Question how do you even go about insuring a cruise of this length?   

Interesting question since it is actually sold as 4 separate cruises. 

We each have a annual travel insurance policy that we adjust the amount of coverage when we renew each year, max is $10K per person for trip cancellation, we also have coverage for another $10K on 1 credit card and $3K on the we we use for air.  Anything beyond those we self insure.  

We have purchased Geo Blue in the past but it has a maximum amt of days.  Can’t remember what the max was.  Obviously that is medical only.   We defiantly cannot afford to take a 30k loss if we had to cancel!

Edited by mauimary

On 10/25/2021 at 6:22 PM, mac_tlc said:

Been on sale for about a week. We booked a Sky Suite for leg 1. It was $12,500 for two. 

Aqua Class is about $8500.

Infinite Verandah about $6900.

Is there a roll call for the first leg? If so, please send a link. Thanks

1 hour ago, woldridge said:

I just opened a roll call for leg 4, seems as each segment is separate that was how to do it.  I looked before opening a new roll call and did not see one for 12/9-12/21, so hopefully I di not mess up.  Asked the mods though if I did to just please merge it.  I'm on for all 4 legs and all are awesome, but leg 4 really has me piqued.  

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:41 PM, bstoeck said:

Whoops!   sorry LGW59,  but yes  I am planning to move these bookings to a TA to add some additional perks and hopefully a lower price...  hope I do as well as you did!

Keep us posted how you make out with perks and OBC once you move it to the TA.  Good luck!

We moved our 2 cruises and got the  price reduced by $1,250 for each leg.  Decided the lower price was better than OBC-R  which we don’t get until we return home.

The $2500 will go toward what I am sure will be very expensive air fare.

I  looked at air for a trip to Barcelona next year, AA wants 300K miles each for 1 way business class😳

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We moved our 2 cruises and got the  price reduced by $1,250 for each leg.  Decided the lower price was better than OBC-R  which we don’t get until we return home.

The $2500 will go toward what I am sure will be very expensive air fare.

I  looked at air for a trip to Barcelona next year, AA wants 300K miles each for 1 way business class😳

jelayne - when you say you moved 2 cruises, do you mean 2 legs originally booked as part of the 52 night cruise, or did you move from other cruises to this?  I like the idea of taking the OBC-R towards the flights.  Coming home from Sydney to Boston is going to be long long long, the only way I can do that is business class, so yes I expect airfare will be crazy.  Agree may be worth foregoing the OBC may be worth it.  New to using a TA so sorry for all the questions.  THX

LGW59, we only booked legs 1 & 2 of the 4 leg 52N Cruise.  We transferred both of those to a TA yesterday and by opting for the lower price we pay less at final payment.   

With TA OBC we make final payment 90days before the cruise, then after the cruise we get the credit to our credit card, so the $2500 is not available for us to use for about 120 days.  

We booked all 4 legs (52nts) while onboard the Edge on 10/26.

Cost was $27K with military discount for sunset veranda on deck 8 (always perks and obc included) 

Looks like some legs may have already seen a price increase.

We are thinking of adding a 5th leg upfront.

Apex Oct 16, 2023 10 night roundtrip from Athens with overnight stops in Egypt & Israel.

Would then fly Athens to Rome to start 52 day journey.

32 minutes ago, wilson44 said:

Cost was $27K with military discount for sunset veranda on deck 8 (always perks and obc included) 

Apex Oct 16, 2023 10 night roundtrip from Athens with overnight stops in Egypt & Israel.

Sounds interesting but I can’t find that sailing on the X website.  The only thing I see is a 10/26 sailing. 

On 11/10/2021 at 10:41 AM, wilson44 said:

After we found the 10/16 Apex cruise we put a hold on a SV.  There were only 2 available, both on Deck 7.  Waiting for pricing and additions from the TA.  The 52 night cruise misses 2 places that we want to visit, Israel & Egypt so the Apex cruise takes care of that.