self serve coffee

hunt182644

57 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Can we as in the past refill our own coffee cup in the buffet area, or has that gone bytheybwon the wayside. Will be on the Sky in Nov, like so many others it has been so long am feeling like a new cruiser.😄

I have also wondered about that. I'm assuming they won't let us. I always liked getting my own coffee. I need my cup only 2/3 full of coffee because I use lots of cream & sweetener. So much easier to do it myself. Lol.

45 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't think it was ever permitted to fill your own coffee cup, but rather fill a provided cup and then use that to refill your cup.

Yes, the cruise line have organised fresh professionally cleaned crockery and do not want people using other cups etc. Self-serving is an issue as when you think about it hundreds of people will have touched the equipment and a small minority may have transferred microbes or whatever onto it.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I was on the Grand earlier this month and there were NO restrictions, everything was the same as before. There were tea bags present for you to help yourself and the coffee and hot water were self serve. Sweeteners, lemon slices and stirrer were self serve.

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was on the Grand earlier this month and there were NO restrictions, everything was the same as before. There were tea bags present for you to help yourself and the coffee and hot water were self serve. Sweeteners, lemon slices and stirrer were self serve.

I'm glad to learn this. On sea days I love getting a cup of coffee, finding a quiet table outside, reading, journaling, people watching. We set sail Nov. 3 on the Regal. There is no word invented yet for how excited I am. 😁✈🛳

2 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

Can we as in the past refill our own coffee cup in the buffet area, or has that gone by the wayside. Will be on the Sky in Nov, like so many others it has been so long am feeling like a new cruiser.😄.

Guess I should have been more specific, when filling my personal cup I have always used one of the ships cups then placed it with the used utensils and dishes. Like some others a regular size cup does not suffice. For those who like to take a cup back to their cabin, order room service. Coffee comes in a nice carafe, use your imagination for the next days coffee.