Must Read ... Extension and Modification of CDC CSO dated 10/25/21

NavArch64

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

That would be 166 cruises at 3000 people per cruise. I don't know any cruise line that has sailed 166 cruises this year, or at that capacity. They would have to count the crew to even start to see 3000 people on a cruise ship. But that doesn't get them to 166 cruises.

okay... i'm not here for an argument. I'm just telling you what they said.

Edited by SonuvaBeach
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

That would be 166 cruises at 3000 people per cruise. I don't know any cruise line that has sailed 166 cruises this year, or at that capacity. They would have to count the crew to even start to see 3000 people on a cruise ship. But that doesn't get them to 166 cruises.

I think we are all getting a little carried away with the drill-down here....that might be against the new CC rules too... not sure.

How about we all just agree that cruising is a 'little more risky' than everyday life right now and leave it at that.   (unless you wondering if you were on one of those infected cruises, that is different).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

That's the plan. Get vax, wear masks and social distance. But, people are the key weakness. They get vax, but don't wear masks and social distance with strangers.

IMO, the outbreaks onboard have been caused by the failure to follow protocol. I intend to respect the CDC guidelines and CSO because they have the best and latest scientific evidence.

Back in July, the CDC did a U-turn on mask-wearing, after a mass outbreak among the vaccinated in Barnstable County, Ma. There have been many mass outbreaks since, because of the delta variant.

You won't get the same objective analysis from the CLIA or the cruise companies.

I intend to cruise again once the complications settle down. Yes, I will take the third dose. Adios to any cruise companies that put profit before safety.

Of those breakthrough cases in Barnstable County, from MedPageToday:

"There were five hospitalizations, four among fully vaccinated people, and no deaths. "

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 7:10 AM, Caribbean Chris said:

The point of the post was that passengers are documented as having lied about having symptoms. I hate to sound cynical but it’s quite possible that people are falsifying vaccination records and even test results to go where they please. 

Can you point to the place in the document that verified the passenger was lying.  I didn't see that and I would truly like to know.  

12 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Can you point to the place in the document that verified the passenger was lying.  I didn't see that and I would truly like to know.  

This is the extension order:  CDC-CSO-Extension-10-25-21-p.pdf

Go to page 22 and see the first sentence in the last paragraph on that page.

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

This is the extension order:  CDC-CSO-Extension-10-25-21-p.pdf

Go to page 22 and see the first sentence in the last paragraph on that page.

Thank you.  So, we don't really know if the person lied about their vaccination status, but did lie about symptoms.  I know earlier this year there was a lot of posts about people faking vaccination cards, etc. without any evidence of it, but only speculating.  I can see how people would try to fake symptoms if they thought they could get by with it after having traveled and wanting to get on a ship.  That is a problem for everyone especially now that we know vaccines do not offer guarantees.  I gave people a wide berth when I was on our September cruise but it was nice and had alot of space available considering ships were only partially full.  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:45 PM, JRG said:

I think we are all getting a little carried away with the drill-down here....that might be against the new CC rules too... not sure.

How about we all just agree that cruising is a 'little more risky' than everyday life right now and leave it at that.   (unless you wondering if you were on one of those infected cruises, that is different).

I can agree with your bottom line statement although I had no problems cruising to Alaska this past August and only have to add the 2 day negative Rapid Antigen Test for the 14 day cruise this coming February. However, I do have to throw in a reminder, as a retired trauma RN: the greatest percentage threat of harm or death, when you go on a cruise, will be the automobile drive to the port or drive to the airport to fly to the port!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1