The Daily for Wednesday October 27, 2021

richwmn

Here are the recipes for our meal suggestion for today - sweet potato lasagna courtesy of Debbie @dfish

Sweet Potato Lasagna sounds interesting, doesn’t it?   In general, sweet potato lasagna is not lower in calories or carbohydrates, but it will have a bit more fiber in it due to the sweet potatoes.    Here is the first selection from the Food Network:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sweet-potato-lasagna-6581637

3F96A284-42CB-4164-ACB6-0A6AA1466E40.jpeg.ae0cf3a3fd77eca32ff11858debe49a1.jpeg

This next recipe is for the vegetarians and vegans among us.  https://detoxinista.com/sweet-potato-lasagna/

1B3D342D-8589-4664-821D-207D60397EA1.thumb.jpeg.a108e3435aa3ccc166909aadb3163a3e.jpeg 

Lastly, we have an entry for those watching carbs and calories.  This one is much lower in carbs – about 20 grams per serving.  https://www.asweetpeachef.com/sweet-potato-lasagna/

963BD572-4DBB-4D0A-9F5A-A0AFEA6D9AB7.thumb.jpeg.273498134061543dade8b463fd2763b0.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 10

Good morning  everyone. The rain has stopped  but it is very windy.So far,there has been only minor flooding  locally.

We will salute lung health today and everyday.Story tellers and black cats will also be celebrated.The recipe suggestion looks interesting. 

We went to St Petersberg on the Eurodam in the days while I was still working.It was hard to get the time off and I remember being the  only one at our lovely MDR table who was returning to work the day after docking and flying home. We were new to crusing and went on a HAL tour. The bus stopped at a gift shop on the way into the city where  glasses of vodka were lined up for us at 9 am!Yikes.The tour took us to the Hermitage and the Church of the Spilled Blood .I have lousy pictures somewhere but will spare you.

Instead,I will show you DD's Allie  ,a lovely black cat.

Terry

5769.jpeg

• Like 32

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Love all cats, but black ones are very special. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyite family! Booster day for me. Leaving now, so I have most of the day to recover. We are being told to keep moving the “jabbed” arm, and you should avoid any soreness. I will test this theory, and share the results. 😎 Safe travels Debbie @dfish.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating- especially the birthday boy! Stay well everyone!

A. Clape Cornas 2015

This Rhône wine has superb ratings for all released vintages and prices to match. The lowest price I found was $135.99. But I would love to try a taste. It might be too full bodied for me, but…

Winemaker Notes

#77 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018 

Monsieur Clape's Cornas is systematically considered the best in the appellation, constantly attaining the most amazing levels of excellence. There is always an extremely deep purple, almost black color that exudes a never-ending array of rich complex aromas of dried fruits, licorice, spice and pepper. The sheer power and concentration of the wine on the palate is overwhelming. The attack is sensational, followed with an incredible volume of extract that saturates the palate in rich, concentrated fruity tannins that last through a magnificently long, stunning finish. These wines need at least 5 or 6 years in bottle before they will open up, but areat their best after 10 years.

WS98 Wine Spectator

This has it all, from the dark, dense core of steeped fig, blackberry and black currant fruit to the smoldering charcoal, dark olive and singed bay leaf notes. Violet and white pepper nuances add lift before a prodigious warm cast-iron element provides spine on the finish. A brick house that will live for quite some time. Best from 2025 through 2045.
RP97 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
Clape’s flagship 2015 Cornas is enormously complex and compelling. Almond skin, cherries, blood and herbal notes all combine on the nose, while on the palate this medium to full-bodied wine is firmly tannic but ripe and balanced, with a rich, velvety and nearly endless finish.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Hump Day smile 🙂 

Great combination of days.  Healthy lungs & story tellers are both precious.  Absolutely adore black cats.

669452DC-ADBF-4233-8AE6-411B8331EAB0.jpeg.d561f8ab7b9c52469aa1549fa887a618.jpeg

I like the quote by Stevenson and Debbie did a great job on the recipes today.  Sounds good.  We’ve been to St. Petersburg twice.  The first time I got sucked into the cruise line saying you had to take a ship’s tour line and did the ship’s tour.  The second time we went private and it was a far superior experience.  Saw so much more and really enjoyed our days thoroughly..  We avoided many crowds and line ups 😉 

@St. Louis SalI don’t think you are a guinea pig at all - bless you for what you are doing to try to help others with ALS.  ❤️ 

@grapau27a very happy birthday to you.  Hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch !

Ferocious winds here but nothing compared to what my friends South of the Border are encountering.  Talked to a friend this morning and power out everywhere, trees down, huge waves.  Hopefully it doesn’t get that bad here as the storm moves north. 🤞 Prayers for everyone in the nor’easter’s path 🙏🏻.  Moved all my bulbs to the front porch (covered) to protect them from the rain that’s coming.  My back wasn’t happy about that.  LOL.

In defence of black cats everywhere: 

A10E3518-F9A4-4ABA-8358-3A0C8F9EF8D7.jpeg.8133b5ae84be499225859f6168697676.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

F8107B1C-8A05-4DEA-9E66-CF5FD6E9F0AE.thumb.jpeg.490e9725ef1d160cc702cec640777050.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

We went to St. Petersburg in August of 2009 on =X= Century.  It was our very first cruise in Europe and really started something!  We did a 2-day ship tour so saw the Hermitage, Catherine's palace, Peterhof, all the usual suspects.  Lunch was included both days and when we sat down there was a glass/shot of vodka at every place setting as well as Champagne/sparkling wine on the tables -- what a way to lunch 😉.  

Years ago, when my daughter was young, we got a black cat with a white spot down low on his belly.  We had just gotten a pool table so the cat's name was "8 Ball". 🎱  (I'm sure the vet shook his head over that one!)

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone. I don’t particularly like today’s quote and I’m probably the odd one out but I’m not a fan of cats, black or any other color.

Happy Birthday Graham and Pauline.

Today we get our booster shots.

pits been nasty and raining for a few days now.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Thank you Rich for the Daily. Thinking of you Roy and prayers to all on our prayer list.

Ann the wine sounds good, but <gulp> on the cost. Thank you Jacqui for posting today's recipe. Hope Debbie has a good time.

Happy Birthday Graham!

image.png.965aef02e401fa28dc28c8f67d2f2e04.png

My goodness did we have a whopper of a storm very early this morning. Hoping everyone going thru the east coast blast is ok.

Our cable is still out. Spent several hours on the phone yesterday. Another technician is due later. The work is supposed to continue in the bathroom today. My sweet husband has another MOHS surgery late morning. It's always something!

Black cats are special for sure. 

image.png.a7d80d4677a22d87e0bb6da092cc87f9.png

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Prayers and cheers!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We've only ever had 1 black cat, but after a couple of years, she decided we weren't her people and moved in with a family about 3 doors down.  DH is a great storyteller, and let's all take a deep breath and celebrate our lungs!

A cool, dark morning here on the "frozen tundra" but that's to be expected at this time of year.  The other night when we were having dinner, I looked outside and it seemed like it could have been 10 o'clock, because it was do dark.  It was 6:15PM.  Yesterday I  took all our summer jackets/windbreakers out of the front closet and tucked them away for their long winter's nap.  They were replaced by puffy jackets, fluffy sweaters, and of course, our parkas.  I also located our winter boots because you just know they're going to be needed as well.  I also realized over the summer that 3 gloves seem to have been transported into another dimension, as there are 3 pair without mates . . . how does that even happen?

Happy Birthday @grapau27 with many more returns of the day for you!

@St. Louis Sal I salute you for taking part in the trials - let's hope you're a good candidate for the drug that can help so many people suffering from ALS.

I have heard from @SusieKIslandGirl; they're in Barcelona and have already had lunch in one of our favourite restaurants on Las Ramblas, the Cafe MOKA.  They have a couple of days of touring ahead of them, and although I'm jealous that they're there and I'm not, I'm excited for their time in and around Barcelona before boarding the Eurodam on the weekend.

I'm not a fan of today's menu suggestion, but that's okay because we each have 1/2 rack of ribs from last night's dinner.  Talk about a deal - a full rack of ribs and a side (either mashed or fries) for $9.99 (CAD).  Tuesday might just become "Rib Night" at our house if they continue with the special.  We'll be having ribs, garlic mashed potatoes and a vegetable of DH's choice for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for those in the path of the storms.  Clinking the glasses together to celebrate everyone on the happy list.  

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone from a rainy, windy Boston.  Thank-you for our daily report Rich. Black cats are pretty creatures.  Love a good story and lung health is very important.  Not sure about today’s meal so I’ll pass.  The quote is sound advice.  Haven’t been to today’s port and will look forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our list today and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event, especially @grapau27 who is celebrating his birthday today 🎂 🥳 !

Thank you Mr Boston.

Graham.

• Like 10

Happy birthday, Graham!  Hope everyone else has a happy day, too!  

We are winding down our cruise, two more days, three sleeps and we will be heading home on Saturday.   Wish it weren’t so complicated , but I guess it’s better than the alternative.  

Then I will be back to my laptop, so much easier.  Then I will be in touch much more regularly.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends!  First happy birthday to our friend Graham on his 65th.  As expected, you two went out for a fabulous lunch with birthday cake.  What's the plan for dinner?  My contribution is a cake from a BHB.  Enjoy!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnyMUsxszFgiAJMupdBqMF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1635338178

Today was about 45F when we took our walk.  We stopped at the gym to see if it was busy since this is our day off normally, but it will be raining all day tomorrow and we won't be going then.  It worked out fine.  The only wildlife we saw was a few dogs being walked.  Today would have been the perfect day to see Midnight, the stray black cat who resides in the parking lot of our gym, but she wasn't around.  

Lung health day is important.  I wish my lungs were better today but I've been coughing.  Better try some of that nasal spray the doctor prescribed.  National Tell a Story Day sounds like fun.  Sweet potato lasagna is a new one for me.  It might be interesting to try.  The Care list looks shorter which is great and I will make it even shorter.  DH finally got his tooth looked at and it was still salvageable so he has a new filling and he's doing fine healing from last week's extraction.  It will be a few months before they do an implant there.  So please remove him from the Care list Roy.  Thank you for including him.  Prayers for those on the list still.  Congrats to those on the Celebration list. I'm going to congratulate the Atlanta Braves on their win last night.  Go Braves!

We were in St. Petersburg, Russia in 2011 and plan to go again if our Island Princess cruise there would stop being cancelled and pushed back.  It's on the schedule for next summer again.  Like others we took the two day tours but did the private company tours with friends.  It was wonderful!  I'll do that again if we are allowed to sail next year.

Now that DH is finished with his dental emergency we are going to get our Moderna booster shots today.  I called Publix pharmacy yesterday and she told me the booster for 65+ with no health issues is a .25 dosage, while those who are immunocompromised get a .50 dosage.  I didn't know that!  Have any of you who got the Moderna booster heard that before?  I plan to do my best to keep my arm moving too so I'm not too sore.  Wish us all luck!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

Happy Birthday, Graham!

We visited St. Petersburg while aboard the Zuiderdam in 2017. It still stands out as one of our best cruises. The tour vendor that we used kept us fully occupied for the two days we were there! 

- Jack

Many thanks.

Graham.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. Thank you Rich for the Daily. Thinking of you Roy and prayers to all on our prayer list.

Ann the wine sounds good, but <gulp> on the cost. Thank you Jacqui for posting today's recipe. Hope Debbie has a good time.

Happy Birthday Graham!

image.png.965aef02e401fa28dc28c8f67d2f2e04.png

My goodness did we have a whopper of a storm very early this morning. Hoping everyone going thru the east coast blast is ok.

Our cable is still out. Spent several hours on the phone yesterday. Another technician is due later. The work is supposed to continue in the bathroom today. My sweet husband has another MOHS surgery late morning. It's always something!

Black cats are special for sure. 

image.png.a7d80d4677a22d87e0bb6da092cc87f9.png

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Prayers and cheers!

Prayers for Allen as he goes through another Mohs surgery.  I hope your bathroom is completed soon and the cable people get that going for you.  Take care!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

I declare today to be Graham’s Happy Birthday day!🎂

Thanks Rich for creating the Daily and may all of you have a wonderful day!

That’s all I got to say about that!

Thank you so much for your nice message.

Graham.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Hump Day smile 🙂 

Great combination of days.  Healthy lungs & story tellers are both precious.  Absolutely adore black cats.

669452DC-ADBF-4233-8AE6-411B8331EAB0.jpeg.d561f8ab7b9c52469aa1549fa887a618.jpeg

I like the quote by Stevenson and Debbie did a great job on the recipes today.  Sounds good.  We’ve been to St. Petersburg twice.  The first time I got sucked into the cruise line saying you had to take a ship’s tour line and did the ship’s tour.  The second time we went private and it was a far superior experience.  Saw so much more and really enjoyed our days thoroughly..  We avoided many crowds and line ups 😉 

@St. Louis SalI don’t think you are a guinea pig at all - bless you for what you are doing to try to help others with ALS.  ❤️ 

@grapau27a very happy birthday to you.  Hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch !

Ferocious winds here but nothing compared to what my friends South of the Border are encountering.  Talked to a friend this morning and power out everywhere, trees down, huge waves.  Hopefully it doesn’t get that bad here as the storm moves north. 🤞 Prayers for everyone in the nor’easter’s path 🙏🏻.  Moved all my bulbs to the front porch (covered) to protect them from the rain that’s coming.  My back wasn’t happy about that.  LOL.

In defence of black cats everywhere: 

A10E3518-F9A4-4ABA-8358-3A0C8F9EF8D7.jpeg.8133b5ae84be499225859f6168697676.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

F8107B1C-8A05-4DEA-9E66-CF5FD6E9F0AE.thumb.jpeg.490e9725ef1d160cc702cec640777050.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

Thank you so much for your kind wishes.

The meal was lovely overlooking Lake Windermere.

Graham.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Now that DH is finished with his dental emergency we are going to get our Moderna booster shots today.  I called Publix pharmacy yesterday and she told me the booster for 65+ with no health issues is a .25 dosage, while those who are immunocompromised get a .50 dosage.  I didn't know that!  Have any of you who got the Moderna booster heard that before?  I plan to do my best to keep my arm moving too so I'm not too sore.  Wish us all luck!

Sandi, when the approval first came out, Allen and my sister (both immunocompromised)  got full doses of the Moderna booster. When I got my Moderna booster last Friday I was given a half dose, no health issues. I asked why and the nurse said that's what was recommended. 

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I don’t particularly like today’s quote and I’m probably the odd one out but I’m not a fan of cats, black or any other color.

Happy Birthday Graham and Pauline.

Today we get our booster shots.

pits been nasty and raining for a few days now.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Thank you Carol and good luck with your booster shots today.

Graham.

• Like 8