Flying on New Year's Day?

39august

59 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is flying on New Years day any more of a hassle than at any other time? I have never thought of NYD as a big travel day, buy my DH is concerned about it .Thanks for any input.

No, actually it is probably less busy than a normal day. Southwest used to give free drinks, but since they aren't serving alchohol, that won't be happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 39august said:

Is flying on New Years day any more of a hassle than at any other time?

I have never flown on New Years Day, but have flown on Thanksgiving Day (a morning flight).  The plane was not full; the airport was not as busy as usual.  Flying home on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (a late afternoon flight), the reverse was true.  

18 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Flying home on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (a late afternoon flight), the reverse was true.  

I always fly the Saturday after Thanksgiving instead, usually in the evening. Saturday evenings are already fairly quiet...the Saturday evening after Thanksgiving is heavenly. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I always fly the Saturday after Thanksgiving instead, usually in the evening. Saturday evenings are already fairly quiet...the Saturday evening after Thanksgiving is heavenly. 

A very good idea.  For me, not being able to join my family until Thanksgiving morning and needing to return before Monday morning, I chose that Sunday flight simply to give myself more time with my family.  I did book First Class and that made the experience more pleasant.