Celebrity policy on "under 12" passengers

tampadee

I could have sworn I saw that Celebrity was requiring ALL passengers to be vaccinated or could not sail when I looked last week.  I just looked and I'm seeing all passengers over 12 have to be vaccinated. 

They didn't change the rules, did they? 

3 minutes ago, tampadee said:

I could have sworn I saw that Celebrity was requiring ALL passengers to be vaccinated or could not sail when I looked last week.  I just looked and I'm seeing all passengers over 12 have to be vaccinated. 

They didn't change the rules, did they? 

No, vax is of course age based, max unvaxed allowed is 5% due to those age restrictions

Edited by LGW59
  • Thanks 1

It's always been the case. 

I did receive an email this morning with a new change, though.  Children under 12 now must also have a second COVID test conducted at the pier.  The email is clear that it is an additional test.

1299214521_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.ee0f8413b9fc14546cb2568704291be1.png

• Like 1

I expect that Celebrity will update their rules to state that anyone 5 or over must be fully vaccinated (both doses plus 14 days) about 8 - 10 weeks after the CDC & FDA give final approval and the doses actually start shipping to vaccination sites.  They need to provide about 8 weeks for people to get both doses and the 14 days to run out, which is a minimum of 5 weeks, plus a couple of weeks for the materials to actually get to providers.

• Like 2

They haven't had an issue with the current 95% rule. I don't see them necessarily changing.. process seems to work..and when one of the FDA panel members actually says that we won't know how truly safe the vaccine is until it is widely used... might give some parents pause.  System doesn't seem broken..I would let vaccination of children move naturally as parents become more comfortable..

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kearney said:

They haven't had an issue with the current 95% rule. I don't see them necessarily changing.. process seems to work..and when one of the FDA panel members actually says that we won't know how truly safe the vaccine is until it is widely used... might give some parents pause.  System doesn't seem broken..I would let vaccination of children move naturally as parents become more comfortable..

Ships were not sailing much this summer and the holidays are coming. More children will be cruising with family. I do expect it would be a problem and I totally disagree with your analysis. No reason for unvaccinated children to travel in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kearney said:

Agreed, particularly as the US will be ahead of most countries in approving and administering the 5-11 vaccines. Given the small number of children in this age group, and the testing and vaccination requirements for the 12 and up passengers, I view the potential threat from unvaccinated 5-11 year olds as miniscule. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Perhaps this will be a requirement for next summer is Cruising, but the timeline is too short to see any changes in time for December holiday Cruising or even the popular presidents’ day holiday Cruising 

I'm not sure of that.  They lowered the age in August from 16 to 12 when that group was approved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Ships were not sailing much this summer and the holidays are coming. More children will be cruising with family. I do expect it would be a problem and I totally disagree with your analysis. No reason for unvaccinated children to travel in my opinion.

By limiting unvaccinated to 5%.. that automatically limits the number of children under 12. So I don't see more children under 12 being on board. I have to say I found it a bit concerning that one of the FDA panel members saying that we won't know how safe the vaccine is for young children until more are vaccinated. Glad I don't have children to make that decision.