Seashore and Meraviglia cabins wiped out

alyssamma

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

I know of someone who has received an email from MSC with an updated booking confirmation.  While the cabin is still showing as a guarantee, the cruise fare has been reduced by an equivalent of €100 approx and they’ve also had $100 OBC added as compensation it seems.  They’ve also been offered the chance to cancel at no cost or accept an FCC should they not want to keep the booking.  

My parents and I also received the same email, but it wasn't about an updated booking confirmation. We are now getting a non-refundable OBC of $100 for the inconvenience caused by the itinerary changes. Can also cancel before final payment for refund or cancel for FCC before Nov 30.

Can we use the non-refundable OBC for gratuities? I know we can on other cruise lines, but what about MSC?  We already have the drink packages included, so there won't be anything we will buy onboard. Maybe, a gelato or two for the kiddo.

We are already in an inside cabin, so there isn't much that can be done to downgrade us. Although, we paid for Fantastica, and they can always stick us into a Bella.

I haven't checked for any fare reductions, but it was not mentioned in the email anyway.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

My parents and I also received the same email. We are now getting a non-refundable OBC of $100 for the inconvenience caused by the itinerary changes. Can also cancel before final payment for refund or cancel for FCC before Nov 30.

Can we use the non-refundable OBC for gratuities? I know we can on other cruise lines, but what about MSC?  We already have the drink packages included, so there won't be anything we will buy onboard. Maybe, a gelato or two for the kiddo.

We are already in an inside cabin, so there isn't much that can be done to downgrade us. Although, we paid for Fantastica, and they can always stick us into a Bella.

Yes, you can use the OBC towards gratuities.

Great to hear others have got a similar email.  I’m hoping to receive ours in the coming days.  If not, I’ll be contacting them to ask why!   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Great to hear others have got a similar email.  I’m hoping to receive ours in the coming days.  If not, I’ll be contacting them to ask why!   

thanks!

I've just checked for a fare reduction, but there is none. The cabin is still a guarantee.

ETA: I've just checked the cruise and it's impossible to book for 3/4 people in the cabin. ALL the categories appear sold out. I was going to check on our room...

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

I know of someone who has received an email from MSC with an updated booking confirmation.  While the cabin is still showing as a guarantee, the cruise fare has been reduced by an equivalent of €100 approx and they’ve also had $100 OBC added as compensation it seems.  They’ve also been offered the chance to cancel at no cost or accept an FCC should they not want to keep the booking.  

We got our notifications this evening.  No discount in fare, but does have a $50 per person OBC offer:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

UPDATED ITINERARY FOR MSC SEASHORE

YOUR ORIGINAL BOOKING INFORMATION:

7-Night Sailing 3/5/2022

November 9, 2021

Dear ,

Thank you for selecting MSC Cruises for your upcoming vacation. We are pleased you will be joining us on MSC Seashore sailing from Miami on 3/5/2022.

We regret to inform you that due to COVID restrictions in certain Caribbean ports, there have been changes to your itinerary. Itineraries have been updated within our reservation systems and can be viewed by clicking the link below:
Your Options:

1. MSC will offer guests affected by the change a non-refundable shipboard credit of $100.00USD per stateroom ($50.00USD for single passenger). If you’re planning to sail with us, no further action is required.

2. If you no longer wish to travel on MSC Seashore, MSC will provide you with a future cruise credit voucher equal to the value of the amount collected by MSC Cruises. To request your future cruise credit voucher, please call your travel advisor or if you booked directly with MSC, please call us at 1 (866) 420-3584 on or before November 30, 2021. Your FCC can be applied to the cruise fare of any cruise open for sale, on any ship and any destination as long as the voucher is redeemed by April 30, 2022.

In addition to the Future Cruise Credit, you will receive a full refund of any impacted pre-paid packages purchased via credit card on the MyMSC AREA. The refund will be processed as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer to cancel your cruise and request a refund, please call your travel advisor or if you booked directly with MSC, please call us at 1 (866) 420-3584. The refund will be processed as soon as possible.

We apologize for this change and thank you for your understanding.

We are confident you will enjoy an amazing vacation and look forward to welcoming you aboard MSC Seashore.

Sincerely,
MSC Cruises USA

• Like 2

I received the same email from MSC. There is no mention of the port fees refunded for skipping St Thomas. Will it be adjusted onboard? I’m frustrated… price dropped on my sailing, no adjustment but with promise of OBC  but not noted on invoice and cabin changed to guarantee. What’s next? 

Edited by WannaCruise365

10 hours ago, Beamafar said:

OOPS! I just checked my trash and the email was in there! Check your trash in your email. Still no cabin assignment yet.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

OOPS! I just checked my trash and the email was in there! Check your trash in your email. Still no cabin assignment yet.

Nothing in the trash.   Our final payment isn’t due til 1/1/22 so lots of time to give them a chance before I chew them out!  😆

I’ve just received an email from MSC.  No mention of OBC!!

Dear BEA

MSC Cruises would like to inform you that due to operational reasons beyond our control including some local travel restrictions still in place, your itinerary on your upcoming cruise on MSC Seashore departing the 05th March 2022 has had to be slightly amended.

Please note the updated itinerary in the table below:

Port

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Miami/Florida,  United States

17:00

Ocean Cay, MSC Marine Res,Baha

08:00

18:00

Nassau,Bahamas

07:00

14:00

At sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

10:00

Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep.

At sea

The excursion programme has of course been updated to reflect the changes to this itinerary and all details can be found on the MSC Cruises website and at the shore excursion office once on board.  

As your sailing has been modified, we would like to offer you the following options:

Option 1

Should you wish to accept the above changes,please note that there will be no change in the cruise cost. The 25% additional credit from the Future Cruise Credit voucher already on the booking will be respected and will remain within your booking.

Please ensure if you wish to proceed with this option, your response must be sent tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk by the 30thNovember 2021.  

Option 2

For those of you who require more time to consider alternative sailings, please be advised that upon request no later than the 30thNovember 2021 tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk, we will issue new vouchers to you at the end of December 2021 that can be used to rebook.

The 25% additional credit from the Future Cruise Credit voucher already on the booking will be respected and will remain with your booking.

This voucher and incentive are offered outside the scope of the ABTA scheme of protection.

The Future Cruise Credit Voucher can be applied to any sailing currently on sale and can be redeemed until 30th April 2022.

Option 3

If you would like to request a refund, please email operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk.

Important Notice:

You must provide feedback to ourselves no later than the 30th November 2021. In case no feedback has been received by this date; we will assume the acceptance of the modified changes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I’ve just received an email from MSC.  No mention of OBC!!

Dear BEA

MSC Cruises would like to inform you that due to operational reasons beyond our control including some local travel restrictions still in place, your itinerary on your upcoming cruise on MSC Seashore departing the 05th March 2022 has had to be slightly amended.

Please note the updated itinerary in the table below:

Port

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Ocean Cay, MSC Marine Res,Baha

08:00

Nassau,Bahamas

14:00

At sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep.

At sea

The excursion programme has of course been updated to reflect the changes to this itinerary and all details can be found on the MSC Cruises website and at the shore excursion office once on board.  

As your sailing has been modified, we would like to offer you the following options:

Option 1

Should you wish to accept the above changes,please note that there will be no change in the cruise cost. The 25% additional credit from the Future Cruise Credit voucher already on the booking will be respected and will remain within your booking.

Please ensure if you wish to proceed with this option, your response must be sent tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk by the 30thNovember 2021.  

Option 2

For those of you who require more time to consider alternative sailings, please be advised that upon request no later than the 30thNovember 2021 tooperationsuk@msccruises.co.uk, we will issue new vouchers to you at the end of December 2021 that can be used to rebook.

The 25% additional credit from the Future Cruise Credit voucher already on the booking will be respected and will remain with your booking.

This voucher and incentive are offered outside the scope of the ABTA scheme of protection.

The Future Cruise Credit Voucher can be applied to any sailing currently on sale and can be redeemed until 30th April 2022.

Option 3

If you would like to request a refund, please email operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk.

Important Notice:

You must provide feedback to ourselves no later than the 30th November 2021. In case no feedback has been received by this date; we will assume the acceptance of the modified changes.

I think I would definitely be asking why you are not receiving a $50pp OBC for the inconvenience like the rest of us on the same cruise are

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Irishcanuck said:

Update: got mine there today with $100obc offer

Would you mind posting some of the email here so I can take a screenshot to send to the UK office to show that some people are getting OBC but we’re not?  Just don’t show your personal info - only the text offering the OBC will do. 

53 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I got my email yesterday...the funny thing is that I had already canceled the cruise 🙂

Wow, that's surprising that MSC would be that far off to not account for people who cancelled already!  Not!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Would you mind posting some of the email here so I can take a screenshot to send to the UK office to show that some people are getting OBC but we’re not?  Just don’t show your personal info - only the text offering the OBC will do. 

SmartSelect_20211110-181742_Email.thumb.jpg.ff30c0065b43d6e2a216f5e2948ee959.jpg

Thanks a mil, IC.  I’ve emailed operations and will keep a screenshot of this for responding to their reply. 

It seems that we may not be eligible for the OBC because we used a 125% FCC, considering how our email makes reference to it.  

• Like 1

Here’s our Option 1:

Option 1
Should you wish to accept the above changes, please note that there will be no change in the cruise cost. The 25% additional credit from the Future Cruise Credit voucher already on the booking will be respected and will remain within your booking. 

Don’tcha just love that they’ll “respect” the additional 25% credit from the FCC that’s “already” applied to the booking.

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Here’s our Option 1:

Option 1
Should you wish to accept the above changes, please note that there will be no change in the cruise cost. The 25% additional credit from the Future Cruise Credit voucher already on the booking will be respected and will remain within your booking. 

Don’tcha just love that they’ll “respect” the additional 25% credit from the FCC that’s “already” applied to the booking.

I had to fight MSC for the lousy €100 OBC that comes with a VC booking for our recent cruise as they insisted that we weren’t entitled to it because we’d booked a Bella inside.  Now, this!    Because we were compensated with a 125% FCC for a cancelled cruise, we’re not due any further compensation, no matter what the circumstances. 

Edited by Beamafar

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I had to fight MSC for the lousy €100 OBC that comes with a VC booking for our recent cruise as they insisted that we weren’t entitled to it because we’d booked a Bella inside.  Now, this!    Because we were compensated with a 125% FCC for a cancelled cruise, we’re not due any further compensation, no matter what the circumstances. 

MSC, being Italian, is sitting in Dante's third and fourth circles of hell (gluttony and greed), and is forgetting that their action (as well as inaction!) has put us squarely in the fifth circle of anger.

• Like 2