Seashore and Meraviglia cabins wiped out

alyssamma

Called last night. Was told that the rooms were now pulled from inventory for the schedule change on my Dec 23 on SS. Sir, what does an itinerary change have to do with room inventory????? He spoke to his Sup and no other info. My record was documented to request our original YC1 rooms back. 

As a TA this really again proves why doing business with these guys is painful. No emails to TAs or clients on itinerary changes. Nothing. No emails about wiping out every room on every sailing all winter and into Spring. Yeah don’t tell anyone, just change everything without their knowledge, that’s a great way to keep customers. This is why I won’t sell MSC to anyone but myself and immediate family, because I can’t defend them when they pull this kind of stuff and do it without communicating. After the FCCs are gone, I think this is it. We entrusted Christmas this year with these guys, I’m hoping it wasn’t a mistake. 

Oh and capacity? My September Divina sailing in YC was like at 20pct capacity or something. Maybe there’s a whole wave of Euoros on their way over for Winter and they never set up caps on the booking software and now they have to, which still doesn’t give any relief to the fact that they do this with zero communication. But alas I’m getting email about new ways to sell their brand and special Balcony pricing. Just frustrating. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just looked at our cabin for Feb/March b2b and shows us as a guarantee and I am not happy! Picked our cabin specifically.   I called MSC and was told by CS that corporate said they are having to rearrange rooms due to covid and not being able to run at 100% capacity. Was told we would be put in the same type of cabin when reassigned and if not to call back and they would take care of it.  We shall see.

Well, you got me to look at mine for the same B2B (is you are on Seshore).  I had the same cabin booked and confirmed for both weeks some time ago.  Now I show that room on the first week, but now GTY for the March 5th week. What really angers me is no formal notification from MSC.  If I hadn't checked I would not have found out until check in  Not a happy camper!

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Well, you got me to look at mine for the same B2B (is you are on Seshore).  I had the same cabin booked and confirmed for both weeks some time ago.  Now I show that room on the first week, but now GTY for the March 5th week. What really angers me is no formal notification from MSC.  If I hadn't checked I would not have found out until check in  Not a happy camper!

Yeah! Not happy at all either! I had a specific cabin booked and have it for both weeks as we booked as one cruise. Now I have no idea!  Will not be happy if I do not get the same cabin type back.

• Like 1

Leveling of YC seems to be via bid.  Our two recent sailings were only 36% filled up to a couple days out then roughly 60%.

We were in a RS and even there it said something about cabin not assigned the whole time yet in details it had room number.

• Like 1

After being annoyed yesterday to discover the Cabin choice I had chosen after research was changed to "Guarantee" I decided to look online again at prices. Because we live in Florida and dates are flexible for us the following worked out: I pushed our cruise two weeks out (April 2 to April 16) and the rate was $350 less than it was for April 2 (still chose 'all-in' and OBC moved along with me) so still a Guarantee Cabin but $350 less, I guess somewhat of a win-win, I didn't know what Cabin I would get April 2 and I don't know what Cabin I will get April 16. Thanks to those who posted suggesting we check our Cabin assignment, this was the first time in our history of cruising with MSC (have been on Armonia and Divina and Seaside and Mera - couple times each) that my carefully researched Cabin was changed to Guarantee.

• Like 1

Pretty much all of us on the roll call for the first sailing of Seashore in 3 weeks have reported that our rooms were all changed.  Most of us had already printed all of our docs and luggage tags.  Now they are all void and the new one aren't available for us to download.  My wife and I were moved from deck 16 of YC to a bigger suite on 19, but like others, I had spent a lot of time selecting the room we had originally booked. Additionally, they changed our itinerary this week as well. Cayman is now a sea day and Montego Bay was changed to Falmouth.  Still no excursions available for Jamaica....

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 8:56 PM, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

We're booked in YC on the Seashore in March and we have now "lost" our previously booked and assigned cabin number. Will be exciting to see what's going on. 

We’ve lost our H cabin.  Unlikely we’ll be allocated a “similar” cabin.  

Is this happening with other companies or is it just MSC?   With flights booked and paid for to Miami at this stage (cos they’re in such demand due to the lifting of the travel ban), I’m beginning to consider looking at alternative 7 night sailings from Miami with someone else.   Was so looking forward to this one after having such an amazing time last week.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Is this happening with other companies or is it just MSC?   With flights booked and paid for to Miami at this stage (cos they’re in such demand due to the lifting of the travel ban), I’m beginning to consider looking at alternative 7 night sailings from Miami with someone else.   Was so looking forward to this one after having such an amazing time last week.  

LOL, I am searching right now for the same thing.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Yep.

This all, so recent, doesn't make any sense.  There has to be more behind it. 

I'm not sure it is MSC as much as it is Seashore?  Yes, I know other ships also.  And no, it does not appear as whirlwind on equally classed ships on other major lines.

Our B2B YC same stateroom (we specifically selected) 12/4 and 12/11/21 on Seashore, for which we have not made final payment, no longer identifies any stateroom assigned.  We're not going and we had already decided not to make final payment. 

However, it is unsettling to see so many MSC enthusiasts experience these issues.

Hope it all works out, but it certainly doesn't make sense. 

There's got to be something we don't know.

• Like 1

Lost my April 2 Seashore inside cabin on deck 12. I carefully chose it because we are sailing with my parents and I picked a cabin for them next to us (but not adjoining).

ETA: my parents lost their cabin as well.

I couldn't link our reservations because even though we have the same packages, I booked mine under Memorial day sale, and theirs under "All in".

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

If it's any comfort we are on the Seaview Repo cruise from the Med to the Caribbean, in a couple of weeks, debarking St Maarten (originally Martinique) a day later than original schedule. Our chosen YC cabin was definitely showing a few days ago, with the original itinerary. 

Now that the revised itinerary and new end date are showing on my booking our cabin is now designated as YC Deluxe Guarantee. We are not miffed about that, as a free extra day in YC will more than mitigate any annoyance if we end up on a lower deck than our chosen deck 16. 😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hamrag said:

If it's any comfort we are on the Seaview Repo cruise from the Med to the Caribbean, in a couple of weeks, debarking St Maarten (originally Martinique) a day later than original schedule. Our chosen YC cabin was definitely showing a few days ago, with the original itinerary. 

Now that the revised itinerary and new end date are showing on my booking our cabin is now designated as YC Deluxe Guarantee. We are not miffed about that, as a free extra day in YC will more than mitigate any annoyance if we end up on a lower deck than our chosen deck 16. 😎

So the cruise is going ahead?  Glad to hear it!

What’s with the reference on my thread to Pringles (in relation to the minibar and someone putting a question mark against the word Pringles) and you laughing at it?   I didn’t get the funny. 

9 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Lost my April 2 Seashore inside cabin on deck 12. I carefully chose it because we are sailing with my parents and I picked a cabin for them next to us (but not adjoining).

ETA: my parents lost their cabin as well.

I couldn't link our reservations because even though we have the same packages, I booked mine under Memorial day sale, and theirs under "All in".

You should contact MSC and ask them to link the bookings. Also, explain that you require cabins next to each other so that, when they re-allocate cabins, they’ll have a note of your requirements. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

So the cruise is going ahead?  Glad to hear it!...

Yes, following discussion with St Maarten authorities after Guadeloupe and Martinique were pulled by the French in Paris, there is a single boarding point/day being Sunday every week through the winter season from 5th December. 

Barbados remains as it always was, being a fortnightly Tuesday call. St Maarten has a weekly slot, with 2 different itineraries in the same manner as Martinique and Guadeloupe were.

39 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

....What’s with the reference on my thread to Pringles (in relation to the minibar and someone putting a question mark against the word Pringles) and you laughing at it?   I didn’t get the funny. 

It was on the back of the choco peanuts thing, assuming you had a taste for the occasional Pringle once the chocos ran out!  😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lovestotravel81 said:

Can anyone enlighten me on why they might do this ours on seaview has also been changed to guaranteed and when they do reallocate do they place you in similar or better location as you picked your cabin? 

I was told by CS that we would be relocated to the same type of cabin and if not then call and they would take care of it.  Now whether or not that happens is still to be seen.  I wouldn't mind being upgraded but their idea of an upgrade and my idea of an upgrade is probably quite different.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Yes, following discussion with St Maarten authorities after Guadeloupe and Martinique were pulled by the French in Paris, there is a single boarding point/day being Sunday every week through the winter season from 5th December. 

Barbados remains as it always was, being a fortnightly Tuesday call. St Maarten has a weekly slot, with 2 different itineraries in the same manner as Martinique and Guadeloupe were.

So glad for you, G. ❤️

How does it affect your flight plans?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

So glad for you, G. ❤️

Thank you.

Fortunately we had not decided what to do post original cruise, ending Martinique. We had considered a short hop to Barbados, spending a few days there before flying home. We didn't book, because the Caribbean airline doing the short hop was in financial difficulty and we believe is now in administration....too risky, so we held off and by that time there was much conjecture re the cruise.

Bottom line, our return flight is still not booked and we shall await official confirmations from MSC via our TA. The other thing to say is we are also booked on the first 7 nighter after the repo cruise, but had never quite affirmed in our heads to definitely go ahead with it. There had been no YC cabins left, I rose one morning and saw one YC inside available....panicked, and booked it paying in full. 😂

The good lady is not even aware of that additional booking, so a conversation will be required in the coming week! My perfect solution, once they formally communicate the change, would be to ask them to allow us to stay aboard the repo for 2 extra days until 7th and debark there in Barbados....yes, I know....if they agree, it will doubtless be at a price so need to weigh up everything. We could then stay in Barbados until Saturday 11th, and have a direct Virgin Atlantic flight to Edinburgh. It only flies weekly, otherwise we will have a connecting flight, so that's why Barbados is such an attraction....besides being a lovely island!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

So glad for you, G. ❤️

Does this also mean that Martinique and Guadeloupe are not accepting day calls from cruise companies?

16 hours ago, Beamafar said:

They did the same to us for the same week as you.  Left it for the first week.  They did that even after I showed them that the Needs form was sent in, and that they acknowledged receipt of the email.  I think it is worse than David has said.  In this case, the left hand doesn't even know what the left hand is doing, let alone concern itself with the right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3