Seashore and Meraviglia cabins wiped out

alyssamma

21 minutes ago, Itochen33 said:

This Sunday. On the 7th of November. 

LOL, so for your cruise that is 4 days away they gave you a cabin *once you called in*. Amazing, but it does fit what someone said about cabins being assigned 4 days before cruising. But who knows the real truth.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise. Once you are onboard all of this nonsense stops and you'll love it - esp the YC.

• Thanks 1

Just went to do a mock booking on our sailings in Feb and Mar on the Seashore and showing cabins are available to book now.  Before they showed Guarantee Only.  Our cabin did not show up as available for booking.  Went to my MSC booking reservation and still shows cabin not assigned. Maybe they are getting it straightened out.  Hoping we still have the same cabin since it is not showing up as available.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just went to do a mock booking on our sailings in Feb and Mar on the Seashore and showing cabins are available to book now.  Before they showed Guarantee Only.  Our cabin did not show up as available for booking.  Went to my MSC booking reservation and still shows cabin not assigned. Maybe they are getting it straightened out.  Hoping we still have the same cabin since it is not showing up as available.

Question is will they give people their original cabins booked, or will they just move them anywhere to say a Fantastica cabin on another deck ?

In the new changes Aurea does not get the Free Massage or an Included drink package, looks like the Room Diffuser may be out also according to the PDF (First post).

Having had selected cabin moved to guarantee on our b2b cruises a week ago, there is now today an assigned cabin for both cruises which is different from those chosen. They are both YC, the second cruise had only one YC (inside) cabin left at the time of booking. So, for the first cruise I selected the Deluxe Suite cabin immediately across from said YIN cabin for ease of transferring wardrobe contents on change over day.

Now my YIN remains on deck 16, but the Deluxe Suite is on deck 18 immediately above. First world problem , I realise that, but a little annoying when there is a reason and a plan behind cabins chosen at booking! We are low maintenance, and wanted to make it easy for the Assistant Butler who will doubtless facilitate our move.

A good reason now to ask if there is any upgrade opportunity, for the second leg, once we are on board in a couple of weeks time. 😉

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

Having had selected cabin moved to guarantee on our b2b cruises a week ago, there is now today an assigned cabin for both cruises which is different from those chosen. They are both YC, the second cruise had only one YC (inside) cabin left at the time of booking. So, for the first cruise I selected the Deluxe Suite cabin immediately across from said YIN cabin for ease of transferring wardrobe contents on change over day.

Now my YIN remains on deck 16, but the Deluxe Suite is on deck 18 immediately above. First world problem , I realise that, but a little annoying when there is a reason and a plan behind cabins chosen at booking! We are low maintenance, and wanted to make it easy for the Assistant Butler who will doubtless facilitate our move.

A good reason now to ask if there is any upgrade opportunity, for the second leg, once we are on board in a couple of weeks time. 😉

First, thanks for sharing these details.

Second, this seems to contradict the "all cabins will be back on the 15th" theory.

Third, it definitely contradicts the theory we'll get the same cabin (others have shown this too).

• Like 2

i booked my first cruise in 6 years on the mera sunday for a march 7-day cruise. i think i got a awesome deal. tuesday i booked a 7-day for january and it is a good deal but not awesome and prices and deals have already gotten worse in a few days. it is weird i was able to pick what cabins i wanted for the two cruises and if i understand the timeline already assigned cabins were getting slammed over to gty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseScrooge said:

i booked my first cruise in 6 years on the mera sunday for a march 7-day cruise. i think i got a awesome deal. tuesday i booked a 7-day for january and it is a good deal but not awesome and prices and deals have already gotten worse in a few days. it is weird i was able to pick what cabins i wanted for the two cruises and if i understand the timeline already assigned cabins were getting slammed over to gty.

I did a cabin upgrade yesterday and it still had to be to a guarantee rather than a specific cabin, but that was on the Seashore. Maybe they've done what they need to do on the Meraviglia and that's why you could book a specific cabin, but the Seashore is still a work-in-progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

Seashore is still a work-in-progress.

"Work-in-progress!"  What a cute phrase in normal cases, but with regards to the MSC IT department, I think you have coined an oxymoron.  Perhaps, "Delay Full-Speed Ahead" would be more appropriate!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Booked the 02/27/22 Meraviglia sailing.  

Booked Fantastica balcony (Only 10USD pp) and still showing the cabin we selected.   

From what I am seeing here, this may not last. . . 

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

I did a cabin upgrade yesterday and it still had to be to a guarantee rather than a specific cabin, but that was on the Seashore. Maybe they've done what they need to do on the Meraviglia and that's why you could book a specific cabin, but the Seashore is still a work-in-progress.

That is strange considering yesterday on the Seashore, at least our cruises, one was able to pick cabins.  We are still showing a Guarantee now but at least our cabin was not available to book

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

That is strange considering yesterday on the Seashore, at least our cruises, one was able to pick cabins.  We are still showing a Guarantee now but at least our cabin was not available to book

The Dec 4th cruise you can pick cabins with a new booking.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Glad to hear it! Sadly, no cabin assignment on our Feb. Seashore trip.

We'll see, but a trusted agent who was on an MSC webinar a few hours ago says that MSC will reinstate all cabins by next week.  Of, course, what MSC says does not always match their actions!  He also says that the MSC system will be blacked out/down from 13 to 15 November.  We shall see.

I know of someone who has received an email from MSC with an updated booking confirmation.  While the cabin is still showing as a guarantee, the cruise fare has been reduced by an equivalent of €100 approx and they’ve also had $100 OBC added as compensation it seems.  They’ve also been offered the chance to cancel at no cost or accept an FCC should they not want to keep the booking.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAGR said:

We'll see, but a trusted agent who was on an MSC webinar a few hours ago says that MSC will reinstate all cabins by next week.  Of, course, what MSC says does not always match their actions!  He also says that the MSC system will be blacked out/down from 13 to 15 November.  We shall see.

Knowing MSC's tech dept. that is scary that they might be blacked out/down for 2 days🤔

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

I know of someone who has received an email from MSC with an updated booking confirmation.  While the cabin is still showing as a guarantee, the cruise fare has been reduced by an equivalent of €100 approx and they’ve also had $100 OBC added as compensation it seems.  They’ve also been offered the chance to cancel at no cost or accept an FCC should they not want to keep the booking.  

Would like to see something before we have final payment which is the end of the month.

• Like 1

Just now, ready2cruzagain said:

Would like to see something before we have final payment which is the end of the month.

We have flights and hotel booked and I really don’t fancy spending a week in Miami, so we’re committed at this stage.  Otherwise I’d be telling MSC to go take a run and jump. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We have flights and hotel booked and I really don’t fancy spending a week in Miami, so we’re committed at this stage.  Otherwise I’d be telling MSC to go take a run and jump. 

We drive so can cancel before final payment.  If not straightened by then, we might cancel.  We have to decide.