RedneckBob live report from Equinox 10/29/21

RedneckBob

Having gone through a very similar situation as you described (30 year old son, leaving us to raise his precious 3 year old daughter) you seemingly do not understand how fortunate you are to cruise AND unplug.  Many (including us) are not so fortunate.  It’s either stay connected for family reasons or work,  or not travel. We choose to travel while we have our health.  

1 hour ago, NCHPcruiser said:

Having gone through a very similar situation as you described (30 year old son, leaving us to raise his precious 3 year old daughter) you seemingly do not understand how fortunate you are to cruise AND unplug.  Many (including us) are not so fortunate.  It’s either stay connected for family reasons or work,  or not travel. We choose to travel while we have our health.  

wow. I most certainly was not blaming anyone about staying connected. It was just an observation. And...if you think for one minute that your son leaving to take care of his own child and mine dying are one in the same...well, then I have no words to express how utterly devoid of humanity that is . 

35 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

wow. I most certainly was not blaming anyone about staying connected. It was just an observation. And...if you think for one minute that your son leaving to take care of his own child and mine dying are one in the same...well, then I have no words to express how utterly devoid of humanity that is . 

Although I at first read it to mean that their son had left home to care for his daughter, I am pretty sure after re-reading that they meant the son died, leaving them to raise his daughter.

Of course many people have legitimate reasons to be connected, whether for personal or business reasons, or even if it is just because they enjoy it.  For others of us, we enjoy not being connected and are lucky enough to not need to be.  Either way is ok.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

You are in an extremely fortunate place in life that you are able to do this.  Instead of finding it odd, perhaps you should count your lucky stars that you are in such a place.

Me thinks a bit too much sensitivity on what Guppy stated.  I took it to mean for him it is not something he choses to do, I did not see any criticism of those that think otherwise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Me thinks a bit too much sensitivity on what Guppy stated.  I took it to mean for him it is not something he choses to do, I did not see any criticism of those that think otherwise.

Whoa.   Why is everyone so judgmental?  Bob started this thread as a kindness to inform us as to what he was experiencing on the ship…so nice!!!  The thing about a cruise is we are all on the same ship and can have and enjoy vastly different experiences.  If someone wants to be on their phone who are we to judge. I happen to read on my iPad and use it as a kindle.   Others love to satay connected to family. There is room for all kinds.  Let’s not change the intent of this blog.  Thanks again Bob!!!

36 minutes ago, njg999 said:

Whoa.   Why is everyone so judgmental?  Bob started this thread as a kindness to inform us as to what he was experiencing on the ship…so nice!!!  The thing about a cruise is we are all on the same ship and can have and enjoy vastly different experiences.  If someone wants to be on their phone who are we to judge. I happen to read on my iPad and use it as a kindle.   Others love to satay connected to family. There is room for all kinds.  Let’s not change the intent of this blog.  Thanks again Bob!!!

what is the matter with you? Nobody was judging anyone! It was just an observation.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:40 PM, Guppy99 said:

Guppy99. The poster meant they lost their 30yr old son and are raising their grandchild. You might rethink leaving your ‘devoid of humanity’ stand and respond more appropriately. 

den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thought I had completed this review and got interested again after seeing a post review of this cruise but this will be my final thought.

Question: and not be disrespectful, but this is for men only. Does anyone know why in the men’s public restrooms there are these signs over the men’s urinals with famous quotations to read why we are doing our business?

The last day of the cruise I saw this quotation that really got to me. It was rather long with the final sentence saying,

If have completed reading this quotation and have not finished your business, you may need to see a urologists. 😳

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thought I had completed this review and got interested again after seeing a post review of this cruise but this will be my final thought.

Question: and not be disrespectful, but this is for men only. Does anyone know why in the men’s public restrooms there are these signs over the men’s urinals with famous quotations to read why we are doing our business?

The last day of the cruise I saw this quotation that really got to me. It was rather long with the final sentence saying,

If have completed reading this quotation and have not finished your business, you may need to see a urologists. 😳

LOL -- I think just a bit of humor and give you something to do while taking care of business.  Some of them are rather numerous.    I'm sure our Women Friends don't have the same amenity.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL -- I think just a bit of humor and give you something to do while taking care of business.  Some of them are rather numerous.    I'm sure our Women Friends don't have the same amenity.  

Jim, I'm sure that any woman that is standing at the urinal would appreciate that bit of humor, and since they are standing at the urinal they might need to see a urologist as well.   😉

Just now, travelnap said:

Jim, I'm sure that any woman that is standing at the urinal would appreciate that bit of humor, and since they are standing at the urinal they might need to see a urologist as well.   😉

Now you have me laughing and remember a boss from my past.   She was a real down to earth type of leader and had complaints of they guys in the warehouse not shooting straight and causing a mess on the floor.  

She called a meeting and said if they couldn't correct it she would go in the men's room hike her skirt and show how to shoot straight.   

She embarrassed them enough to fix the problem.

• Like 1