Port Everglades Terminal 29 On Site Parking

Team Stag

I have searched several times & having trouble finding the answer to my question.  We have a cruise set to depart from Terminal 29.  It seems this is an auxiliary terminal not regularly used.  Most of the advice on this board recommends off site parking for this terminal. I have 2 questions:

1) If I want to park onsite, am I able to drop off my party & luggage at T29?

2) Then if I go park am I allowed to walk to the terminal or am I forced to use the parking shuttle?  I recognize it might be a long walk; I'm fine w that.  But I would prefer to walk vs be packed in a shuttle.

Thanks!

I checked Port Everglades' official website (https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/). A caution about walking - Port Everglades is a also a cargo port and not conducive to walking.  Google a map of the port.  The satellite version will give you an idea of where/if there are sidewalks.

Palm Parking Garage

The 1,966-space garage services:Palm Garage

• Cruise Terminals 19, 21, 25, 26, 27 and 29
  • Shuttle service is provided between Cruise Terminal 29 and the Palm Parking Garage

In my humble opinion,  I recommend Park n' Go FLL for parking.  I tried parking at Port Everglades once and it's a long walk from any of the parking structures to any of the terminals.   Park n' Go costs less (especially if you pay online with your booking) and the service is outstanding!   

I would add to the the Park n Go recommendation that dropping folks at the terminal is a non issue because PNG uses small shuttles that will transport everyone in your party and their luggage....dropping everyone at the correct terminal.

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

I checked Port Everglades' official website (https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/). A caution about walking - Port Everglades is a also a cargo port and not conducive to walking.  Google a map of the port.  The satellite version will give you an idea of where/if there are sidewalks.

Palm Parking Garage

The 1,966-space garage services:Palm Garage

• Cruise Terminals 19, 21, 25, 26, 27 and 29
  • Shuttle service is provided between Cruise Terminal 29 and the Palm Parking Garage

That's what I read as well.  I do realize it is a working port (I spend a fair amount of timing working in them).  I was just curious if anyone had any experience with walking it.

6 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

In my humble opinion,  I recommend Park n' Go FLL for parking.  I tried parking at Port Everglades once and it's a long walk from any of the parking structures to any of the terminals.   Park n' Go costs less (especially if you pay online with your booking) and the service is outstanding!   

Thanks for the feedback.  As mentioned above, I need to park onsite.  

On 11/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, Saturngrl said:

Please be careful generalizing from one experience. Parking garage for terminal one (mostly Royal Caribbean) is super convenient.  That garage sits atop the terminal’s passenger drop off zone, so it is just an elevator ride to reach the terminal door.  I realize T1 convenience does not help Team Stag, it will apply to others.

Though we often chose off site parking to save money in the past, we plan to use T1 parking to avoid shuttle next month.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Please be careful generalizing from one experience. Parking garage for terminal one (mostly Royal Caribbean) is super convenient.  That garage sits atop the terminal’s passenger drop off zone, so it is just an elevator ride to reach the terminal door.  I realize T1 convenience does not help Team Stag, it will apply to others.

While I'm don't think that terminal 1 is Royal Caribbean (pre-covid it was used by the fast ship to the Bahamas), I concur that the parking garages and surface lots are very close to the cruise line piers with the exception of terminal 29.  Terminal 2 (Princess) is actually connected via an air conditioned ramp with moving walkways to the updated Heron parking garage and Terminal 4 is right next door.  https://www.porteverglades.net/articles/post/port-everglades-new-heron-garage-touts-solar-power-moving-walkway/ and https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

I've most often (pre-covid) seen Royal Caribbean sailing out of terminal 19 that has an adjacent surface parking lot and is a short walk to the Palm Parking garage.  I'm mot sure if they are now sailing out of terminal 25 (newest terminal) that is across the street from the Palm Parking garage.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, capriccio said:

Palm Parking Garage

Has Port Everglades given the Mid-Port Parking Garage a name?  

On 11/1/2021 at 8:53 AM, Team Stag said:

1) If I want to park onsite, am I able to drop off my party & luggage at T29?

2) Then if I go park am I allowed to walk to the terminal or am I forced to use the parking shuttle?  I recognize it might be a long walk; I'm fine w that.  But I would prefer to walk vs be packed in a shuttle.

When I have sailed from Terminal 29, I dropped my traveling companion and our luggage off at the terminal and then went to the Mid-Port Parking Garage to park my car.  A shuttle, that was not crowded, was waiting for me to take me to the Terminal.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Has Port Everglades given the Mid-Port Parking Garage a name? 

The picture (from www.porteverglades.net) in post #2 is the former Mid-Port Parking Garage now renamed the Palm Parking Garage.

The North Port parking garage is now the Heron Garage  This is from the port's website:

Heron Garage

This article about the Heron garage is very interesting :  http://www.latecruisenews.com/2021/10/15/port-everglades-new-heron-garage-touts-solar-power-moving-walkway/

Some of the highlights:

Guests going to Terminal 2, Princess Cruises’ prototype Ocean Medallion terminal, will travel along an air-conditioned elevated bridge with moving walkways and a large atrium with a scenic overview of the port where they can stop off and take a selfie.

Guests arriving to Terminal 4 will park in the garage and walk directly into the facility.

The Port has also commissioned a 70-foot-tall 3D-optical illusion mural of a Florida Great White Heron that will be painted at the corner of the garage facing the roadway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

When I have sailed from Terminal 29, I dropped my traveling companion and our luggage off at the terminal and then went to the Mid-Port Parking Garage to park my car.  A shuttle, that was not crowded, was waiting for me to take me to the Terminal.  

Thank you.  I appreciate the information.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, capriccio said:

The picture (from www.porteverglades.net) in post #2 is the former Mid-Port Parking Garage now renamed the Palm Parking Garage.

The North Port parking garage is now the Heron Garage  This is from the port's website:

Heron Garage

This article about the Heron garage is very interesting :  http://www.latecruisenews.com/2021/10/15/port-everglades-new-heron-garage-touts-solar-power-moving-walkway/

Some of the highlights:

Guests going to Terminal 2, Princess Cruises’ prototype Ocean Medallion terminal, will travel along an air-conditioned elevated bridge with moving walkways and a large atrium with a scenic overview of the port where they can stop off and take a selfie.

Guests arriving to Terminal 4 will park in the garage and walk directly into the facility.

The Port has also commissioned a 70-foot-tall 3D-optical illusion mural of a Florida Great White Heron that will be painted at the corner of the garage facing the roadway.

Thanks for the link and your post.  An excellent improvement over the previous parking situation and getting to Terminal 2, I think.