beverage package offered $479 all in

Sorry for all the questions but I’m new to Royal and I just called after making my bookings and was offered $479 including gratuities for symphony of the seas beverage package. Should I jump on this? She said it was a promotional price that could change.

How close to a sailing can I buy the package? Is day-before safe? I want to wait for black Friday deals which apparently start Thursday of thanksgiving. The cruise in question is that Saturday. 

so sorry for multiple posts but really nervous solo traveller here new to RCI with so much anxiety about it I can’t sleep tonight 😞

• Like 2

You can do better, but you may as well get it now. If the price goes down, you can cancel for a refund and repurchase it. 

By the way, you'll only be able to purchase via the cruise planner up to 48 hours (I believe) prior to sailing. 

Anxiety is bad.  Relax.  It's just a cruise.

If you purchase the package, and the price is lower later (e.g., on Black Friday), you can cancel and rebook.  No harm, no foul.

That price is pretty good for the Symphony, which tends to have the highest prices in the fleet.  The rep is giving you a price of $58 a day plus 18% gratuity.  If you look at the multitude of beverage package threads, you'll see what other people are paying on a variety of ships.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Anxiety is bad.  Relax.  It's just a cruise.

If you purchase the package, and the price is lower later (e.g., on Black Friday), you can cancel and rebook.  No harm, no foul.

That price is pretty good for the Symphony, which tends to have the highest prices in the fleet.  The rep is giving you a price of $58 a day plus 18% gratuity.  If you look at the multitude of beverage package threads, you'll see what other people are paying on a variety of ships.

I understand. But what I don’t understand is, if I add it to my package, how will I know if prices go down? If the item is already purchased, how will it be available for re-purchase at a new price? Do I need to look for the price elsewhere or will it still show up in the app?

4 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I understand. But what I don’t understand is, if I add it to my package, how will I know if prices go down? If the item is already purchased, how will it be available for re-purchase at a new price? Do I need to look for the price elsewhere or will it still show up in the app?

After you book you can access your Cruise Planner on the web site. You’ll see all the current prices for drink packages, shore excursions, specialty dining, etc.  

if the price on your drink package falls below $58 per day, you can cancel yours and rebook it. You’ll get a credit back to your credit card within a few days for the old package. 

11 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

USD sadly. Do you think it’s a good deal?

I don't think that's such a hot deal.  Still, as we've mentioned, it's not a bad idea to go ahead and get it now because you can just go back and cancel-repurchase later if the price goes down.  What you don't want is to find out that you have to pay more than you could have today.

Get it today, and note your price per day (or total price).  Check back another day.

Take a look at this thread: 

You'll see that pricing varies from day to day and ship to ship.  

11 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

USD sadly. Do you think it’s a good deal?

It's a personal choice.  I have always passed on drink and internet packages.  I have loyalty perks that provide enough drinks and internet for me.  And I've "survived"  😄 without the packages on up to 16 night cruises.

The real question you need to ask is how much are you planning on drinking. If you can see yourself drinking 5+ alcoholic drinks a day, then you will save money. If you see yourself less than that, look at the soda package if you can get by without mocktails/coffee/fresh squeeze juice. Me personally, I'm not a big drinker. I like a glass or 2 of wine at dinner, but with the UDP I can purchase a bottle of wine 40% off, so the glass of wine gets to be pretty reasonable with that discount. I personally never purchased a alcoholic beverage package, unless it was included in a bundle. (Like NCL, Princess, Celebrity), and only then if the price of the cruise made sense.

5 hours ago, RhondaC said:

After you book you can access your Cruise Planner on the web site. You’ll see all the current prices for drink packages, shore excursions, specialty dining, etc.  

if the price on your drink package falls below $58 per day, you can cancel yours and rebook it. You’ll get a credit back to your credit card within a few days for the old package. 

Guess what?    I purchased the deluxe beverage ($53 a day pp) package a while back for our March sailing and I have rechecked the pricing a few times.   Today when I checked to see what the price was, I get a message saying "you already purchased this item" and it is grayed out with no price is showing.   

What's with this?   Are they now forcing people to call to find out the price?  

RCCL.jpg

Edited by kokopelli-az

4 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

Guess what?    I purchased the deluxe beverage ($53 a day pp) package a while back for our March sailing and I have rechecked the pricing a few times.   Today when I checked to see what the price was, I get a message saying "you already purchased this item" and it is grayed out with no price is showing.   

Just click on it anyway

Each ship and sailing appears to be different. We got $50/day pp for Dec 2021 on Independence, but it's $58/day pp for May 2022 on Harmony. We grabbed the $50, but will keep checking for a lower rate on both (I've read on this board that Black Friday might have some deals).

Also, Unlike NCL's included drink package, the Royal deluxe beverage package includes fresh squeezed juice, specialty coffee (like cappuccino and latte, but NOT Starbucks), bottled water and soda. This makes the package more appealing for me.

2 hours ago, SplashOfWater said:

Each ship and sailing appears to be different. We got $50/day pp for Dec 2021 on Independence, but it's $58/day pp for May 2022 on Harmony. We grabbed the $50, but will keep checking for a lower rate on both (I've read on this board that Black Friday might have some deals).

This is absolutely correct.   I check very frequently.   Also check the Internet package pricing often, if you are going to buy Internet.   And Black Friday may, or may not, have a better deal, depending on the sailing.  

14 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Sorry for all the questions but I’m new to Royal and I just called after making my bookings and was offered $479 including gratuities for symphony of the seas beverage package. Should I jump on this? She said it was a promotional price that could change.

How close to a sailing can I buy the package? Is day-before safe? I want to wait for black Friday deals which apparently start Thursday of thanksgiving. The cruise in question is that Saturday. 

so sorry for multiple posts but really nervous solo traveller here new to RCI with so much anxiety about it I can’t sleep tonight 😞

You are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard too!

If you like cocktails they typical cost $10-$13 a drink.  Only you know how much you will drink to determine if the pkg is worthwhile.  Do you like speciality coffees?  

Please relax, no need for anxiety

You will have a wonderful cruise🤩

I just got Ovation of the seas for 49.99 plus the 18%.  When you do the math the soda package is 8.99/day which leaves 41.99$/day.  That is really only 3 drinks on royal.  Most of the drinks are 12-14$  that we like so this made it a good deal for us.   I will still watch for the price to go down and then cancel and rebook if it does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

RCCL.jpg

I’ve never had that happen!

• Like 1

I have read the replies of people saying 'check your cruise planner' or 'you can do it online, you don't have to call, but no one really said how to do that

This Link will take you to the sign up. Once you sign in, it will ask for your reservation info,  you can sign up for C&A rewards, and access your cruise planner (once you enter your reservation info) 

It's only a good deal if it's less than you would normally spend.  You can't go by what you actually drink when you have the package because the fact you have the package will affect what you actually order.  I know for a fact we would never spend that much since we never have come close.

I've just purchased the drink package for my cruise in January. I will check the price from time to time to see if it goes down. If it does, how do I cancel the package I have? I don't see that as an option.