MSC Meraviglia - November 6th - Hopefully Live - Trip Report

misguy

The MSC APP usually has at least the current evenings Dining room menu available to peruse. A few times they loaded the next day too. 

You will probably see on the Elegant Dinner menu, Shrimp Cocktail and Steak are ‘included’ and no upcharge. On my Meraviglia sailings on Oct 16 and 23, the dress code was always casual in the Dining room, but day2 was the Elegant dinner menu. Our sailings were less crowded, 1068 for Oct 16 and 768 for Oct 23. 

For the dinner menu with something called Guadalupe Shrimp Tails as an APP, I thought this item was pretty good, basically a battered/fried Shrimp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, misguy said:

Dinner on the first night was ok.  One thing I noticed with the menu is that things that are free in the main dining room on most lines are additional chare on MSC.  Carnival and Royal Caribbean always have shrimp cocktail and steak on the menu as free standard items.  On MSC, there is an extra charge.

Here are the first nights menus from the the MDR.  I will share what we chose and what we thought in another post.

P1130630.JPG

P1130631.JPG

Are the Classic Favorites available every day?  Same?  Also is lox or smoked salmon available for breakfast either in the MDR or the buffet?  

Edited by Native Floridian 26

For my main course on the first night I had the Blackened Grouper with Cajun spice, and I see a lot of complaints about the food being bland, I think it might be better described as more delicately seasoned.  This doesn't taste like blackened fish in NOLA.  The fish was mildly seasoned, where I would have preferred it much spicier.

P1130634.JPG

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ogallie said:

Thank you for posting this. We'll be on the 11/28/21 sailing out of Port Canaveral. Long time cruisers, first time in the covid restart.

Ogallie - Welcome to CruiseCritic!

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

For her entrée, she chose the Za'atar Crusted Lamb Leg with Tahini Sause, and the waiter cautioned her that it might be pretty spicy, and it wasn't but to be fair, we both cook and eat Mexican food and Thai Food, grow our own jalapenos and Thai chili peppers.  But she did enjoy it.

P1070694.JPG

• Like 3

I will say that I have been impressed with the quality of the internet connection, I am getting consistently 3-4M up and down.  I was able to connect with friends on Zoom for a couple of hours today.

• Like 4

The boarding process was super fast and easy.  We were scheduled to check in at 11:30 and we got there a little early, and with in 30 minutes we were onboard the ship.   It was about 12:30 or so when the cabins were ready, and we dropped our carryon bags and went to the buffet for lunch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misguy said:

I had the Blackened Grouper with Cajun spice, and I see a lot of complaints about the food being bland, I think it might be better described as more delicately seasoned

Ah, the infamous "Catch of the Day" that seems to be frequently appearing on MDR menus on other cruise lines as to what is the "Catch of the Day".  Did you know what it was before you ordered it?  "Delicately seasoned" is what I found when I sailed on Meraviglia; nothing objectionable about that, I didn't think.  

Thanks for posting the menus; they are so clear and easy to read.  I appreciate that.  

2 hours ago, misguy said:

she chose the Za'atar Crusted Lamb Leg with Tahini Sause,

That entree does look delicious!  Even the presentation is well done.  

• Like 2

I was on the October 23rd cruise.  Since there were so few of us, they offered open seating from 6-9 PM to all, with a choice of tables for two, or seated with other's.   Like being on a luxury line.  There was no benefit to upgrading from Bella to Fantastica Experience to improve mealtime choice...

• Like 1