Wanting to purchase DBP for only one adult in cabin

Hi all. I'm new to Roya Caribbean,l but I have Diamond status due to my Celebrity sailing history Since I'll be getting 4 drink coupons per day I don't need to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package, but my cabin mate wants to purchase it. On the RC website planner it says we must both purchase the package, 

Would I be able to purchase it if I call in? What do others do when you have a roommate with a lower sailing status?

7 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Hi all. I'm new to Roya Caribbean,l but I have Diamond status due to my Celebrity sailing history Since I'll be getting 4 drink coupons per day I don't need to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package, but my cabin mate wants to purchase it. On the RC website planner it says we must both purchase the package, 

Would I be able to purchase it if I call in? What do others do when you have a roommate with a lower sailing status?

One can order it if the other gets the refreshment package. You have to call rcl direct 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

One can order it if the other gets the refreshment package. You have to call rcl direct 

Thanks, Yes, I was originally traveling solo and have already purchased the Refreshment Pkg for myself. I'll call tomorrow to purchase the DBP for my traveling companion. 

2 minutes ago, volk904 said:

Ok just clarify you can buy 1 DBP and one Refreshment package?   Do you have to be Diamond to do that?   Love to know what happens when you call.  

No, you do not need to be diamond. 

they make it difficult because some may buy a single “family” unlimited drink package and try to share. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, volk904 said:

Ok just clarify you can buy 1 DBP and one Refreshment package?   Do you have to be Diamond to do that?   Love to know what happens when you call.  

I’ll post again after calling. Like AustinCruise says, they’re not going to make it easy. 

My experience was that they wanted a medical note from my doctor in order to let me purchase the refreshment package that I didn’t even want in the first place. I can’t have more than a couple cocktails a day for more than 2 days before my stomach complains.  My status would cover that and more but RC assumes everyone is a cheat.  This was just before COVID, not sure if they relaxed the rules. 

They do ask for a medical certificate and I have heard if the person who doesn’t have the booze package  gets a few drinks they invoice them for the booze package at the end of the cruise.

I have found when you get on board ,just tell them the second person just doesn’t want to drink much .

They usually say OK ,they may want to confirm it with their boss and get their names.

If you get a note from your doctor saying that you cannot have alcohol and you also are not allowed to have carbonated drinks, they will allow you to buy the drink package for just one person in the cabin. You have to email them the note and they will allow you to get the package for one. I know this for sure because I did it today.

4 hours ago, Sheal said:

My experience was that they wanted a medical note from my doctor in order to let me purchase the refreshment package that I didn’t even want in the first place. I can’t have more than a couple cocktails a day for more than 2 days before my stomach complains.  My status would cover that and more but RC assumes everyone is a cheat.  This was just before COVID, not sure if they relaxed the rules. 

I'd be super interested to hear back because I've never had a drink package and the expense of having to get it would be detrimental.  $24 a day for juice and water, I think not.  

Also does price include the gratituty as (if I have "heard" correctly) does the Delux drink package?  

Depends on what rep you get on the line. My mom and sis are both in a cabin with me. My mom barely drinks and my sister had eczema so she watches what she drinks. I was debating when I called and the rep never asked for a medical note. The rep said if I called back I might not get a rep who would just push it though so I decided to take the deal. I asked if they purchased an adult beverage or two if that would be a problem and he said no. It was just required they both both the refreshment package. 

Even when I called to get it repriced a medical note wasn't mention so keep in mind your rep may vary. 

6 hours ago, tomahawk246 said:

If you get a note from your doctor saying that you cannot have alcohol and you also are not allowed to have carbonated drinks, they will allow you to buy the drink package for just one person in the cabin. You have to email them the note and they will allow you to get the package for one. I know this for sure because I did it today.

I believe if you call them and get one refreshment package and one DBP, it will be allowed. They will not allow one DBP and the regular Soda Package. Doctors note saying no alcohol and no carbonation will allow you to get DBP for one person and the 2nd person can opt out of all packages.

4 hours ago, B&J_Pgh said:

So if you get the refreshment package where does one get the "specialty" coffee?  I figure it's not from Starbucks?  

Correct, but only a few ships have a dedicated Starbucks kiosk. All the other venues with coffee (varies by ship) will accept the package.

5 hours ago, B&J_Pgh said:

I'd be super interested to hear back because I've never had a drink package and the expense of having to get it would be detrimental.  $24 a day for juice and water, I think not.  

Also does price include the gratituty as (if I have "heard" correctly) does the Delux drink package?  

It is all non-alcoholic drinks.  To include virgin frozen drinks.  Plus fresh squeezed OJ and speciality coffees.

It has been a while, but I think that gratuities are extra from the advertised price.

6 hours ago, B&J_Pgh said:

LOL.  That was exactly how I felt.  I do not drink juice either.

6 hours ago, ColeyCola said:

Depends on what rep you get on the line. My mom and sis are both in a cabin with me. My mom barely drinks and my sister had eczema so she watches what she drinks. I was debating when I called and the rep never asked for a medical note. The rep said if I called back I might not get a rep who would just push it though so I decided to take the deal. I asked if they purchased an adult beverage or two if that would be a problem and he said no. It was just required they both both the refreshment package. 

Even when I called to get it repriced a medical note wasn't mention so keep in mind your rep may vary. 

So if the three of you in the cabin barely drink, why are you even interested in the drink package? You wouldn't even break even on the price

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

So if the three of you in the cabin barely drink, why are you even interested in the drink package? You wouldn't even break even on the price

No.... TWO do not drink enough to justify the deluxe drink package but likes the soda, juice, water etc. So they have the refreshment package. But in order for me to get the deluxe package they had to have the refreshment one. I purchased the deluxe for myself. I was confirming that you can purchase one deluxe and a refreshment one. Plus I got my package repriced from $59 to $50/day. 

Edited by ColeyCola

18 minutes ago, B&J_Pgh said:

It's very confusing - to say the least - when certain refreshment packages include the tip and others do NOT.  

I wish this would be standardized for more transparency.

It is pretty obvious when you try to check out with any package.