Would you buy home tests now?

1 hour ago, ustasmom said:

I bought 3 tests from OptumRx. They came expired and in the three month extension window. So now they are just useless. 

I guess why they give the may expire by date on the web page and Royal suggests buying 1 week prior to cruising.  When do you sail?  (and are you in Austin? 🙂. I'm about to buy 2 for Nov 21)

Edited by AustinCruise

I wouldn't buy the things now.  It may not be certain, but there's still at least a decent chance that you'll get tests that expire too early. 

We have a January 9 sailing, and I'm not going to order them for a good month from now.

3 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Yes - it's getting updated quite frequently.  Guess they are trying to run through old stock 🙂

They are running through old stock because that’s all they have, earlier this year they completely stopped manufacturing because they assumed the need was over, of course this was poor planning

If anyone is cruising in the near future, I have a 6 pack of the proper proctored tests that expire 01/03/22.

I am willing to sell them for $100 plus shipping.

SRF041

At the G type Mail

1 hour ago, AustinCruise said:

Yes - it's getting updated quite frequently.  Guess they are trying to run through old stock 🙂

OP is cruising on 16 Jan.  Just letting them know there are test kits available now that will cover those dates.  I happen to be on that same cruise!  Ordered some yesterday, got them today.  Expire 8 Feb.

although I don’t need 6, it’s nice that you can use these for personal info.  We fly to San Juan several days before our cruise later this month and will need to do the official test down there.  I’ll use my extra tests unproctored to do a self test before getting on the plane.  Just an added layer of insurance that all is good to go.

Edited by dianajo67
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

OP is cruising on 16 Jan.  Just letting them know there are test kits available now that will cover those dates.  I happen to be on that same cruise!  Ordered some yesterday, got them today.  Expire 8 Feb.

although I don’t need 6, it’s nice that you can use these for personal info.  We fly to San Juan several days before our cruise later this month and will need to do the official test down there.  I’ll use my extra tests unproctored to do a self test before getting on the plane.  Just an added layer of insurance that all is good to go.

Thanks.  I sure hate to have to buy six, since they're just a backup plan.  But better safe than sorry, I guess.

1 minute ago, handbellplayer said:

Thanks.  I sure hate to have to buy six, since they're just a backup plan.  But better safe than sorry, I guess.

You can certainly wait until closer.  I stress a lot, so it’s worth the peace of mind to get the test kits in my hand sooner vs later.  Just me!

you could also use one as an experiment with the proctor to get comfortable with the process.  We did…and it was worth it.

Edited by dianajo67

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I just tried to order a 6 pack from eMed.  I ordered tests from them before, no problem.  This time I received an error message saying there are no delivery options near me!!  I had put in the same street address I used before.

I do not believe that have any product in stock currently

Yes, I think you are right.  It’s just annoying that a website would be designed to tell you your address could not be used…instead of the reality of “we are out of stock, please check back soon.”  If I hadn’t ordered from them before I would have thought ordering from them was not an option where I live.

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I do not believe that have any product in stock currently

I know you were referring to the 6pk, but I just ordered a 3-pack from the link RCI provided and it went right through. My cruise is four weeks from Sunday so I don’t want to be caught empty handed. 

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

😬

Edited by matt1

On 11/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, crzndeb said:

They really need to make a Sticky on some of the important questions that are asked daily on the cruise threads. But, then again, how many read the Sticky’s. LOL As mentioned, the only acceptable proctored tests can only be ordered online from Optum or Emed. You can’t buy them at any drugstore, Sam’s Club, or any other place, at this time.

In my community they are giving away FREE the proctored Bionex test (proctored by EMED). I have four of them picked up free at the Library. 

Helen Haywood, I ordered a six pack from emed.com this evening (2.5 hours ago, so after you posted your issue, I believe).  

Their website said Feb 1, so they should cover my December cruise with spares in case anything goes amiss.  

Edited by Starry Eyes

We are on the simulation cruise in LA this week and have a two day window over the weekend to get a negitive test, looked at the options but with only two day was worried about getting the test results  since so many people are getting tested her. RCCL site has an at home test that they accept and you can purchage it throgh the web site. Is not free but it was so convieniet and you get the results back in 15 minues on line so we are using it. We are using it tomorrow for a Monday cruise and will let you know how it works. 

4 hours ago, matt1 said:

I know you were referring to the 6pk, but I just ordered a 3-pack from the link RCI provided and it went right through. My cruise is four weeks from Sunday so I don’t want to be caught empty handed. 

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

😬

Different store than was mentioned earlier.