Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

I have chosen on ship to double mask between cabin and dinner or if I need to get money as of dec30rh.as mention above crew are and most have been since I got in in Nov.

this virus must fly thru masks. 

I thought it was 17 crew and 15 guests . Yet per cabin 50 crew are resting in cabins as to close to a crew member. 

I do wish guests knew which crew member was sick vs at rest. As a guest I might of been to  close to you in spa or somewhere being served and I need to step up  for a test.

one problem that Betsy not aware of…I was on an open air tram to a boat tour thru ship with guests refusing to wear masks. Some were in line without a mask pre tour. I reported it then as Johaness was on dock. Came back and reported it.

five guests no mask..long with ship rules was the law being broken in St Thomas. Signs are everywhere. 

Antigua signs are at stores along with hand sanitizer,

tourola..looks like we can go..now is a bubble tour island.

staying on ship.seen the island prefer lunch out. Not happening so I will enjoy ship.

waiting now on key west

borh Tortola and key west are lunch ports and key west I ship.

now to stay healthy. Seems like most guests been near crew at some point that are sick or cabin arrest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DS said:

On a more positive note…This evening the Azamara Orchestra / Band/ Jazz quartet presented, in their incarnation as the Azamara Baroque Quartet, in the Living Room an evening of Baroque music—essentially a JS Bach recital.   The band master has transposed several Bach pieces for the band – guitar vice double bass and cello, trumpet and clarinet/flute vice violins, electric keyboard for harpsicord.

They first performed in early October in Greece; they did so again today.  ( I don’t know if they did so on intermediate cruises…)

So, the important thing is that this was perhaps the most pleasant hour in our cruise!   No thoughts of virus’s, wonderful music, great musicians who are multi talented ( most had some classical training along the way).  The audience in the living room ( self selected, of course) was very appreciative.

I’m posting this because this was a wonderful event, but also highlighted how the crew continues to provide for the guests.   As other posts have mentioned, the Captain has been very forthcoming on the situation, providing about twice daily updates.   But in other hours it’s the crew, the waiters, the room stewards, the entertainment staff…indeed the deck hands, the below-deck staff, and even people we don’t know, that make this a wonderful cruise.

Do I have bad dreams at night?   Of course!   But for one hour tonight all that was forgotten, and the best of mankind was experienced for an appreciative audience.

I saw this show on my Greek cruise and I agree 100% it was the highlight of my cruise.  These musicians are so talented and the music was just perfect - and right up my street.  I’m so glad you got the opportunity to be transported away for an hour. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roel94 said:

now to stay healthy. Seems like most guests been near crew at some point that are sick or cabin arrest.

Yes, keep safe and healthy. You can only do so much. If people are not following protocols it's so annoying (to me). I was in London for a few days before Christmas to see the lights, Christmas markets etc. Despite Transport for London making it mandatory to wear masks on public transport I was shocked at the number of people that weren't or wore their masks incorrectly. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Others have reported they are using the cctv footage for contact tracing. I’m sure they are erring on the side of caution in contacting more not less for extra testing.  The crew live in such confined quarters it’s inevitable they will isolate more of them. Hopefully that gets Quest ahead of the curve.  
Having lived in a country where the mask mandate has never been dropped I just cannot understand the mentality of the rule benders. I’m not sure how I will feel when eventually one day I can go in a shop without a mask.  Probably very insecure.  I hope to go to a Spanish island soon, there masks are supposed to be worn even outdoors 

Im absolutely ok with that and have ordered us up extra boxes of FFP2s just to be on the safe side 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Interesting.  My Oceania Jan. 14-28 cruise dropped Antigua in favor of St Maarten.  Caribbean Islands are getting to be like 'whack-a-mole' !

Yes, starting to seem like the Magical Mystery Tour! Seems like we are still waiting for the final okay for Tortola. 🤞

Edited by Mackdogmolly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd be interested to know how many passengers there are on the Quest this cruise.  I've been booked for the Jan.23rd cruise to many of the same islands.  I'm looking at the number of empty cabins still left on that cruise and it seems half full.  The last time I talked to Azamara on the phone, they said they had no Covid on the Quest.  Is it really worth it to cruise under these restrictions?

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, keep safe and healthy. You can only do so much. If people are not following protocols it's so annoying (to me). I was in London for a few days before Christmas to see the lights, Christmas markets etc. Despite Transport for London making it mandatory to wear masks on public transport I was shocked at the number of people that weren't or wore their masks incorrectly. 

Phil 

Some guests do not care and getting upset with telling people to wear mask. Gone from one to two.

to have to tell people in their 60,s and 70's gets old fast.

the St Thomas open air van which had about 20 with five not mask is unreal.

Told several people to wear masks on nye. Had dinner deck 10.could not decide walk down to cabin to change shoes and leave shawl. So walked..the masses were waiting to get outside at 1015. I went at 1045 and a prime safe seat.

and I thought stairs was safer.

5 hours ago, uktog said:

Others have reported they are using the cctv footage for contact tracing. I’m sure they are erring on the side of caution in contacting more not less for extra testing.  The crew live in such confined quarters it’s inevitable they will isolate more of them. Hopefully that gets Quest ahead of the curve.  
Having lived in a country where the mask mandate has never been dropped I just cannot understand the mentality of the rule benders. I’m not sure how I will feel when eventually one day I can go in a shop without a mask.  Probably very insecure.  I hope to go to a Spanish island soon, there masks are supposed to be worn even outdoors 

Im absolutely ok with that and have ordered us up extra boxes of FFP2s just to be on the safe side 

Whwn in Mexico I had to wear a mask outside in heat.not easy but more like 35C vs 25C. 

46 minutes ago, Rotenmutts said:

I'd be interested to know how many passengers there are on the Quest this cruise.  I've been booked for the Jan.23rd cruise to many of the same islands.  I'm looking at the number of empty cabins still left on that cruise and it seems half full.  The last time I talked to Azamara on the phone, they said they had no Covid on the Quest.  Is it really worth it to cruise under these restrictions?

On ship now..516. Last cruises about 400.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rotenmutts said:

What I did first two cruises not doing now at night.non living but Cmas eve.two shows double mask unless drinking. Been to discoveries bar..best drinks..but leave fast.

only eating on deck 10 or outside.

breakadt daily in cabin, lunch outside not in air con

how we get get this ship and others under control ..

well, wish we sailed from Charleston or Coco beach etc.

south Florida is bad .

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rotenmutts said:

516 Guests currently onboard Quest. Whether to cruise now is a very personal decision and we’re doing our best to give folks enough info to help make those decisions.  If you’re willing to adjust expectations and enjoy the great weather and possibly a “magical mystery tour” ( as previously described), then I’d say go for it. But if you’re expecting an experience closer to pre-pandemic norms, or perhaps have your heart set on certain destinations, then you might want to reconsider.  As you can tell from posts here, the situation is very fluid and flexibility is key. One thing we know is that Azamara will provide the best possible experience under the circumstances.  Current onboard Covid case status has been described in previous posts. We have also been told by various ship’s officers that all known Covid cases (all of whom are isolated) are very mild or completely asymptomatic… and hopefully it stays that way 🙏

Hope this helps a little bit with your decision on cruising.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Some guests do not care and getting upset with telling people to wear mask. Gone from one to two.

to have to tell people in their 60,s and 70's gets old fast.

the St Thomas open air van which had about 20 with five not mask is unreal.

Told several people to wear masks on nye. Had dinner deck 10.could not decide walk down to cabin to change shoes and leave shawl. So walked..the masses were waiting to get outside at 1015. I went at 1045 and a prime safe seat.

and I thought stairs was safer.

Let us hope the CCTV cameras on the ship capture the passengers who are continually  not abiding by the mask wearing rule and send them a polite note 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, suttonrunner said:

Let us hope the CCTV cameras on the ship capture the passengers who are continually  not abiding by the mask wearing rule and send them a polite note 

Here’s my take on mask wearing… no doubt there may be a few rebels or a few folks who honestly forget (it’s easy to forget), but in my experience the vast, vast majority of guests are abiding by masking protocols.   Now, while eating or at bars, it is common for folks to remove their masks for the duration of their stay, in other words, we’re not necessarily putting the mask back on between every bite or every sip. But, as soon as the “bum” leaves the seat, mask on!!  Even if you’re just making another trip to the buffet.  

I can say unequivocally this is the most mask-wearing we have done during the pandemic, but then much of the pandemic was spent hunkered down at home, so it’s simply a short term cost of enjoying good weather, good company, good food (no dish washing), and great entertainment that we’ve been missing for 2 years. As much as we all dislike the mask-wearing, you kinda get used to it after a few days (did I really say that?) 🚢😎

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JWayne60 said:

516 Guests currently onboard Quest. Whether to cruise now is a very personal decision and we’re doing our best to give folks enough info to help make those decisions.  If you’re willing to adjust expectations and enjoy the great weather and possibly a “magical mystery tour” ( as previously described), then I’d say go for it. But if you’re expecting an experience closer to pre-pandemic norms, or perhaps have your heart set on certain destinations, then you might want to reconsider.  As you can tell from posts here, the situation is very fluid and flexibility is key. One thing we know is that Azamara will provide the best possible experience under the circumstances.  Current onboard Covid case status has been described in previous posts. We have also been told by various ship’s officers that all known Covid cases (all of whom are isolated) are very mild or completely asymptomatic… and hopefully it stays that way 🙏

Hope this helps a little bit with your decision on cruising.

Well said, Jeffrey, and I agree completely. Just happy to be enjoying some warm weather and wonderful food and drinks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JWayne60 said:

Here’s my take on mask wearing… no doubt there may be a few rebels or a few folks who honestly forget (it’s easy to forget), but in my experience the vast, vast majority of guests are abiding by masking protocols.   Now, while eating or at bars, it is common for folks to remove their masks for the duration of their stay, in other words, we’re not necessarily putting the mask back on between every bite or every sip. But, as soon as the “bum” leaves the seat, mask on!!  Even if you’re just making another trip to the buffet.  

I can say unequivocally this is the most mask-wearing we have done during the pandemic, but then much of the pandemic was spent hunkered down at home, so it’s simply a short term cost of enjoying good weather, good company, good food (no dish washing), and great entertainment that we’ve been missing for 2 years. As much as we all dislike the mask-wearing, you kinda get used to it after a few days (did I really say that?) 🚢😎

Well let us  hope there are not too many rebels as these rebels can cause too many problems. Speaking as a register nurse

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rotenmutts said:

Is it really worth it to cruise under these restrictions?

I am booked the cruise after yours and plan to make decision a week before departure depending on how things evolve over the next weeks

I was onboard Journey for 2 cruises back to back returning home 28th December and had an amazing time. Did not spot any rebels, things were possibly easier as both cruises were less than 50% capacity. We had no covid reported onboard and many commented they felt far safer onboard than at home

• Like 3

Need some information. Currently booked on a B2B cruise leaving on 23jan. Fully vaccinated with Booster shot. Have booked a balcony stateroom. If we test positive with no symptoms and have to isolate is it for the 5 days based on the new guidelines' issued by the CDC ? On Azamara website could not find length of isolation it stated if positive you are moved to a stateroom closer to the medical staff which would be deck 4 with no balconies.  Was wondering what is happening currently on the Quest with the people testing positive . Are they being moved and for how long

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

I am booked the cruise after yours and plan to make decision a week before departure depending on how things evolve over the next weeks

I was onboard Journey for 2 cruises back to back returning home 28th December and had an amazing time. Did not spot any rebels, things were possibly easier as both cruises were less than 50% capacity. We had no covid reported onboard and many commented they felt far safer onboard than at home

I think that a Florida departure didn’t e exactly help us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hangover said:

Need some information. Currently booked on a B2B cruise leaving on 23jan. Fully vaccinated with Booster shot. Have booked a balcony stateroom. If we test positive with no symptoms and have to isolate is it for the 5 days based on the new guidelines' issued by the CDC ? On Azamara website could not find length of isolation it stated if positive you are moved to a stateroom closer to the medical staff which would be deck 4 with no balconies.  Was wondering what is happening currently on the Quest with the people testing positive . Are they being moved and for how long

Thanks

I can only comment that they are being moved to deck 4. I haven’t heard for how long before they can be tested again. It makes perfect sense to me (although I know inconvenient) to have a COVID “ward.” Otherwise, they would have to post security at every cabin to ensure compliance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Tour ..st Thomas 

was told to my face that  we did not need one until ship.

it is a law in St Thomas.very clear everywhere.

NYE dance floor.outdoors but I told several couples.

was not that hot compared to say AU or Rio. 

did two shows this cruise.. done.

living room I think 56 guests allowed in.

150 for show,

not found numbers for den or discoveries.

28 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I can only comment that they are being moved to deck 4. I haven’t heard for how long before they can be tested again. It makes perfect sense to me (although I know inconvenient) to have a COVID “ward.” Otherwise, they would have to post security at every cabin to ensure compliance.

Thanks

Understand the logistics but to move from a balcony stateroom or suite to a outside for a minimum of 5 days  would be a deal breaker for me or should I say my partner. 

16 minutes ago, hangover said:

Thanks

Understand the logistics but to move from a balcony stateroom or suite to a outside for a minimum of 5 days  would be a deal breaker for me or should I say my partner. 

17 minutes ago, hangover said:

Thanks

I hear you 😟