Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

6 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We were in Dominica today and only ship excursions allowed. We opted for a “River Tubing Adventure. This entailed an hour drive on twisty mountain roads at breakneck speeds before arriving at the river. The tour guides said there would be small rapids, and I guess that really meant was any time the river was actually moving. The rest of the time, it was so still that we had to link together and be dragged to the next “rapid.” The water was also pretty shallow, so when going through the faster water, we would scrape against large rocks beneath us. All in all, it was pretty fun, but not quite what I expected!

This is a great island. Not done the tubing but done the falls and pool more than once. This island and st Lucia  I take a motion sickness pill to get where I am going.

46 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We’re going on the beach break and bbq on St. Lucia today.

We did that trip one time when my son was with us, it was nice and as I recall we saw a little of the island on the way.  Hope you have a lovely safe day.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The captain just announced that we have 12 confirmed COVID cases onboard ( confirmed with follow up PCRs). We were in port yesterday with some other cruise ships with many positive cases. Captain said they have not been transparent with guests and have only required testing at embarkation.

Any idea if the number of positive cases will affect the Barbados stop?

40 minutes ago, macmax said:

Any idea if the number of positive cases will affect the Barbados stop?

I have not yet heard any discussion about  any changes to the plans for Barbados. 

BTW #1 - Last night Captain said all 12 positive Covid cases were asymptomatic (except for one person that indicated some change in their sense of taste), so hopefully this is good news (if you can call it that) for all those folks. 

BTW #2 - White Night is tonight (St. Lucia), with food / dinner provided on the pool deck, but split into two sessions, 6:00 for folks assigned to Muster Station A, and 8:30 for MS B.  The messaging has been very clear about doing all they / we can to avoid congregating and crowding, while enjoying the festivities. They have specifically asked to limit elevators to 4 people max, and dance floors to 10 couples max (probably doesn’t apply to outdoor White Night dancing?). 

In general, everyone seems to be very respectful of the protocols, while enjoying themselves. 

The weather has been great and seas have been calm so far, hope that continues, and that Covid cases subside🤞.   All in all, good to be cruising again WITH AZAMARA 🚢😎

Edited by JWayne60
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We’re going on the beach break and bbq on St. Lucia today.

Had it booked last cruise and cancel. Hope it was a blast.

On a boat ride tomorrow and then going to the ships lunch on beach.

switch tours on with the umbrella in a sand reef.

if going togoing  B tonight  I will be with English friends near the pool or shower of pool. Very safe area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Had it booked last cruise and cancel. Hope it was a blast.

On a boat ride tomorrow and then going to the ships lunch on beach.

switch tours on with the umbrella in a sand reef.

if going togoing  B tonight  I will be with English friends near the pool or shower of pool. Very safe area.

It was so so, to be honest.

White Night tonight. Two seatings at 6:00 and 8:30, depending on muster station. We drew the 8:30 slot, and before we were called to the buffet it started to rain. So moved inside to Windows. Honestly, I think that the first seating probably had better food, as ours seemed pretty overdone. Still, they were doing their best to keep everyone safe.

24CABF16-CBB0-41E1-965D-C095495D3567.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

It was so so, to be honest.

Heard that about several tours. Third cruise and the best water base tour was due to guests.Also in Bonaire I had fun as I was not force to wear a stupid vest in water. My speed drifting was fast. I do not swim well with a vest. Gave up last tour.just enjoyed the boat. Heard ship demands it. Well at my age better swimmer without.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

White Night tonight. Two seatings at 6:00 and 8:30, depending on muster station. We drew the 8:30 slot, and before we were called to the buffet it started to rain. So moved inside to Windows. Honestly, I think that the first seating probably had better food, as ours seemed pretty overdone. Still, they were doing their best to keep everyone safe.

24CABF16-CBB0-41E1-965D-C095495D3567.jpeg

No wonder you did not see me.

BetsyI am so sorry you left.the dizzle lasted minutes and we ate right thru it.thorn dance the night away. 
food I ate onky from cold side plus veggies. My guests borhnskipped meat but one had  lobster.

been outside and band had to stop due to rain ..not tonight.two bands..great songs ..sorry you left. The dancing Queen.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:06 AM, JWayne60 said:

I have not yet heard any discussion about  any changes to the plans for Barbados. 

BTW #1 - Last night Captain said all 12 positive Covid cases were asymptomatic (except for one person that indicated some change in their sense of taste), so hopefully this is good news (if you can call it that) for all those folks. 

BTW #2 - White Night is tonight (St. Lucia), with food / dinner provided on the pool deck, but split into two sessions, 6:00 for folks assigned to Muster Station A, and 8:30 for MS B.  The messaging has been very clear about doing all they / we can to avoid congregating and crowding, while enjoying the festivities. They have specifically asked to limit elevators to 4 people max, and dance floors to 10 couples max (probably doesn’t apply to outdoor White Night dancing?). 

In general, everyone seems to be very respectful of the protocols, while enjoying themselves. 

The weather has been great and seas have been calm so far, hope that continues, and that Covid cases subside🤞.   All in all, good to be cruising again WITH AZAMARA 🚢😎

We're joining Quest on the next cruise Jan 7th and looking to have as much information as possible to align expectations.  Here are a few questions that you may or may not be able to answer:

1.  Were the 12 positive cases relocated to the cabins on deck 4 that are glass-enclosed that were mentioned earlier in this thread?

2.  Were close contacts also identified and relocated to this same area?  Do you know how many close contacts?

3.  How many cabins are within the covid designated area?

4.  Will the positive cases remain on the ship (i.e. not put ashore at next port) as long as asymptomatic or only mind symptoms?

5. Can positive cases and/or close contacts resume normal cruise activities after some number of days + negative tests?

Don't expect you can answer all of these questions but looking for any information you can provide.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, uktog said:

How lovely, sunset at the Pitons is something I have never seen, we were always too far out by then, so a nice bonus of your changed itineraries.  Look forward to seeing some photos tomorrow

Ann

mine will be on my Facebook page ..maybe some on Azamara page.

Betsy great about updates. I am spend more time on balcony or outdoor spaces.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:21 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Don't beat yourself up. I've done the same thing in the past and ended up feeling foolish when talking to people back on the ship. Travel is definitely a learning process. I'm looking forward to getting back to school! Lol 

Phil 

If you join the Cruise Critic Roll Call, you usually find lower prices.

11 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

If you join the Cruise Critic Roll Call, you usually find lower prices.

That's fine. I join most Azamara roll calls for cruises I'm on, but excursion prices for DIY in port isn't discussed that much from my experience. Maybe on other cruise lines it is. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much JWayne60. These are beautiful. I’m pretty jealous of anyone seeing a view like that.  I know for some it won’t be a substitute for the original plans but your Captain has made an excellent replan if you got to see that sunset. I hope you are able to enjoy a positively memorable day and have fun for the rest of the cruise. 

• Like 2