Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

31 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

My experience of Azamara is that any M & G is always arranged for the first day around sailaway to get it done early in the cruise with as many in attendance as possible. Covid has obviously played a hand in them.  An effort has always been made in the past for as many of the senior crew to at least show their face. They are being much more careful now. 

Phil 

Yes, this one was unhosted, and only crew was one waiter serving drinks

9 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Onboard! There was a lightly attended (unhosted) Meet and Greet in the Drawing Room, probably due to sail away at the same time, but still nice to meet a few folks from the roll call. Crew is fabulous as always and we were impressed that when we signed up for a chef’s table at embarkation and I noted spouse’s food allergy, when we went for dinner they had noted it. And dinner in the MDR was great. Very popular venue tonight, so they funneled people to the Den while waiting for tables and then came and fetched you when your table was ready. 

I thought 5 but was moved to 6 then about 630. Base a polish change on that and  then was on open deck and balcony.

it is rare not to have it at 6 on sail away day.they use to do the VIP party but now that is at 5 on first sea day. Officers come to that and stay masked so we can drink.

sail away after many cruises is special is special and I just love being there.

13 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The Chefs Tables have now been changed to multiple table events, I’ve been told, so signed up for the Stateside o eon the 5th. The French and Italian ones were already booked. We’re having lovely weather and the pool deck is very busy!

Booked and you could not sign up before you got on!

what is stateside dinner.

we had a CA one which is my least favorite.

if they do dinner on patio with music that can be fun too.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Booked and you could not sign up before you got on!

what is stateside dinner.

we had a CA one which is my least favorite.

if they do dinner on patio with music that can be fun too.

Stateside is American cuisine and wouldn’t have been my first choice. The Patio appears to now be open for dinner, although it was closed last night. I’ve been told that there are 570 pax on board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Stateside is American cuisine and wouldn’t have been my first choice. The Patio appears to now be open for dinner, although it was closed last night. I’ve been told that there are 570 pax on board.

We did the stateside a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it though others at the table were less positive. Maybe our palates are not educated! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, this one was unhosted, and only crew was one waiter serving drinks

The CD made an appearance at ours.

I don’t know why the HD was not more visible.  We hardly saw her….only once to speak with.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Saw Captain Johannes today and think he said 516 pax onboard, although with mask on, he might have said 560? 😷🤣

Lovely day at sea today, great to be cruising again 🚢 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Ngawhira still the hotel director?  Any word about Ryszard coming on?  Thanks.

Yes, spoke to Ngawhira today, she mentioned she is doing HD for Ryszard while he is on vacation, but didn’t mention when he would be back. 

Also, captain did confirm during his Welcome Toast last night, that pax count is 5-1-6, highest since they resumed operation. 

A nice Christmas Day at sea today 🎄🚢😎

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JWayne60 said:

Yes, spoke to Ngawhira today, she mentioned she is doing HD for Ryszard while he is on vacation, but didn’t mention when he would be back. 

Also, captain did confirm during his Welcome Toast last night, that pax count is 5-1-6, highest since they resumed operation. 

A nice Christmas Day at sea today 🎄🚢😎

What special events were there for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

10 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

What special events were there for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Ngawhira says HD Ryszard will return from vacation to the Quest on the next voyage, which would be 7-Jan. 

As for Christmas (sea day), of course the ship is nicely decorated including gingerbread village with train, there was midnight mass Christmas Eve and again Christmas morning, pictures with Santa Claus on the main stairway between Decks 4-5, and Christmas-themed trivia session.  And of course the Azamara Presents: Christmas Show in the evening, which I thought CD Danny Turner did an excellent job with… some interactive Christmas carols with officers & guests to get started, followed by very funny reading of “‘Twas the Night Before Questmas” by DJ Justin, then various performances of Christmas classics and more by all the onboard talent, with opportunities for guest dancing on the stage / floor. Above all, a note of sincere thankfulness from Danny and the entire cast to be cruising and performing again. Very well done. 

May be things I missed, that others can fill in?

Worth noting, that reservations were required for MDR on Christmas evening (and again on NYE), in order to more efficiently handle the anticipated demand, while maintaining pandemic protocols (in the dining room and the bar / waiting areas).  We had a 6:30 reservation and seemed like things were running smoothly at that time. 

And lastly, just in case you’re wondering, mask protocols are still firmly in place (with a reasonable allowance for common sense), with good compliance throughout. 

Happy to be cruising, especially with Azamara. 

3338DC00-8863-4B11-97BA-1FCDDEB9025C.jpeg

11A6673E-CAE7-4279-866E-B2259E057E10.jpeg

• Like 7

Thanks @JWayne60for your description of all the Christmas events!  Sounds like a lot of fun.  From my experience from the 12/10 cruise, I think the entertainment department is functioning at a level 10/10.  Really enjoyed all the shows!  
Don’t you just love the gingerbread village?   They did such a great job with that! 

• Like 2

There was piped in music in the living room during the day that varied to tolerable and then sometimes annoying to the point where I had to leave and find another place to read.  

3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The only bad news (IMO), is we are getting piped in music, both on the pool deck and out by the Sunset Bar. The volume is pretty low, but it’s there 😟 But lovely weather in St. Thomas today!

11 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Breakfast on the deck yesterday. We brought a little taste of home. Dinner on the Patio, which was quite nice. Swordfish with mango salsa. We’re closing in on St. Martin where we will be have a beach day.

6EB9986D-3512-4E43-8404-1B2318746DE1.jpeg

I have just had breakfast, so no hunger pangs, but my mouth is watering with the thought of Swordfish and Mango Salsa! ♥

• Like 1