Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

10 hours ago, FranYAlice said:

For those of you onboard now or recently, how has the occupancy been?  Traveling on PURSUIT in August.   THANKS

We have 650 on board Onward for our first cruise. I don't know what tomorrow will bring on changeover. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Good morning 🌞 For those on the Onward Is there a library onboard.? It will be my first cruise with the Onward …

Ivi

The traditional library became Atlas Bar. There are shelves of books in the Living Room and some travel books in the Den. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kml246 said:

The traditional library became Atlas Bar. There are shelves of books in the Living Room and some travel books in the Den. 

Thank you. How is your overall impression about the Onward? Are you satisfied with the food and included wines? Any recommendations? I will be boarding on June 28th.

Ivi

As we near the end of our first back to back on Azamara Journey I’m happy to report it’s been a fantastic cruise. The ship looks great and the crew has been outstanding. Great food and timely service. The entertainers are so talented and entertainment has been top notch.

Best part of cruise is that we don’t have to disembark tomorrow and we get to enjoy our Intensive France cruise on the beautiful and very well run Azamara Journey. A great cruising experience.

• Like 14

From Pursuit Ireland Intensive, we have 588 guests.  

We had the complimentary pink double decker buses provided by the port of Belfast.  To those of you from Belfast, we had wonderful people from town outside at the bottom of the gangway all day answering questions and the tourist info office right by the drop off at City Hall was great! Speaks very well of your city!  Thank you to the city of Belfast for having us!  It was incredible summer weather, too.

We picked up a hop on off bus and then had lunch at the Crown. 😀

Tonight the Azamazing evening.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

From Pursuit Ireland Intensive, we have 588 guests.  

We had the complimentary pink double decker buses provided by the port of Belfast. 

We picked up a hop on off bus and then had lunch at the Crown. 😀

Tonight the Azamazing evening.

Perhaps the best HOHO bus tour we have experienced was the one in Belfast. I know a lot depends on the guide, but the route itself was quite informative.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, nordski said:

Perhaps the best HOHO bus tour we have experienced was the one in Belfast. I know a lot depends on the guide, but the route itself was quite informative.

Sadly, the microphone wasn’t the best and it made him sound muffled.  What we could understand was informative.  
We have been to Belfast before so thankfully this wasn’t our first visit.  We might have had to try another bus if that was the case for another go- round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sailaway from Sibenik, Croatia this afternoon. Just as @aliaschief had a wonderful first cruise on Pursuit looking forward to staying on board, tomorrow is our turnaround day after our 7-day Croatia Intensive cruise on Onward. Tomorrow we begin our 11-day Italy Intensive cruise. It's been a wonderful seven days so far - from the ship to the staff to the ports. Even the torrential rain in Dubrovnik yesterday didn't damper spirits. It was supposed to be an outdoor event in a Dubrovnik fort at night, but rain ended that idea. Onward crew managed to get the entertainment on board and we still saw the show. Today, we went to Krka National Park. 

20230616_154323.thumb.jpg.4544a4a5155a50324ec548f3ec0d5ea5.jpg

20230616_150953.thumb.jpg.564a6db0ee09c0d8aa0ce61c849f0dbc.jpg

20230616_151834.thumb.jpg.266d4cc6a8c4c65139f52e1f8d5289cd.jpg

20230616_123815.thumb.jpg.963260bf10397a3e0c8505136ba0bf97.jpg

20230616_104519.thumb.jpg.ad823fd7705228de5e531e8ab01a5e0c.jpg

• Like 3

What I noticed in Belfast was the kindness of the locals.  One man near the City Hall saw us walking by and hopped up and offered his bench seat to me. Very sweet.  I declined but appreciated the offer.

At another spot, we stopped to look at our map and immediately a local man offered to help!  We just needed to make sure we were going the right way.  

In Dublin we were very lost and up against a time limit and stood with our maps out for a long time trying to see where we needed to go, but no one offered help.  So I appreciated the acts of kindness in Belfast ❤️

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, takemewithyou said:

In Dublin we were very lost and up against a time limit and stood with our maps trying to see where we were, but no one offered help.  So I appreciated the acts of kindness in Belfast ❤️

When we were in Dublin years ago on a land trip, we found the people there incredibly warm and friendly too.

4 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

When we were in Dublin years ago on a land trip, we found the people there incredibly warm and friendly too.

Yes, this is my 4th trip to Ireland over the many yrs.  That’s why I was surprised we had no offers of help in Dublin.  I have always found the people to be warm and friendly.

• Like 1

Asked the Captain whether Journey is now equipped with Star Link. Answer yes. Another guest stated it was a lot better on Onward. Answer was Onward has better up to to date technology and computers on board.

That being said, at times I have been able to watch video streams, post pictures online. It’s much better then what we have experienced in past cruises.

• Like 1

From Ireland Intensive cruise on Pursuit:  Internet was spotty yesterday as we had rain on our second day in Belfast.  Looks like possibly more rain coming as we are in Derry today.  

We had our Amazing evening in Belfast at St Anne’s.  I thought the choir we were going to have perform was from the Cathedral, but apparently it was the Dublin Gospel Choir.  The voices were beautiful and very professional.  The concert was quite long and the chairs were hard wooden seats so the only negative point would be that it was quite long…..about an hour and 45 min.  We were served Guiness or old fashioned whisky cocktails.  I didn’t see any appetizers.   Everything was managed very well.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 4:17 PM, kml246 said:

Sailaway from Sibenik, Croatia this afternoon. Just as @aliaschief had a wonderful first cruise on Pursuit looking forward to staying on board, tomorrow is our turnaround day after our 7-day Croatia Intensive cruise on Onward. Tomorrow we begin our 11-day Italy Intensive cruise. It's been a wonderful seven days so far - from the ship to the staff to the ports. Even the torrential rain in Dubrovnik yesterday didn't damper spirits. It was supposed to be an outdoor event in a Dubrovnik fort at night, but rain ended that idea. Onward crew managed to get the entertainment on board and we still saw the show. Today, we went to Krka National Park. 

20230616_154323.thumb.jpg.4544a4a5155a50324ec548f3ec0d5ea5.jpg

20230616_150953.thumb.jpg.564a6db0ee09c0d8aa0ce61c849f0dbc.jpg

20230616_151834.thumb.jpg.266d4cc6a8c4c65139f52e1f8d5289cd.jpg

20230616_123815.thumb.jpg.963260bf10397a3e0c8505136ba0bf97.jpg

20230616_104519.thumb.jpg.ad823fd7705228de5e531e8ab01a5e0c.jpg

Kevin and Nan.

We will be in the living room most nights on current Onward ship around 5ish pm.  Usually on starboard side.  Kennedy is an excellent bar server that Usually helps us and knows us by name. .  My husband is bald...so hopefully you can find us and join us one night.  Vicki and Ron

Greetings from Azamara Pursuit Ireland Intensive!

We have gone from Belfast to Derry, then Killibegs, and today we are in Galway!  It was as fun as ever …..Love Galway!  Today was a tender port.  Captain says we will sail past the Cliffs of Moher this evening…an added treat to see the cliffs from the ship.

We do have a lecturer on board….Steven Mayo-Smith, who has been giving informational lectures on the ports we are visiting.  We will be attending his next one soon.

We had two excellent shows from an Irish comic named George Casey, who was hilarious!  His shows were packed.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Tonight we are attending a Rijsttafel Meal…..Indonesian Rice Table.

I have always wanted to attend one of these on Azamara and have not seen them offered post Covid but happy to report they are back! 

That is good to hear.  None of our 5 sailings since restart have offered it.

• Like 1

On Onward for the second segment of a B2B. Cruise and weather is beautiful (except for a rainy day in Dubrovnik last week) and we are cruising on "Lake Mediterranean" right now on our way to Amalfi. Presently south of the "toe" of Italy and the Med is dead calm. 

Kevin 

20230622_1733532.thumb.jpg.13c8a44abf7b6e274315684fc3cf544e.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kml246 said:

On Onward for the second segment of a B2B. Cruise and weather is beautiful (except for a rainy day in Dubrovnik last week) and we are cruising on "Lake Mediterranean" right now on our way to Amalfi. Presently south of the "toe" of Italy and the Med is dead calm. 

Kevin 

20230622_1733532.thumb.jpg.13c8a44abf7b6e274315684fc3cf544e.jpg

Looks beautiful!

• Like 1

Well, here we go…..first negative from our Pursuit Ireland Intensive and I am sad to report this.  We got all dressed in white to go to White Night.  Food was pretty mediocre.  But the worst was the decibel level right from the start.  We have enjoyed the band almost every evening in the LR but tonight their music was different, Really loud party music while we were still trying to make conversation and eat.  

There was no easing into the party with slower music to get people started.  It went right into loud party music and never stopped!  We actually asked staff to get the music toned down during the beginning of the evening and it never happened so…we left!  First time in many Azamara cruises we couldn’t take the loud music!  Pretty disappointed.

Oh well, we need a good nights sleep.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Well, here we go…..first negative from our Pursuit Ireland Intensive and I am sad to report this.  We got all dressed in white to go to White Night.  Food was pretty mediocre.  But the worst was the decibel level right from the start.  We have enjoyed the band almost every evening in the LR but tonight their music was different, Really loud party music while we were still trying to make conversation and eat.  

There was no easing into the party with slower music to get people started.  It went right into loud party music and never stopped!  We actually asked staff to get the music toned down during the beginning of the evening and it never happened so…we left!  First time in many Azamara cruises we couldn’t take the loud music!  Pretty disappointed.

Oh well, we need a good nights sleep.

Too bad!!